PDA

View Full Version : WTT Nazi P-38 AC42

robertmcm
03-07-2010, 12:47 PM
This is listed on other boards. I am relatively new here and from Alabama. Only in the last 4 or 5 months was I even aware of this firearm trader board. I am not new to buying, selling and trading guns. I have PLENTY of feedback on other sites all positive. I use the same username everywhere. I am a regular on gunboards.com,gon.com ect and have plenty of feedback on Ebay, some on gunbroker and auction arms.

Decided to trade for something different. I have a nice shooter grade P-38. The code is AC42, and all of the numbers match. It is a non import and a good shooter. Unfortunately it has been refinished. When it was refinished I guess the slide was buffed, as the markings on it are not very deep. The photos make the markings look shallower than they are, but they are still shallow. The slide on the left has P-38 AC42 and the serial (shallowest marking of all) 3609e. On the right I can make out two partial WaAs They are Eagle 359s. Probably about half of each WaA is gone.

The rest of the gun is also refinished, but not buffed. There is some pitting on the frame that was refinished over. Reminds me of a dipped RC, which is what I would think this is having collected RC K98ks. The only problem with that theory is the fact I see no x, the numbers match, and I see no import stamps.

The gun functions perfect, is a good shooter and tight. I just have a nice AC original rig, and an example from the other two makers and not much room in my safe. Looking to trade this second for something I do not have, either even or cash either way.

I am mainly interested in ww2 firearms but will consider anything C&R or military related.
I am extremely interested in a Sauer 38h but am open to just about anything, especially odd nazi marked pistols.
email is tensawmac@aol.com

I will include a post war magazine

http://i194.photobucket.com/albums/z223/robertmcm/100_1517.jpg

http://i194.photobucket.com/albums/z223/robertmcm/100_1518.jpg

robertmcm
03-08-2010, 7:41 PM
bump

Xerxes
03-08-2010, 8:49 PM
Are you willing to trade for portraits of Dead Presidents.

If so which ones and how many of them?

This is listed on other boards. I am relatively new here and from Alabama. Only in the last 4 or 5 months was I even aware of this firearm trader board. I am not new to buying, selling and trading guns. I have PLENTY of feedback on other sites all positive. I use the same username everywhere. I am a regular on gunboards.com,gon.com ect and have plenty of feedback on Ebay, some on gunbroker and auction arms.

Decided to trade for something different. I have a nice shooter grade P-38. The code is AC42, and all of the numbers match. It is a non import and a good shooter. Unfortunately it has been refinished. When it was refinished I guess the slide was buffed, as the markings on it are not very deep. The photos make the markings look shallower than they are, but they are still shallow. The slide on the left has P-38 AC42 and the serial (shallowest marking of all) 3609e. On the right I can make out two partial WaAs They are Eagle 359s. Probably about half of each WaA is gone.

The rest of the gun is also refinished, but not buffed. There is some pitting on the frame that was refinished over. Reminds me of a dipped RC, which is what I would think this is having collected RC K98ks. The only problem with that theory is the fact I see no x, the numbers match, and I see no import stamps.

The gun functions perfect, is a good shooter and tight. I just have a nice AC original rig, and an example from the other two makers and not much room in my safe. Looking to trade this second for something I do not have, either even or cash either way.

I am mainly interested in ww2 firearms but will consider anything C&R or military related.
I am extremely interested in a Sauer 38h but am open to just about anything, especially odd nazi marked pistols.
email is tensawmac@aol.com

I will include a post war magazine

http://i194.photobucket.com/albums/z223/robertmcm/100_1517.jpg

http://i194.photobucket.com/albums/z223/robertmcm/100_1518.jpg

audihenry
03-08-2010, 9:03 PM
My guess is this is a war bring back that was dipped sometime during the last 60+ years. I love these things, so solid and well built.

Rone'
03-09-2010, 2:12 PM
Robert is a good guy to deal with. +1

robertmcm
03-09-2010, 3:09 PM
Just looking to trade it off, not really wanting cash right now. Cash doesnt last me but guns rarely get away

Vladimir
03-09-2010, 3:13 PM
any specific war guns your interested in?

robertmcm
03-09-2010, 3:18 PM
Yep, 38h JP Sauer, or a Waffenampted French Pistol Rig, certain K98 RC codes. Just about any ww2 firearm other than Mosins

robertmcm
03-12-2010, 11:11 PM
bump, collecting dust on my table