PDA

View Full Version : Daniel Defense

lumwilliam
03-03-2010, 7:47 PM
I ordered my first AR this week, a DDXV, largely on the recommendations I received here at Calguns. I was told about the superior quality and also the lifetime warranty.

After placing my order (my mistake for waiting till after), I started doing research online about the company, and found that Daniel Defense is an extremely young company, and has recently been in a bunch of trouble. I feel worried to be putting so much faith in the quality of rifles from a tiny company that's been producing a significant number weapons for less than 10 years. On top of that, I'm relying on the 'lifetime' warranty in a company who appears to be having a VERY difficult time financially, despite their US and UK government contracts. I found the below article from July 2009 which paints a bleak future for Daniel Defense:(. I've got high hopes for this company, and I'm hoping someone out there has got good, updated information about DD that can put me at ease.

http://savannahnow.com//node/759878

Daniel Defense furloughs most employees
Posted: July 29, 2009 - 10:30pm

By Carl Elmore

Daniel Defense, a promising new Bryan County manufacturer only two months past its grand opening, laid off some 30 employees last week and furloughed most of its remaining 100 employees this week.

But owner Marty Daniel said he is confident the company, which makes and markets a tactical-style rifle and a line of special forces weapons accessories, will bounce back.

"We'll come out on the other side of this," Daniel said. "The furlough is just for this week. We may have to furlough again. Our sales are way down so we're having to pull our production down to match our sales. We're doing what we have to do to manage cash and make sure that we're a solid company."

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/attachment.php?attachmentid=47891&d=1267674232
Carl Elmore/Bryan County NowMarty Daniel owns Daniel Defense, where he is president and CEO.

Daniel started Daniel Defense out of another company he owns, Pooler-based Daniel Overhead Door and Fireplace, in the late 1990s. He had taken up hobby shooting and sought accessories for an M16-style weapon, only to find those he sought weren't available and nobody was interested in making them.

Daniel Defense subsequently won contracts with the U.S. Department of Defense, making an accessory upgrade for the M4 rifle, and with the United Kingdom Ministry of Defense, making a similar upgrade.

Daniel Defense began making its own M4 rifle in January, about the same time it was migrating from Garden City to its current 37,000-square-foot plant in Bryan County's Interstate Centre industrial park.

There was a strong market for guns earlier this year, and Daniel Defense couldn't keep up with the number of guns being ordered. But that strong demand caused other, larger gun manufacturing companies to flood the distribution and dealership pipeline with their products, Daniel said. And gun sales are historically slow in June and July, he explained.

"We've hit a big drop in sales, and as any manufacturer is forced to do in this situation, we had to lay some people off."

"Just last week, we laid off 26 employees on the production side, and we eliminated three positions on the management side," Daniel said. "It would be our hope that we can hire all of them back. I'm confident that we can hire some of them back."

Daniel said he postponed the layoffs as long as he could: "Layoffs, in my mind, they're very personal. These people's families are involved, and their income, and their way of life. It's not like just turning a machine off. It has real complications to those people and their families."

About 70 workers were furloughed this week.

"I've got some key people here working. I've got some equipment working," Daniel said. "We build (gun) barrels for our weapons as well as building barrels for other manufacturers. Our barrels are still selling very well. So I've got that equipment up running 24 hours a day."

The company still has its government defense contracts. "But unfortunately they are both between orders right now," said Charles Duggan Jr., Daniel Defense vice president for corporate affairs. Three Daniel Defense officials are heading to the United Kingdom this week seeking new orders, he added.

And the company is offering two new versions of its rifle, hoping to capture more of the market for special-forces-style weapons. While its primary M4 rifle sells for some $1,600, Daniel Defense has begun offering the same gun with fewer accessories. "We introduced a new rifle with a $1,200 retail, which will open up a much larger market because of the price point to us," Daniel said.

F.J. "Josh" Fenn, Bryan County Industrial Development Authority executive director, said he's confident Daniel Defense will recover.

"The national economy is affecting everybody. I think Daniel Defense will turn around," said Fenn. "I hate what's going on, but I don't think it's going to be permanent. I think they're going to be back and stronger than ever before."

