PDA

View Full Version : Want to trade or sell Henry 22 Lever action

Henrylvr
03-07-2010, 1:32 PM
About one year ago during the heat of the "Obama Scare", I purchased a Henry H001L lever action carbine, got about $330 into it plus taxes and fees. Bought it new in Livermore, Ca. at a gun dealer.

What I wanted was a H001 (non carbine) but the dealer told me it was a 3-4 month wait and I didn't want to wait. So I got the gun and do like it, BUT I am a pretty big guy and the gun is actually a bit small for me. The gun has _never_ been fired...not one single shot! It is in perfect brand new condition, only been kissed and fondled. Comes with a soft case. This is the gun that I have.

http://www.henryrepeating.com/h001l_levercarbine.cfm

I would like to find someone who would either like to purchase it outright ($325.00, with case, negotiable ) or trade for a gun that would fit my size a bit more. _Almost_ any brand, but must be a 22 rimfire LR and lever action. No rats that need a lot of repairs please. What have you got?

Transaction _must_ go through dealer for paperwork

Larry
located in Alameda county (SF Bay Area)

CALGUN 'RS NOTE: I HAVE DECIDED TO KEEP THIS GUN AFTER ALL, SCROLL DOWN TO MARCH 11TH POSTING TO SEE WHY. THANKS.

Henrylvr
03-07-2010, 8:09 PM
You are all right, I need to adjust the price. When I bought the gun last year, there was all this Obama scare around and there were not so many "deals" out there, particularly locally. BUT I purposely did not want to buy from some distant place off of the internet as I wanted to touch and see the gun I bought and also buy it from a local merchant and support the local gun shop owner. That means a lot to me. Obviously, not so much to everyone else.

Don't forget that at those internet prices you have to get it to you also and you cant' ship it cheap either and it has to come registered and insured so plan another 20-30 bucks on top of those cheap prices. And there is a nice fitting case thrown in too. But reality is reality. I will do some leg work and come up with a new lower price soon. In a pinch, I can also keep the gun or wait for a decent trade. Stay tuned!

Lumpy8
03-07-2010, 8:17 PM
Good luck on your sale.

taperxz
03-08-2010, 7:29 AM
Henry, Just so you know, they were showing you prices on Davidsons ,which shows internet prices of YOUR local gunstores internet prices. Henry's are nice and good luck with your sale.

professionalcoyotehunter
03-08-2010, 9:45 AM
Bump. That thing is cool.

Fissssh
03-08-2010, 10:46 AM
What is the over all length? Capacity? Will it take shorts?

Henrylvr
03-08-2010, 11:08 AM
The overall length is 34". Regarding the ammo, I have never shot the gun and in the brochure that come with it, the spec sheet says under capacity for the H001L (mine) " 12 rounds LR, 16 rounds short", no mention of Long.

The sister gun, the H001 (non carbine) mentioned 15 rounds LR, 16 rounds L, and 21 rounds short. I don't know why the difference as they are virtually identical mechanically except for length of barrel and tube/magazine.
I went to the website and under the specs, they said the same thing as the brochure regarding ammo capacity.

Henrylvr
03-11-2010, 7:17 PM
Calgun'rs,
I have come to the conclusion in the last few days that it is best that I keep my little Henry H001L after all. Trying to get a larger gun to fit my larger body was not going to work just by getting a non carbine Henry H001 after all. The only difference between the H001 non carbine and H001L carbine was about 2" longer in the barrel only, no increase in overall heft so I would not gain much at all. Seems that the gun I should have gotten in the first place was a Marlin model 39. Regrettably they are about another $250 bucks for a new one and they seem to be in short supply anyway, even new. So I guess I will keep my gun after all. It still is a sweet little rifle so I won't suffer too much at all. There were several private offers of trades, but none were for 22 lever actions and I really am hooked on them. Thanks for the offers anyway.

Cheers,

Larry
Oakland

Henrylvr
03-11-2010, 8:09 PM
I am back in love with my baby again, I'm gonna keep her. I am sitting here next to the computer and with rifle by my side, and the old flame has rekindled. She may be small, but she is nice.

Cheers,

jdberger
03-11-2010, 8:14 PM
Henrylvr - you might want to look at the Browning BL22. It's a little bigger than the Henry.

Also, could you edit your first post to state that you've decided to keep it?

Thanks

Henrylvr
03-11-2010, 8:26 PM
JDBerger, I will look into the Browning, that is new information to me. I have also made a change to my first posting to reflect my change of heart.
Thanks for the tip.

Cheers,