PDA

View Full Version : Can't Sleep Tonight. Pick up my Rifle Tomorrow.

Gunfighter420
03-04-2010, 9:44 PM
Next best thing to buying a new car is picking up a rifle. I bought the Savage/Scope package .308 for $399 @ Big 5 last week because of a screw up on their behalf. They had a sale on the 7mm & and 270 caliber models w/ scope for $399. apparently the .308's weren't on sale. I called on a Sunday asking the girl (Asst. Manager) if the they had any of the Savage .308's in stock? She said yes in the back not on display and I asked her the price in which she said $399 on sale. I went in the next day (She wasn't there) and told the other Asst. Manager that I'd like to look at and buy the Savage .308 thats on sale for $399. He brought it out and didn't know how to put the bolt in so I did it for him. I filled out and signed the 4473 and he wrote $399 on the invoice. He went into the office and entered it on the computer and got the DROS number. I then followed him to the cash register and it came up at $499, I told him the other manager told me $399 and told him you wrote it up on the invoice for $399. He checked the add and it said 7mm and .270 calibers only and he told me he couldn't sell it at $399 but added he'll call corporate to get approval. They asked him if it was Dros'd and he said yeah so they had to give it to me at the $399 price. Good deal to me and will probably 86 the scope later and get something better. Its my 2nd bolt action and going to let my son use it for hunting. Anyway...just wanted to kill some time typing cause we're too ansy about tomorrow.

Once A Marine
03-04-2010, 9:46 PM
hahahah - nice buy! Will you be making a range trip tomorrow, too? :)

Endless
03-04-2010, 9:53 PM
Next best thing to buying a new car is picking up a rifle. I bought the Savage/Scope package .308 for $399 @ Big 5 last week because of a screw up on their behalf. They had a sale on the 7mm & and 270 caliber models w/ scope for $399. apparently the .308's weren't on sale. I called on a Sunday asking the girl (Asst. Manager) if the they had any of the Savage .308's in stock? She said yes in the back not on display and I asked her the price in which she said $399 on sale. I went in the next day (She wasn't there) and told the other Asst. Manager that I'd like to look at and buy the Savage .308 thats on sale for $399. He brought it out and didn't know how to put the bolt in so I did it for him. I filled out and signed the 4473 and he wrote $399 on the invoice. He went into the office and entered it on the computer and got the DROS number. I then followed him to the cash register and it came up at $499, I told him the other manager told me $399 and told him you wrote it up on the invoice for $399. He checked the add and it said 7mm and .270 calibers only and he told me he couldn't sell it at $399 but added he'll call corporate to get approval. They asked him if it was Dros'd and he said yeah so they had to give it to me at the $399 price. Good deal to me and will probably 86 the scope later and get something better. Its my 2nd bolt action and going to let my son use it for hunting. Anyway...just wanted to kill some time typing cause we're too ansy about tomorrow.

Nice, good price here. You heading to the range to try it out this weekend? Let us know how it goes.

Gunfighter420
03-04-2010, 10:05 PM
I'll be going to Project 2000 in El Cajon Saturday to check the boresight on the 100 yard indoor range. Then hopefully Sunday if it don't rain go out to one of the Cleveland National Forests and see if my son and I can smack our first Yote. We're pretty much set and just been waiting for the rifle. We have our hunting licenses, Adventure pass, caller, camo outfits and ammo. My 15 year old is more excited than I am especially when he's going to be the shooter and I'll be the caddy. We just got tired of shooting paper and want to get out into the wild especially before he leaves in 3 years for the Army. He plays too damn much MW2 at home so I figure this will get him to get off the PS3 and he's getting bored shooting my AR at paper targets all the time.

77bawls
03-04-2010, 10:13 PM
Yea I have 11 days before I can get my first AR lower.

Endless
03-04-2010, 10:17 PM
I'll be going to Project 2000 in El Cajon Saturday to check the boresight on the 100 yard indoor range. Then hopefully Sunday if it don't rain go out to one of the Cleveland National Forests and see if my son and I can smack our first Yote. We're pretty much set and just been waiting for the rifle. We have our hunting licenses, Adventure pass, caller, camo outfits and ammo. My 15 year old is more excited than I am especially when he's going to be the shooter and I'll be the caddy. We just got tired of shooting paper and want to get out into the wild especially before he leaves in 3 years for the Army. He plays too damn much MW2 at home so I figure this will get him to get off the PS3 and he's getting bored shooting my AR at paper targets all the time.

Sweet. You guys will have fun as long as the weather holds up. Its been nice up here. However it was 29 degress this morning. Yuck!

Hyper
03-04-2010, 10:28 PM
Take 1 or 2 Benadryl pills, and you will sleep like a baby. Better than any sleeping pills, and it is OTC... highly recommended :)

skkeeter
03-04-2010, 10:51 PM
I can't sleep either, but it's for the other reason you mentioned. I have a friend of a friend who needs money bad and has a 1970 Chevelle SS convertible with around 60K into it. I'll find out sometime this week if he's going to take my offer of 25K for it. This economy is a B(t$h if your hurting.

hkusp9c
03-04-2010, 10:55 PM
niiiice!

Trendkill
03-04-2010, 10:56 PM
Take 1 or 2 Banadryl pills

Are those legal.....???Never tried em....not even in my experimental years.

Hyper
03-04-2010, 11:11 PM
Are those legal.....???Never tried em....not even in my experimental years.

Yes. Benadryl is regular allergy medicine. The best sleeping pills. :sleeping:

pyro3k2
03-05-2010, 1:04 AM
Yes. Benadryl is regular allergy medicine. The best sleeping pills. :sleeping:

diphenhydramine is much better

waiting for the nerds to catch that one. :D

cleanguy46
03-05-2010, 5:52 AM
Good story! Take it to the range this weekend and let us know how it does. I just picked up my Remington 700 SPS Tactical .308 after it being held hostage for 10 days last Tuesday and getting it to the range this weekend. Weather will be good and so will be the shooting.....have fun!

Hyper
03-05-2010, 6:50 AM
diphenhydramine is much better

waiting for the nerds to catch that one. :D

Basically, that's same stuff... Benadryl is the trade name, and Diphenhydramine is the "ingredient" so to speak... Btw, it is morning now, and you can pick up your rifle today :)

gn3hz3ku1*
03-05-2010, 7:41 AM
what model did you get? if it is the 10fp whata deal!

quick draw mcgraw
03-05-2010, 8:25 AM
Man, do I know that feeling!! My new toy's probation period was over on Tuesday, but I haven't had a chance to pick it up!!!! :willy_nilly:

msand951
03-05-2010, 8:33 AM
Haha i know what you mean, I purchase a savage also and picked it up yesterday But they had the 7mm and 3006 on sale. i picked the 3006. The one they showed me on the day of purchase was a ugly grey stock with a tasco scope. When i picked up mine i was happy cause it was a decent looking blk stock with a bushnell scope . But i ordered a Hawke frontier scope im going to try out.

msand951
03-05-2010, 8:37 AM
I have a wasr 10 I picked up from coldwarshooters 2 weeks ago and i havent been able to go out and shoot it its been raining. But i guess you remember how christmas eve was like when you were a kid.