PDA

View Full Version : Ak-47 Question

Canucky
03-05-2010, 11:59 PM
What can a person do with a registered ak once they wish to get rid of it. It is listed on the flow chart. Can it ever be legally sold here? And what mods need to be done for compliance?

AK4me
03-06-2010, 12:03 AM
If the receiver is on the list, you need to either chop it up and sell the parts(which I dont recommend) or sell it out of state. A RAW can not be sold here.

Canucky
03-06-2010, 12:10 AM
Txs for the reply. Will pass along the info.

SJgunguy24
03-06-2010, 1:00 AM
If the receiver is on the list, you need to either chop it up and sell the parts(which I dont recommend) or sell it out of state. A RAW can not be sold here.

Wrong, a RAW can be sold to an FFL with a dangerous weapons permit.

AK4me
03-06-2010, 1:21 AM

I didnt know that, I just meant it cant be sold to a non FFL,

SJgunguy24
03-06-2010, 2:16 AM
I didnt know that, I just meant it cant be sold to a non FFL,

You can't just sell to any old FFL though, they have to have a special DW/AW permit.

Daniel Hunter
03-06-2010, 8:08 AM
Couldn't you also sell it out of state?

Arizona isn't too far to drive.

elrcastor
03-06-2010, 8:34 AM
yes it can be sold out of state

Rob454
03-06-2010, 8:36 AM
Sell it out of state. Its probably worth a lot more than a post ban AK 47 thats been recently imported or built

ZombieHunter90
03-06-2010, 2:46 PM

Would you be able to direct me to one of those? I've been looking for an FFL with such a permit and have had no luck finding any (maybe I'm just retarded). I'm trying to go about purchasing an AK-74 that is not yet CA complient due to lack of maglock and clip capacity(still waiting for a reply from Centerfire Systems to see if the receiver is RAW or legal. I'm assuming it's legal, but I'll be pissed if it isn't), and I want to make it as simple as possible and avoid making the transaction and conversion in AZ which is my last resort. Didn't mean to hijack the thread, I was just listing my reason for the request. Thanks for any help. I'll make a new thread if need be.

-Hunter

telcolineman
03-06-2010, 3:52 PM
River City Gun Exchange is Sac. is a level 3 FFL, They can buy it. IMHO you will get more $$ selling it out of state