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/attachment.php?attachmentid=47890&d=1267674217

[SIZE="1"]Carl Elmore/Bryan County NowA Daniel Defense employee holds an M4 carbine ready for shipment from the company's Bryan County manufacturing plant. The semiautomatic rifle sells for some $1,600.

Dangerous1
03-03-2010, 7:48 PM
Does that mean more deals? jk. Terrible news. It doesn't mean they're going out of business. Just downsizing to keep things rolling.

technique
03-03-2010, 7:49 PM
Wow that's old...before they started making a lot of rifles. Welcome to the interwebs.

titus7
03-03-2010, 7:51 PM
That article was written in July of last year?? So whats the latest on this?

THT
03-03-2010, 7:53 PM
Probably ramped up and put capital in place to meet demand and now the period costs are killing them.

Nor-Cal
03-03-2010, 7:53 PM
I highly doubt that I knw many people purchasing their products they jst bein cautious plus according to their site they are hiring people to help run their cnc machines programing of sorts. I belive they might be new to the game but they make great products and are here to stay. Plus I got a complete upper from them ill be takin to the range this weekend.

Cokebottle
03-03-2010, 7:55 PM
Keep in mind that many, if not most modern producers of AR pattern rifle/parts have been around for less than 10-15 years.
The whole OLL movement literally spawned an industry.

How long have CMMG, Spikes, Noveske, Stag, Rock River, etc... all been around?

The good news... it's an AR pattern rifle. Unless you have purchased something proprietary like a GPU, virtually any part from any manufacturer will be compatible with what you have.
The main thing to watch for is if your upper has M4 feedramps, then the barrel extension must also have them. If the upper does not have them, then either barrel extension will work.

Smokinjoe101
03-03-2010, 8:01 PM
Old news, July 09 ,, they since have follow on contracts and are comming out with new rifles this month. sound like they are here to stay.

sj

X-NewYawker
03-03-2010, 8:46 PM
I looked into this last year -- one of the problems was that when the post Election boom happened, and AR sales went through the roof, DD invested a lot into gearing up to make complete rifles -- while most of the other AR gun manufacturers already had the machines and just had to put on extra shifts -- when the bubble burst, a lot of stores and people cut back and even cancelled their orders. I had one retailer tell me that DD refused to take his order unless he ordered like 12 complete guns -- they NEEDED to sell them.
I don't want to see any company go under, but we can't save every one.

I like their fore end rails.

CHS
03-03-2010, 8:59 PM
DD is going strong now and struggling to keep up with demand. X-NY'er had it right. They made a lot of AR parts, but never full rifles, so they got a short-term kick in the ***** due to new tooling up costs.

DD is now the one doing the *****-kicking :)

E-120
03-03-2010, 8:59 PM
Like I have posted in other forums, ramped up production is a double edge sword. Demand spikes will create down stream supply bubbles. Most rifles should continue to go down in price during the next year. Did I buy last year? Yes, I like most was worried of impending bans and wanted some dream rifles. Now I can continue my collection at lower prices. Life is all ups and down balancing out to a nice average. Sorry for the rant.

Eastbayguy
03-03-2010, 9:10 PM
If only they had a sale on AR-10 12" rail:D

aplinker
03-03-2010, 10:49 PM
I heard Krushchev is putting nuclear missiles in Cuba! Should I be scared?!

lumwilliam
03-03-2010, 11:23 PM
Keep in mind that many, if not most modern producers of AR pattern rifle/parts have been around for less than 10-15 years.
The whole OLL movement literally spawned an industry.

How long have CMMG, Spikes, Noveske, Stag, Rock River, etc... all been around?

The good news... it's an AR pattern rifle. Unless you have purchased something proprietary like a GPU, virtually any part from any manufacturer will be compatible with what you have.
The main thing to watch for is if your upper has M4 feedramps, then the barrel extension must also have them. If the upper does not have them, then either barrel extension will work.

