View Full Version : FS: Para-Ordnance 40S&W Complete Top-end *Sold*

03-04-2010, 10:32 PM

For sale is a complete top-end off a Para-Ordnance Gov't model SX1640S. The finish is what Para calls "sterling" similar to Springfield Armory's Black Stainless. The following upgrades have been made: match Briley C/P ramped barrel, match Briley bushing, Ed Brown extractor (with EGW insert) replacing the troublesome Power Extractor. Includes factory firing pin, firing pin stop, rear Bomar style sight, and Dawson Precision fiber optic front sight. Series 80 parts have been removed from the slide (this is a good thing!). Slide itself has some finish wear but no damage whatsoever that will affect performance. Barrel lock-up and bushing fit is excellent. Less than 700 rounds have been put through it - pictures attached. Great affordable way to build a nice USPSA gun!

$350 shipped for everything SOLD! Think about it; a quality stainless slide will run you $225, Briley barrel/bushing ramped combo will run you $200... this alone will save you a ton of money as you would also need to buy sights and all the other parts.

This complete top-end is ready to be fit to any Series 70 Gov't model frame. If you have a series 80 frame, you can buy TJ's shim for about $5 and you're ready to go. You will have to make sure the frame is cut for a Clark/Para ramped barrel, the ejector will have to be changed and a new slide release... that's all. Located in Glendale. Please PM me with interest or with any questions you may have.

03-05-2010, 5:07 AM
Brian I am interested in this please email me as it seems I can pm you from this computer

03-05-2010, 5:14 AM
I will take it

03-05-2010, 8:09 AM
Would you have the p-16 frame for sale?

Mine frame is cracked and not repairable.

Pm me if you know where I can get a para frame.

03-05-2010, 9:20 AM
No, unfortunately the frame is not for sale. Sorry to hear about your cracked frame. You might want to try and get in touch with Jim Anglin at Sailors Custom Pistols. He does wonders with Paras and might be able to repair it for you. He also offers a Cryo treatment for the frames that makes them pretty much indestructable. Here's his info:

Jim Anglin
Sailors custom Pistols

Best of luck,