PDA

View Full Version : deleted

03-05-2010, 1:17 AM
deleted

03-05-2010, 1:29 AM
so, all I need now is a magpul buis $40 or scope $?, sling ?, pmag $20, bullet button $20, and anything else that I might want to change out for like a 4 rail hand guard $50 @ a secret place and spikes fake can $50 .... which could potentially go maybe $40 over $700 if I paid retail or got all of it... so anyone wanna help me out? lol.

To keep it low:

- Cproduct 10-rd mag
- UTG quad rail
- USGI sling
- A2 FH instead of Spike's fake can

For $40 you should get the MBUS and forget about scope

03-05-2010, 1:34 AM
thats what Im thinking about going with, I like the MBUS lol. thanks for the insight.

fonionrings
03-05-2010, 1:06 PM
Looking forward to the finished project =]

tomd1584
03-05-2010, 2:07 PM
To keep it low:

- Cproduct 10-rd mag
- UTG quad rail
- USGI sling
- A2 FH instead of Spike's fake can

For $40 you should get the MBUS and forget about scope

no need for AIRSOFT handguards,

just get standard handguards.

03-05-2010, 3:08 PM
lmfao, I already have the standard carbine handguards from the complete barrel assembly I bought. I think I will just keep it like that too.

X-NewYawker
03-05-2010, 4:26 PM
Airsoft.

03-05-2010, 5:58 PM
no "softair" was a way better term lmfao

03-05-2010, 6:05 PM
no need for AIRSOFT handguards,

just get standard handguards.

I looks like you haven't used the UTG rails or own one ;)

tomd1584
03-05-2010, 6:19 PM
I looks like you haven't used the UTG rails or own one ;)

actually, when i first built my first AR, i did buy them before I found calguns.

they were heavy, super fat, made of pot metal and had crappy covers;)

DNA
03-05-2010, 6:26 PM
you could also try the KZ quad rails ($50) at Botach Tactical and then with "CPF" for your 15% off.

Dan

03-05-2010, 7:38 PM
actually, when i first built my first AR, i did buy them before I found calguns.

Well, if you expect more, you should go for more expensive rails from big boys those might rip 1/3 the cost of the rifle.

I've check out all the low cost rails and UTG design is one of the best. It has the tightest installation of all the <$100 DI rails out there.

03-05-2010, 9:33 PM
ok, so I have a pig hunt coming up on the 25th. decided to just stay with the standard m4 carbine heat shield handguards, and just focus on getting a mil spec carbin buffer tube extension and the MBUS and just get me a 10/30 pmag and roll out like that. Im gonna make my own mag lock since I have everything to do it n time on my hands to save $20 lol. so im under $700 for sure and pics will be up when I finish buying the stuff.

03-07-2010, 5:24 AM
threw some pics in for everyone now.

romeomikelima
03-07-2010, 5:32 AM

WILDMAN442
03-07-2010, 8:34 AM
You could always get MOE handguards. Inexpensive and you can add rails if you want later

Justin

evidens83
03-07-2010, 8:45 AM
Looks good as is! KISS!

Darklyte27
03-07-2010, 9:47 AM
whats a upper parts kit?

Linus
03-07-2010, 2:15 PM
whats a upper parts kit?

The parts required to assemble a stripped upper.

Although, you should have bought an assembled upper from Bravo USA and saved ~$15
http://www.bravocompanyusa.com/Upper-Receiver-assembly-M4-Flat-Top-p/flat%20top%20-upper%20-m4%202.htm

03-07-2010, 2:16 PM
the foward assist button, that trap door thingy and just the springs to them and I cant believe they cost $30. I also didnt know that having a front handle is a felony, why is that guys?

shark92651
03-07-2010, 4:19 PM
the foward assist button, that trap door thingy and just the springs to them and I cant believe they cost $30. I also didnt know that having a front handle is a felony, why is that guys?

Are you referring to a forward pistol grip or vertical grip? They are a banned feature same as a pistol grip or collapsing stock. If you are using a magazine lock to create a fixed mag rifle then you can have a forward grip no problem.

akjunkie
03-07-2010, 4:47 PM

How did U come to the conclusion that it is Pot Metal?
Was your rail tested by a Metallurgist?

Merc1138
03-07-2010, 5:22 PM
If you need to attach something to the foregrip, skip the airsoft garbage, don't spend an arm and a leg. Get the magpul MOE handguards, and the rail sections you actually need. Unless you need 4 full rail sections, why waste the money and make the rifle heavy for no reason?

03-07-2010, 6:56 PM
i decided to just stick with the standard carbine handguards and use a front grip thats turns into a bipod, Ill never mount a laser or light so no real use for me to justify buying a quad a rail.

Requiem
03-07-2010, 7:10 PM
no "softair" was a way better term lmfao

I'd like to be the first to say, on behalf of many calgunners (although I'm sure some will disagree with me), that you use the terms "lmfao" and "lol" way too much.