Wow, I did some research and you're right! According to the 1st couple of googled pages I saw, the highly regarded CMMG was started in 2002! Noveske Rifleworks - 2001. We've got a bunch of babies here! So do we still take "lifetime warranty" as a selling point, or just be glad that parts are interchangeable and think of the rifle as a stand alone product?

civilsnake
03-03-2010, 11:41 PM
Wow, I did some research and you're right! According to the 1st couple of googled pages I saw, the highly regarded CMMG was started in 2002! Noveske Rifleworks - 2001. We've got a bunch of babies here! So do we still take "lifetime warranty" as a selling point, or just be glad that parts are interchangeable and think of the rifle as a stand alone product?

I don't know many gun companies that don't offer a lifetime warranty. But that's the lifetime of the GUN, not the owner. Basically they're covering you for manufacturer defects. But barrels are consumable and have a limited life, as would internal components. If you put 60000 rounds through the gun and the barrel just isn't what it used to be, I don't think they're going to replace it. Honestly, for something like an AR which is honestly pretty simple, a lifetime warranty isn't much different than a 1 year warranty in my book, because you'll identify any problems within that first year.

ArkinDomino
03-03-2010, 11:54 PM
DD ftw!

AlliedArmory
03-04-2010, 8:22 AM
They seem to be struggling with demand right now. Haven't seen regular shipments from them for a while.

Joe788
03-04-2010, 8:38 AM
Even if that article was written TODAY, there's absolutely nothing in there to hint that they would be going out of business. They beefed up capacity to meed demand, and then demand dropped off, so they had to let people go. It sucks, but it's a reality. You can still build a tremendous amount of guns and accessories with 100 people.

lumwilliam
03-04-2010, 9:12 AM
They seem to be struggling with demand right now. Haven't seen regular shipments from them for a while.

Good to hear vendor input! How would you compare DD demand to demand for other manufacturers? Do you read anything into the drop in regular shipments? I hope this is something you see periodically with lots of manufacturers, and not a problem specific to DD :confused:

HK Dave
03-04-2010, 9:48 AM
It would be a real shame for a company such as DD to go out of business... although I HIGHLY doubt they are going out of business from what i know through vendor friends and my own personal dealings with their marketing team at a business level.

GTXR390
03-04-2010, 9:49 AM
It would be a real shame for a company such as DD to go out of business... although I HIGHLY doubt they are going out of business from what i know through vendor friends and my own personal dealings with their marketing team at a business level.

ditto, i love the Omega Rail

madmike
03-04-2010, 10:29 AM
I heard Krushchev is putting nuclear missiles in Cuba! Should I be scared?!

:willy_nilly::willy_nilly::rofl2:

Classic!

-madmike.

Cokebottle
03-04-2010, 7:36 PM
So do we still take "lifetime warranty" as a selling point, or just be glad that parts are interchangeable and think of the rifle as a stand alone product?
I have a habit of voiding the warranty on almost anything I own ;)

But seriously... for the most part, I do consider items that I buy that are not major investments to be "cash and carry". I really don't expect much from manufacturers, so I am rarely disappointed. If I have a problem and find that a company actually IS on top of the game for customer service, I'm pretty happy... like when my wife bought me a bunch of work socks that have a lifetime warranty from WalMart. I figured, ya, right... "lifetime" defined as "until they have a hole in them".
Nope... She hasn't bought a single pair of work socks for me in over 2 years.

jrhglock99
03-04-2010, 8:37 PM
All of our orders are usually to our doors in about 7-10 days. Just placed another order with them yesterday and got my shipping confirmation today. I love the products and personally run them.

Booshanky
03-04-2010, 8:49 PM
If their sales are way down, I expect some serious discounts.

CHS
03-04-2010, 10:44 PM
If their sales are way down, I expect some serious discounts.

They can't keep up with demand because their sales are way UP :)

DD aint going nowhere!

lumwilliam
03-04-2010, 11:31 PM
They can't keep up with demand because their sales are way UP :)

DD aint going nowhere!

As a soon to be DD owner, that's exactly what I was hoping to hear. Do you have any evidence to back it up? And to amend the July 09' articles hinting at DD's imminent demise?

obpwankel
03-05-2010, 4:03 AM
I need to star building my first rifle already, been laggin it.

I want to purchase the dd ddvx upper. Any good deals on this upper atm??

