View Full Version : WTT/Walther P.38 Commericial, NOT a P1

Dimitri A.
03-05-2010, 4:07 PM
Hello. Any Walther collectors out there? Been wanting a Colt Combat Commander for a long time and want to see if there's anyone willing to trade. This is a post-war commercial market Walther P.38 , not to be confused with its post-war military/police P.1 stamped variant.This piece was made made in 1977 and is in excellent condition. No wear on the feed ramp, this gun has been fired very little and is a safe queen.

These are worth 800-1000 dollars depending on condition, condition of this piece is excellent, and unlike the P.1, this gun is not on the dreaded "approved list" so the only way to legally acquire one in CA is through PPT.

And besides, I'd rather sell it to a fellow Californian knowing that once this gun leaves, it can't come back in.

Like I said, looking for a Colt Combat Commander, in at least 90% condition, preferrably in blue but will consider stainless as well, prefer FTF Transfer, but not adamant about it. Any takers?

Almost forgot, it's an Interarms import and all numbers match!

03-05-2010, 4:32 PM
And it has the reenforcing hex pin! I love mine even without that minor improvement. These are fun, loud, 9s.

03-05-2010, 4:36 PM
aka P38 II - one of the last batch imported

Dimitri A.
03-05-2010, 6:46 PM
And it has the reenforcing hex pin!

Good eye. Most people don't know about the frame reinforcement unless they're Walther buffs.

03-05-2010, 6:52 PM
Hmm, a Turner's tag. Is that the one on consignment at the Norwalk store?

Dimitri A.
03-05-2010, 7:10 PM
Yes indeed. Didn't have much luck there. Not too many collectors come in there and the typical gun buyer going into a Turner's isn't usually willing to pay for an "old" gun what they can pay for a new one.

03-05-2010, 7:12 PM
Which is too bad, because new guns aren't made as well as the classic "old" ones.

03-05-2010, 7:23 PM
Bump for the Beretta 92's granddad.

03-05-2010, 11:13 PM
Is that grip tape on the front strap? Luckily you're down south so I don't have to consider whether or not to trade one of my Combat Commanders.