PDA

View Full Version : Gorgeous S&W Mod 57-3 41 Magnum 6"

LongRangeShootin
03-06-2010, 10:02 AM
immacculant S&W 6" model 57-3 41 magnum. only 20 rounds TOTAL fired thru it. when i got this it was NIB awhile back. i took it out and shot it exactly 20 rounds. if i didnt mention that, you wouldnt know it from brand spanking new. S&W is now remaking these exact guns under their "classic series", and MSRP on them is over $1100 bucks.

come with box, all factory paperwork and warranty card,factory cleaning kit (unused of course),box,ect. also includes a brand new set of RCBS carbide reloading dies, shell holder, 150 speer lacketed soft point bullets, and if it is an in person purchase/trade, 130 rounds of federal 220 gr factory hollowpoint ammo

$750 cash OBO PTP FTF burney or redding CA ( or will ship anywere in CONUS), or possible trade/part trade for nice 1911 45 acp in 5" or 6" longslide, glock 20C, 7 1/2" old model ruger vaquero or colt SSA in 45 colt or 44 magnum,ruger blackhawk hunter,desert eagle or ??????.....always interested in quality gun trades

might also consider trade/part trade on nice proline or keene 2 1/2" or 3" highbanker/dredge combo or quality metal detector such as a white DFX or XLT,

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v291/johnsguns/DSCF3439-1.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v291/johnsguns/DSCF3438-1.jpg

Deal
03-06-2010, 10:23 AM
Beautiful Handgun.

I just love the 4 and 6 inch blued S&W revolvers.

This one is such rare condition makes it a great buy and all the extras make it a steal of the month at this price.

Good luck with your sale, this one should not last long.

nn3453
03-06-2010, 10:36 AM
I am a fan of the 41 magnum. Beautiful gun that is hard to find in this condition. Unfortunately you are too far away. Shouldn't last long.

Bump.

03fatboy
03-06-2010, 11:39 AM
If you ever make it into SoCAL, I'll take it!

qaz987
03-06-2010, 2:21 PM
Sweet deal and sweet 57! NoCalgun'ers must be sleeping.

PzKfW
03-06-2010, 2:54 PM
This is an excellent caliber for handgun hunting, and its a pre-lock, blued model to boot, with all the goodies, and in a great length barrel for the caliber and intended use. Good luck with the sale, if I needed to blast wildlife with a handgun, something like this is what I would use. Better than fair price, too.

LongRangeShootin
03-06-2010, 2:56 PM
im only selling it because i have one just like it in 8" :)

Buddhabelly
03-06-2010, 4:08 PM
If you ever make it into SoCAL, I'll take it!

He said he'll ship.

TKM
03-06-2010, 4:35 PM
Arrggghh.... I'm stacking up the DROS's to summertime as it is.

Nice gun, someone is going to make themselves very happy.

c good
03-06-2010, 4:58 PM
He said he'll ship.

Can't be shipped inside California. (Unless to LEO) Not on CA DOJ list. Please, someone keep this in California. c good

Deal
03-06-2010, 5:47 PM
I understand this may or may not be sold.

I'll take it! FIrst, second, third wherever I can fit in there...:D

If it was meant to be it might fall to me, who knows.

:Ivan::Ivan::Ivan::Ivan::Ivan:

LongRangeShootin
03-06-2010, 5:48 PM
actually it CAN be shipped inside of california, its a PRIVATE PARTY SALE, not a dealer sale, so being on the list is a mute point. i know this because i was a dealer for 17 years and i am VERY familiar with californias firearms laws ( i actually studied them so closely that the california DOJ agents used to call ME on legalities on certain firearms within the state, including assault type weapons)...it CAN legally be shipped anywere in california oe outside of california,private party sale

also guys, unless you know the law absolutely, please refrain from making untrue comments in my ads. ive ran into this before (same sort of thing , and it was C Good who mentioned this same thing before in one of my ads i believe) and almost lost a sale because the buyer was going to back out, until i asked him to call DOJ personally and verify the info. he did, and it sold.