KaTooM
03-05-2010, 7:46 AM
Looks like there doing fine to me.

http://www.danieldefense.com/?page=article/careers

Below is a list of current career opportunities with Daniel Defense, Inc. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or veteran status. Daniel Defense, Inc is a "Drug Free" workplace.

Career Opportunities (http://www.danieldefense.com/?page=article/read&id=175)

Logged at 04:20pm on February 26th, 2010
Daniel Defense is growing and is currently seeking employees for the following positions. CNC Programmer- 01⁄08/10 - 03⁄09/10 (Requisition #01−2010) 1. FUNCTION AND SCOPE The CNC Programmer II must be proficient in the programming, set-up, and operation of numeric controlled production equipment. 2. DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES continued... (http://www.danieldefense.com/?page=article/read&id=175)

shark92651
03-05-2010, 7:54 AM
A lot of companies had furlough programs last year.

I know that DD is one of the better run companies selling AR pattern rifles. Their product line, customer service, and sales staff are top notch :thumbsup:

OP, could you please change the title of the thread - there was nothing in that article that even remotely suggested that Daniel Defense was going out of business and I would hate for that assumption to be showing up in Google searches and adding to any rumors that may be floating out there.

lumwilliam
03-05-2010, 9:03 AM
A lot of companies had furlough programs last year.

I know that DD is one of the better run companies selling AR pattern rifles. Their product line, customer service, and sales staff are top notch :thumbsup:

OP, could you please change the title of the thread - there was nothing in that article that even remotely suggested that Daniel Defense was going out of business and I would hate for that assumption to be showing up in Google searches and adding to any rumors that may be floating out there.

Hi Shark - I understand how you feel and I gave it long thought. So I went back and read the article again to see if I had overstated and as you said "nothing..even remotely suggested DD was going out of business".

This quote in the first paragraph stood out to me: "DD, only two months past its grand opening, laid off some 30 employees last week and furloughed most of its remaining 100 employees this week"

In light of that, and if there is no more updated info besides one want ad to show me any different, I think the title is fair. My DDXV is sitting with my FFL in 10 day hell (sorry, I would have bought from Riflegear, but didn't know about you guys at the time). I'm someone who will shoot maybe once ever 2-3 months. Therefore it would take me a year and a half to get 500 rounds thru. One of the reasons I went with DD was the lifetime warranty. I figured that if I had that, I could take my time, knowing that if any factory defects came up (which seems to happen, even with the very best equipment), I could always go back to Daniel Defense. I WAS ABSOLUTELY SHOCKED to read the article in a major Georgia paper that DD laid off or furloughed MOST of their employees, just 6 months before I purchased. I definitely would have rethought my buying decision if I had known this.

Most of the knowledge I had in making my AR choice came from right here on Calguns. I know many others are searching these pages for the same type of info, and will in turn report back to the group on their experiences to help others make even better decisions. I'm excited to be a DD customer and admire the company. I don't think my title was slanderous or dishonest, and I want to share with other Calgunners my opinion of what this article says to me about the health of DD.

If someone posts up an article "DD Rehires Laid Off Employees, Calls Back Most That Were Furloughed" or something like it, I'd erase the title in a second. I'll be a DD owner and have a vested interest in them staying in business. So yes, a lot of companies furloughed employees in 2009 - it was a bad year - and a lot of companies went out of business too. As a retailer, you've got superior knowledge. Can you educated me on other gun manufacturers that furloughed employees, but came roaring back to health later in the year? If this is the normal business cycle for small arms manufacturers, I would sure sleep better knowing. I AM BEGGING for someone to prove the health of DD.

Swift Justice
03-05-2010, 9:10 AM
As I recall they had a nice booth at the SHOT show in January. Generally, when companies are going under the first thing they cut is trade show participation.

grunz
03-05-2010, 9:11 AM
You're being dense. The media only reports bad things and controversy - so you wont see anything in the papers about about good news.

DD now has tons of business, including expanding their range of complete factory rifles, OEM'ing their barrels and accessories and of course the Rail business.

If you have any doubts about this perhaps you should notify Heckler and Koch about the risk since HK is having DD build the US Civilan MR556/HK416 barrels fir them in the USA as a way to get the guns here finally. This is just one example of a large OEM type deal...

