PDA

View Full Version : Kimber sales

iano1
03-04-2010, 2:24 PM
I was going to buy a Kimber Raptor 2 from one of my local gun shops until they told me that it was a 6-8 month wait after order- WTF!
I was quoted a great price of 1045 but I can't wait that long and no one has them in stock.

scootergmc
03-04-2010, 2:29 PM
Where is local?

walter
03-04-2010, 2:47 PM
check out budsgunshop.com. that's where i got my kimber b/c my shop wouldnt even bother ordering one for me. but another shop said 3 months and the usually come in 1.5 months

iano1
03-04-2010, 3:03 PM
Where is local?

Northern California (bay area)

sker13
03-04-2010, 3:21 PM
check out budsgunshop.com. that's where i got my kimber b/c my shop wouldnt even bother ordering one for me. but another shop said 3 months and the usually come in 1.5 months
+1 reality is usually 6-8 weeks (not months) from my sources. I think they were trying to encourage you to buy something they had more readily available.

scootergmc
03-04-2010, 3:24 PM
It may not be worth the trip, but I think River City Gun Exchange in Sac has a Raptor or two in stock.

kf6tac
03-04-2010, 3:46 PM
Northern California (bay area)

Which shops have you talked to so far? If you haven't already, try Anthony at UG Imports, based out of Fremont. He doesn't run a shop, so you won't be able to browse anything, but he's done a good job of reaching out to distributors and searching for guns for me in the past. His website appears to be down for updates right now, but you should still be able to reach him via email (sales *at* ugimports.com). If the lead time really is 6-8 months, he may not be able to track anything down either -- but emails are quick, easy, and generally painless.

Unit74
03-04-2010, 3:52 PM
I was going to buy a Kimber Raptor 2 from one of my local gun shops until they told me that it was a 6-8 month wait after order- WTF!
I was quoted a great price of 1045 but I can't wait that long and no one has them in stock.

I am currently waiting 6 months for two consecutively numbered Stainless II Kimbers. I saw the email from Kimber about any order even without a consec. numbered request.. They are seriously backed up. Either join the club or find one in stock somewhere....

iano1
03-04-2010, 6:46 PM
I ended up buying a tactical custom 2 for $1085+ tax today. Decent price-right?

G-Solutions
03-04-2010, 6:56 PM
I've had pretty good luck buying Kimbers through Gunbroker.com.

Key is to find a local FFL that does not charge an arm and a leg for the transfer....

glockman19
03-04-2010, 10:57 PM
I am a Kimber Raptor II series collector. I have the Ultra, Pro and Full Size Raptor II's...they're worth the wait. I will get their Stainless brothers sometime in the future. The Pro is not on the approved list. I was lucky enough to find a LEO tradein. IMHO Raptor's are the best firearm Kimber produces.

iano1
03-05-2010, 5:36 AM
Ya I like them too, but won't wait 6 months right now- I think I'm gonna exchange the tactical custom 2 for a cdp2 now and pay the diff. The cdp is also very pretty