03-07-2010, 7:38 PM
yeah i do, i forgot im on a old persons forum hahahaha...

03-07-2010, 7:42 PM

We're not old....We're just more mature and responsible with our toys. :cool:

03-07-2010, 7:49 PM
I see quite a few posts bashing "Airsoft", but at the same time, many recommended Magpul MOE handguards.

I'm not sure if they know that the only difference of the MOE vs PTS handguard is the metal lining. :confused:

I guess if it's made by Magpul, it's gotta be good.... Can I use my "LOL" or "LFMAO" ? :)

Cokebottle
03-07-2010, 7:50 PM
Keep in mind that with your home-made "DOJ Approved Mag Lock" you are limited to top loading only.
You cannot EVER loosen that screw while the upper is attached to the lower if a pistol grip, telescoping stock, forward vertical grip, or flash hider are attached to the parts.

Honestly... I know you're trying to do it on the cheap, but please spend the $25 for a bullet button. At least then you'll have the option of top loading, or legally dropping your mags with a tool.

Cokebottle
03-07-2010, 7:53 PM
I see quite a few post bashing "Airsoft", but at the same time, many recommended Magpul MOE handguards.

I'm not sure if they know that the only difference of the MOE vs PTS handguard is the metal lining. :confused:
That's because Airsoft barrels don't get hot from use :rolleyes:

But honestly... the PTS and MOE may be the same design, and they may for all intents and purposes appear to be identical, but the PTS is not made by Magpul. It is made by a 3rd party using Magpul's design under license.
It's a legal clone.

And for the record, I don't care for the MOE handguards either ;)

03-07-2010, 8:02 PM
That's because Airsoft barrels don't get hot from use :rolleyes:

But honestly... the PTS and MOE may be the same design, and they may for all intents and purposes appear to be identical, but the PTS is not made by Magpul. It is made by a 3rd party using Magpul's design under license.
It's a legal clone.

And for the record, I don't care for the MOE handguards either ;)

I thought they're both made in the land of tainted milk ? :eek:

Cokebottle
03-07-2010, 8:08 PM
I thought they're both made in the land of tainted milk ? :eek:
They may very well be both imported, but they aren't made under the same corporate umbrella. Even if they may be made in the same factory, they are on different production lines.

03-07-2010, 8:14 PM
airsoft is cool. i was just teasing about you old guys, and i cant help if i have a good and positive attitude that makes me laugh at stuff you dont want to. i like to be vocal about my "lol" :p. I plan on buying the bullet button but I wanted to put my rifle together so i made my own mag lock button that does require a screw driver which is a tool.

Cokebottle
03-07-2010, 8:16 PM
airsoft is cool. i was just teasing about you old guys, and i cant help if i have a good and positive attitude that makes me laugh at stuff you dont want to. i like to be vocal about my "lol" :p. I plan on buying the bullet button but I wanted to put my rifle together so i made my own mag lock button that does require a screw driver which is a tool.
It is not legal.
You need the tool to loosen the screw, but once the screw is loosened, the mags can then be inserted and dropped without the use of the tool.
That was the problem with the original Prince-50 screw type lock.

Do NOT loosen that screw with the upper attached!

03-07-2010, 8:20 PM
nice to know, thanks. even more reason to buy the BB :)

03-07-2010, 8:26 PM
They may very well be both imported, but they aren't made under the same corporate umbrella. Even if they may be made in the same factory, they are on different production lines.

I see your point, but I don't want to drag it into a debate on how cheap we can get. I've owned both UTG and MOE handguards in the past, and sold them all when I had fund for more exotic stuff.

They've used polymer on M4 and M16 handguards for years and there's nothing wrong with it. ;)

Requiem
03-07-2010, 8:28 PM

Actually, I'm probably around your age give or take a few.

Anyways, good luck with your rifle. Stay safe and legal.

Merc1138
03-07-2010, 8:30 PM
I see quite a few posts bashing "Airsoft", but at the same time, many recommended Magpul MOE handguards.

I guess if it's made by Magpul, it's gotta be good.... Can I use my "LOL" or "LFMAO" ? :)

Even if the materials were identical, that "metal lining" is the heat shield. Airsoft barrels don't get hot.

So yes, using garbage made for airsoft on a real rifle is generally not a good idea.

03-07-2010, 8:36 PM
i understand where your all coming from and are only offering your insight. i thank you all so much.

03-07-2010, 8:52 PM
Even if the materials were identical, that "metal lining" is the heat shield. Airsoft barrels don't get hot.

So yes, using garbage made for airsoft on a real rifle is generally not a good idea.

I've seen polymer handguards without metal liners on M4 clone uppers from DMPS and Olympic arms. Should we classify those two companies as "Airsoft" ?