But you fringe candidate guys just like the juicy conspiracy and intrigue, so I doubt anything will sway you. Still, please cahge the damn thread title, this one is as silly as the couple recent Obama AWB threads quiating year old articles.

Hi Shark - I understand how you feel and I gave it long thought. So I went back and read the article again to see if I had overstated and as you said "nothing..even remotely suggested DD was going out of business".

This quote in the first paragraph stood out to me: "DD, only two months past its grand opening, laid off some 30 employees last week and furloughed most of its remaining 100 employees this week"

In light of that, and if there is no more updated info besides one want ad to show me any different, I think the title is fair. My DDXV is sitting with my FFL in 10 day hell (sorry, I would have bought from Riflegear, but didn't know about you guys at the time). I'm someone who will shoot maybe once ever 2-3 months. Therefore it would take me a year and a half to get 500 rounds thru. One of the reasons I went with DD was the lifetime warranty. I figured that if I had that, I could take my time, knowing that if any factory defects came up (which seems to happen, even with the very best equipment), I could always go back to Daniel Defense. I WAS ABSOLUTELY SHOCKED to read the article in a major Georgia paper that DD laid off or furloughed MOST of their employees, just 6 months before I purchased. I definitely would have rethought my buying decision if I had known this.

Most of the knowledge I had in making my AR choice came from right here on Calguns. I know many others are searching these pages for the same type of info, and will in turn report back to the group on their experiences to help others make even better decisions. I'm excited to be a DD customer and admire the company. I don't think my title was slanderous or dishonest, and I want to share with other Calgunners my opinion of what this article says to me about the health of DD.

If someone posts up an article "DD Rehires Laid Off Employees, Calls Back Most That Were Furloughed" or something like it, I'd erase the title in a second. I'll be a DD owner and have a vested interest in them staying in business. So yes, a lot of companies furloughed employees in 2009 - it was a bad year - and a lot of companies went out of business too. As a retailer, you've got superior knowledge. Can you educated me on other gun manufacturers that furloughed employees, but came roaring back to health later in the year? If this is the normal business cycle for small arms manufacturers, I would sure sleep better knowing. I AM BEGGING for someone to prove the health of DD.

gunsnrovers
03-05-2010, 9:14 AM
Posted by Pat Rogers last summer:

(Black Creek, GA) August 5th, 2009 – Following a difficult period of downsizing and furloughs, Daniel Defense, Inc. resumed normal operations at their state of the art manufacturing facility today. (emphasis mine) Recent drops in small arms sales had forced the Savannah area small arms manufacturer to balance out production and sales levels, resulting in nominal layoffs, and a week-long furlough for the majority of both manufacturing and administrative personnel.
The week-long furlough sparked a torrent of online discussions within the firearms community as many AR enthusiasts contemplated the ominous impact of a firearms manufacturer expressing difficulty in this economy. Everyone at Daniel Defense was elated by the amount of supportive, encouraging, and optimistic comments made by everyday shooters and enthusiasts. Jay Duncan, Vice President of Sales & Marketing spoke on this subject by saying, “We are very confident about our position in the market place, and feel our strong relationships with our dealers, distributors and most importantly our customers, will pull us through the other side of this difficult market shift. We are encouraged by the support of our customers and the firearms community, and will work diligently to continue providing the products and service that have earned their trust.”
Optimistic about Daniel Defense’s recovery from this unfortunate series of events, Marty Daniel, CEO and Founder of Daniel Defense clearly expressed his combined empathy for those who lost their jobs, and confidence in the professional skills of the fine personnel that fill Daniel Defense’s payroll. “Layoffs are very personal, so we did our best to avoid layoffs as long as we could. Unlike simply turning off a machine, our employees’ families, income and way of life were dramatically complicated. Our employees are our most important asset, and there isn’t a single employee laid off that we aren’t working to get back. We hired the most hard working, and skilled designers, programmers, operators and assemblers in the industry. As we restructure ourselves to address demand and market status in the most fiscally responsible manner possible, our primary goal is to bring as many of these fine people back to work.”
Daniel Defense is poised for continued successful operations as they continue steady production of the Daniel Defense DDXV Carbine, a lightly accessorized version of the acclaimed DDM4 Carbine.
In addition, to meet market demands for a shorter version of the new Omega X 12.0 rail system, Daniel Defense has released Version 2 of the DDM4 Carbine – The DDM4v2. This top-tier rifle includes all the same features and benefits of the DDM4, but is equipped with a 7 inch version of the Omega X rail system.
In response to these recent events, Daniel Defense continues their commitment to providing shooters with the most dynamic and valuable small arms solutions available by properly balancing the utmost in quality and tactical engineering with considerate pricing structures.

