PDA

View Full Version : Masterpiece Arms Mac-10

M1A Rifleman
03-04-2010, 9:12 AM
Anyone with details on the California legal Mac-10 pistol? I understand Masterpiece Arms may make one. They come with a 10 round mag, but I sold as a single fire. You the owener need to take it apart and remove the block to allow the use of the 10 rnd mag.

Are these things junk, or do they actually run without jamming?

PolishMike
03-04-2010, 9:13 AM
I have two, and sell them regularly at the shop. Great guns.

Charlie50
03-04-2010, 9:21 AM
I am also interested in the mpa 45 and 9mm carbines. Would love some range reports and feedback regarding function, accuracy, weight, etc. Any of you guys bought one recently? I've done a bit of research and found the guy and video touting the 460ACP and the guy who does video evals, older southern guy, with beard ... you know that guy. Ok, I know these things are basically useless but back in the day I had a mac and it was just fun to shoot.

BIGCHRIS
03-04-2010, 9:24 AM
I will be able to give input one this soon, I ordered one and will be going to the gun show this weekend to start the DROS.

M1A Rifleman
03-04-2010, 9:25 AM
I have two, and sell them regularly at the shop. Great guns.

I know, I was in last Sunday as aksed an older gent about them. Maybe it was you. :D

C_1
03-04-2010, 9:25 AM
Macs are fun to shoot. The triggers on the MPAs are not that bad. I might end up getting one since PRK Arms is local. Either a mini or carbine..

Rekrab
03-04-2010, 11:06 AM
I've been toying around with buying a Mac11 so I can finally have a 9mm gun. I really need to find somewhere local I can actually hold one though.

corrupt
03-04-2010, 9:51 PM
Are they illegal to use with pre-ban regular capacity mags?

Josh3239
03-04-2010, 10:17 PM
12276.1 (a) Notwithstanding Section 12276, "assault weapon" shall
also mean any of the following:
(4) A semiautomatic pistol that has the capacity to accept a
detachable magazine and any one of the following:
(A) A threaded barrel, capable of accepting a flash suppressor,
forward handgrip, or silencer.
(B) A second handgrip.
(C) A shroud that is attached to, or partially or completely
encircles, the barrel that allows the bearer to fire the weapon
without burning his or her hand, except a slide that encloses the
barrel.
(D) The capacity to accept a detachable magazine at some location
outside of the pistol grip.
(5) A semiautomatic pistol with a fixed magazine that has the
capacity to accept more than 10 rounds.

Penal code does not ban high capacity magazines in detachable magazine pistols.

12020(a)(2):
(2) Commencing January 1, 2000, manufactures or causes to be
manufactured, imports into the state, keeps for sale, or offers or
exposes for sale, or who gives, or lends, any large-capacity
magazine.

Penal code does not ban possession or usage of high capacity magazines.

247Nino
03-04-2010, 10:22 PM
MPAs guns work well, I've never had a problem with my MPA 930 (Mini Mac)

Mine takes Sten mags and since I don't have threaded barrel (by use of a permanently attached thread protector or permanently attached barrel extension) I legally use the 32rd stens all day long.

GET ONE

oaklander
03-04-2010, 10:27 PM
I have something similar - it's a Cobray PM11/NINE - California legal. FTW.

Fun to shoot, had trigger slap - I fixed it with a different sear plate.

They are easy to take apart and put back together, and will shoot anything you put in them.

corrupt
03-04-2010, 10:50 PM
I dunno, they're probably good guns but I've never gotten around the image of them being ghetto junk guns. The only way I think i'd own one is if I could get a Cobray machine gun here in Cali for the $3 or $4k that seems to be typical for them, and if that were my only option for Class III.

I'd rather buy a vector arms uzi (yes it's more money), but I think it's way cooler...and come on, all these pistols are about fun, coolness, etc, and to me the Uzi "pistols" are cooler.

Well... a cobray mg with a suppressor would be pretty damn cool.

KracknCorn
03-04-2010, 11:18 PM
They are soooooo much fun to shoot. well... if you can get over shooting 32rds in like 5 seconds. I found shooting it one round at a time gave major trigger slap. My finger hurts after shooting a mag slowly. But the brightside to that trigger slap is the ability to bump fire super easy. Closest thing to a fullauto.

Josh3239
03-04-2010, 11:24 PM
Didn't notice any trigger slap on my MPA, but then again I have shot very few rounds with it. I thought I had heard that most MPAs dont' have trigger slap issues.