PDA

View Full Version : my kimber from buds came in today..

walter
03-03-2010, 10:18 PM
so i went to my FFL to check out my kimber 1911 that just arrived from budsgunshop. i gave it a quick once-over and noticed that it was pretty dirty on the feedramp, and pretty ghetto as it was inside a blue zip lock and had that factory oil all over it. isn't really a big deal but the first time I had to pry the mag out, I'm guessing because of all that factory goo. everything felt really stiff and choppy, and tight. is all this normal? i guess it doesnt really matter anymore since i already transfer it into my name but just wondering how everyone's else experience was.

as for buds, it was an ok-good experience. i felt like i got bait and switched when it came time to pay and i found out the prices were "cash discount" and that there was an "optional" insurance fee (bs). so overall, I didnt save much money and the only reaason i didnt but from my LGS cuz they didnt have that model.

that's all, just wanted to share my experience. after 10 day and clean, I will be back with some kimber pr0n.

ps its my first 1911 and I'm guessing I need to get wilson or mc cormicks mags?

glockman19
03-03-2010, 10:33 PM
So......

.......What Kimber did you get?

scootergmc
03-03-2010, 10:56 PM
so i went to my FFL to check out my kimber 1911 that just arrived from budsgunshop. i gave it a quick once-over and noticed that it was pretty dirty on the feedramp, and pretty ghetto as it was inside a blue zip lock and had that factory oil all over it. isn't really a big deal but the first time I had to pry the mag out, I'm guessing because of all that factory goo. everything felt really stiff and choppy, and tight. is all this normal? i guess it doesnt really matter anymore since i already transfer it into my name but just wondering how everyone's else experience was.

That's a new Kimber. It has been test fired, and put away wet. They come like that, nice and tight. Eventually it will loosen up.

RudyN
03-03-2010, 11:02 PM
I have McCormick and Wilson mags for my .45 and they both work fine, however my .45 is a Les Baer not a Kimber.

Beelzy
03-03-2010, 11:16 PM
I have McCormick and Wilson mags for my .45 and they both work fine, however my .45 is a Les Baer not a Kimber.

Well that's nice...:D

Get Colt mags and be on your way to righting the wrong......:p

(JMB Disciple if not already apparent)

Millions-Knives
03-03-2010, 11:28 PM
Yep, oily, dirty and wet in a blue sandwich bag. You'll love it. And if I recall, same deal on the magazine. It kind of turned me off... so I bought 2 Shooting-stars and 2 cobra mags. I never actually used the kimber mag.

BTW! AVOID the IDIOT MARK!!

someR1
03-04-2010, 12:36 AM
buds is great...i just ordered a 44mag. they have the best prices online, even if the prices listed are 'cash only'. They keep you updated on your order, ship timely, and have friendly workers if you actually call them. I've ordered three guns from them so far, no probs.

marcus_bervus
03-04-2010, 3:23 AM
so how much more did you fork out for the gun? from the cash price?

Greg-Dawg
03-04-2010, 5:53 AM
Clean it and it will be all fine.

someR1
03-04-2010, 10:06 AM
so how much more did you fork out for the gun? from the cash price?

The difference is 3% ...my gun was $501 so shipped the gun was $516 with my credit card.....atlantic firearms does the same crap....except buds ships free!

Synergy
03-04-2010, 10:35 AM
Cant go wrong with some CMC mags.

chickenfried
03-04-2010, 10:39 AM
buds seems to note pretty clearly that the price shown reflects a cash discount.

aermotor
03-04-2010, 11:17 AM
It says right on their site about the cash price... We're only talking about $15 too, AND free shipping is the icing on the flipping cake. Most places will charge you $20-$25 to ship. Quit yer yappin' and get to shootin'!!!!!!!

onikage
03-04-2010, 11:39 AM
I agree. Buds clearly states near the prices, cash price only. Shipping is free and customer service is good. You can't beat buying a firearm from the comfort of your own home. Post handled of course at a store or range. When I bought my XD 45 from them I actually did it on my iPhone away from home. :)

liketoshoot
03-04-2010, 11:39 AM
http://i211.photobucket.com/albums/bb32/quester1000/Youforgottopostpicturesson.jpg

someone had to say it!

xxdabroxx
03-04-2010, 11:42 AM
So buying a kimber is like buying a C&R. You have to clean the crud out of it after you buy it? :shrug: I would assume much less gummy.

wamphyri13
03-04-2010, 11:51 AM
Yes they come come stiff, wet and dirty for the reasons mentioned. That's normal.
Yes, cash price is clearly noted on the site. Most everyone charges at least 3% for credit cards, especially on high dollar items. Credit card usage is expensive. You must read everything clearly before making purchases. Not to get down on you, but that is not Buds' fault. Live and learn.
I'm not so sure the shipping is free, but is included in the price. If you've ever looked at their auctions on GB, their prices are less the cost of shipping for the gun, plus shipping. So same price either way.
What Kimber did you get?
Ryan

Stkx66
03-04-2010, 1:01 PM
Yep, picked up my Kimber 9mm and it was dirty. Looks like they test fired it packed and shipped it to the local store I bought it from. Also the adjustable target sights were way off. Happy though with my purchase.

Shoot-it
03-04-2010, 1:03 PM
You still need an ffl to have it shipped to ,With the transfer fee and dross what does it come out to and how much do you really save then buying a kimber 1911 from a gun shop.

onikage
03-04-2010, 1:41 PM
Of course you need an FFL :). For me, it was an issue of not being able to find the firearm I wanted locally. My FFL was also unable to find a CA legal version (10 rd mags). After fees and shipping I probably only saved $40 or so. However I'm all for convenience as well.

aermotor
03-04-2010, 1:52 PM
You still need an ffl to have it shipped to ,With the transfer fee and dross what does it come out to and how much do you really save then buying a kimber 1911 from a gun shop.

For the naysayers, I've saved hundreds on guns by buying out of state even when you factor in the fees. Don't know why people think it's dirty... Just bought a Kahr PM40 out of state and paid $650 with all dealer fees. If I would have bought it from a CA seller, it would have cost me $860. Same thing for both FNP-40s that I've bought, saved easily $100 on them each.

joefrank64k
03-04-2010, 1:54 PM
After fees and shipping I probably only saved $40 or so. However I'm all for convenience as well.

Hey, don't knock $40...that's 2 boxes of Hornady Critical Defense! :D

dstiltner
03-04-2010, 2:09 PM
I saved over $400 on a S&W 1911 PC .38 Super buying from Buds vs the local gun store. Not to mention that the local gun store was going to sell it to me for $500 less than MSRP.

aermotor
03-04-2010, 2:54 PM
FYI, MSRP is not what things usually ever sell for on this planet... MSRP is a gimmick to make the customer THINK the store i giving him a deal.

TheSorb
03-04-2010, 3:22 PM
So buying a kimber is like buying a C&R. You have to clean the crud out of it after you buy it? :shrug: I would assume much less gummy.

Not the experience I had...my new Kimber Stainless Raptor II was clean & shiny when I purchased it from a local dealer. Apparently he tidies them up before displaying them...;)

marcus_bervus
03-04-2010, 3:30 PM
The difference is 3% ...my gun was $501 so shipped the gun was $516 with my credit card.....atlantic firearms does the same crap....except buds ships free!

3% thats not bad, compare to the other online dealers.

enjoy your new BUDDY!:)