ANY handgun thats not specifically banned can be sold BETWEEN PRIVATE PARTIES WITHOUT BEING ON THE DROP LIST, and any dealer who does private party transfers will dros it. furthermore 99% of dealers who accept internet sales shipments directly only require a copy of the sellers drivers license and telephone number to be legal.

hammerli240
03-06-2010, 5:54 PM
good for you, longrangeshootin
finally someone who really knows what he is talking
about and not afraid to speak up.
it is true that ppt is legal within the state the ca
it is just that a lot of dealers are not informed enough
to be sure and there are a lot of people who like to make
comments without doing their homework.

LongRangeShootin
03-06-2010, 6:07 PM
10-4

ive ran into ALOT of "internet lawyers" on firearms sites that know the law ( they think)........my advise always is when i doubt, call doj firearms division, dont ever go on "oh, well i heard" BS. i can see it now "your honor, soinso on this forums said it was legal!"..thats a great way to get laughed at by a judge..i spent so much time studying the laws and codes when i got my FFL because i wanted to make sure i had them correct for myself as im allergic to confined spaces...LOL....

anyway, still available

c good
03-06-2010, 6:50 PM
actually it CAN be shipped inside of california, its a PRIVATE PARTY SALE, not a dealer sale, so being on the list is a mute point. i know this because i was a dealer for 17 years and i am VERY familiar with californias firearms laws ( i actually studied them so closely that the california DOJ agents used to call ME on legalities on certain firearms within the state, including assault type weapons)...it CAN legally be shipped anywere in california oe outside of california,private party sale

also guys, unless you know the law absolutely, please refrain from making untrue comments in my ads. ive ran into this before (same sort of thing , and it was C Good who mentioned this same thing before in one of my ads i believe) and almost lost a sale because the buyer was going to back out, until i asked him to call DOJ personally and verify the info. he did, and it sold.

ANY handgun thats not specifically banned can be sold BETWEEN PRIVATE PARTIES WITHOUT BEING ON THE DROP LIST, and any dealer who does private party transfers will dros it. furthermore 99% of dealers who accept internet sales shipments directly only require a copy of the sellers drivers license and telephone number to be legal.

Hi LongRangeShootin:
If you can tell me how to ship this to my FFL or any FFL in my area, and have him accept it, "I WILL TAKE IT !" Consider it "SOLD" at your asking price. I have been looking for one of these for a long time and would love to put it in my safe. Sincerely, c good

psango
03-06-2010, 6:53 PM
.41 is such a nice handgun. like a fool I sold mine :(

LongRangeShootin
03-06-2010, 6:59 PM
actually, its sold . i was comming on to mark it as such, BUT for future reference, just reference back to my post. if you find one for purchase in the future online, in california from a private party, contact your FFL and explain to him that you are purchasing a handgun from a private party in another part of the state, and youd like to have it shipped to them. MOST FFL's will say "no problem, have the seller include a copy of their drivers license"....ive sent several guns down to socal that way, private party. your specific dealer may NOT accept shipments from private parties that way, but if not, have the seller ship it FROM ANOTHER FFL IN THEIR AREA, and your local dealers shouldnt have any problems whatsoever. if they do, explain to them what ive posted here, and ask them if they have any question to please contact DOJ and ask them. they will give him the exact same answer ive outlined in this post and my other one.

sorry guys, its sold now.!

thanks to all of you for the votes of encouragement and the PMs.

c good
03-06-2010, 7:04 PM
If it falls through, please put me next in line. I've never claimed to be an "Internet Lawyer". I've just had numerous purchases slip past me because my long time, 40 years now, local FFL told me it couldn't be done. Now that I have this info, I'll discuss it with him. Please accept my apologies for any previous confusion on this. Don't all handgun transfers have to be FFL to FFL in California when being shipped? (even if it's originating from a private party?) c good

LongRangeShootin
03-06-2010, 7:25 PM
no, no problemn at all...he may have just misunderstood you. like i told you in the PM, its entirely possible that the confusion is that he doesnt accept direct shipments of guns from non-ffls. in that case, have your seller use an FFL to ship to your dealer. regardless, it shouldnt be any problem.

ill put ya in line, but to be quite honest bro, right now, its a LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONG line. im certain the guy who bought it isnt going to back out, but if he does ive got like 15 people on the list...LOL....