----------

Shortly after this in the Fall, Daniel Defense also picked up a large UK order for rail system for the SA80 in addition to rifle orders and law enforcement orders of smaller quantities.

What makes you think the paper is going to go back and post an article saying they are back in action? If it bleeds, it leads. Good news doesn't sell.

lumwilliam
03-05-2010, 9:33 AM
You're being dense. The media only reports bad things and controversy - so you wont see anything in the papers about about good news.

DD now has tons of business, including expanding their range of complete factory rifles, OEM'ing their barrels and accessories and of course the Rail business.

If you have any doubts about this perhaps you should notify Heckler and Koch about the risk since HK is having DD build the US Civilan MR556/HK416 barrels fir them in the USA as a way to get the guns here finally. This is just one example of a large OEM type deal...

But you fringe candidate guys just like the juicy conspiracy and intrigue, so I doubt anything will sway you. Still, please cahge the damn thread title, this one is as silly as the couple recent Obama AWB threads quiating year old articles.

Wow Grunz - you have the most sincere apologies from this "dense" "fringe candidate guy". I saw the article posted by Gunsandrovers - a lot more productive than your attack. I was glad to hear that it sounds like the furloughs were only for 1 week - something the news didn't post and the very info I wanted to know. I went back to post #1 and clicked edit to "change the damn title" as you demanded, but I couldn't figure out how to do it.

I find that it's tough not to get attacked on these boards - but I'm honestly not trying to make any enemies here or bring down any companies. Grunz, if you can give me a quick tutorial on how to change thread titles and please feel free to name the title you would prefer, I promise to make the immediate change

Smokinjoe101
03-05-2010, 9:38 AM
(-:
sj

gunsnrovers
03-05-2010, 9:40 AM
The problem is that it is very easy to malign a company or organization the internet with rumors, accusations, etc., regardless of intent. Rarely does the company have the ability to counter.

You're posting for proof that DD is still viable 9 months after a negative article was posted. They are going to trade shows, accepting and fulfilling contract orders, shipping rifles, shipped accessories, and introducing new products.

What exactly do you want to satisfy your curiosity?

CodeNamedSpartan
03-05-2010, 9:59 AM
DD is going strong now and struggling to keep up with demand. X-NY'er had it right. They made a lot of AR parts, but never full rifles, so they got a short-term kick in the ***** due to new tooling up costs.

DD is now the one doing the *****-kicking :)

Hey, do you work at RifleGear? I think I bought an AFG and BAD from you yesterday :)

I was worried too before about DD and news I had read, but after playing with the rifles you had on display? I'm sold! I will still get a Noveske Rifle down the road (From you guys of course - Great Customer Service!), but I think my first off shelf Rifle after much thought, will be a DD :)

Thanks for putting my mind at ease :)

HK Dave
03-05-2010, 10:22 AM

What he said.... the media doesn't talk about the good things that happen... Garbage in garbage out.

CHS
03-05-2010, 10:23 AM
FYI, the "grand opening" they are talking about was the grand opening of their NEW facility. They had been in business for quite a few years previously :)

So, it's not like they furloughed everyone after being in business for only 2 months. They had just been in their new facility for only 2 months.

1 SIG fan
03-05-2010, 10:28 AM
As I recall they had a nice booth at the SHOT show in January. Generally, when companies are going under the first thing they cut is trade show participation.

Not usually true. Those shows are paid for so far in adavance that theirs no cost savings or refunds to not go. They're also crucial to help sell off existing inventory. And, the company HAS to save face and go or people would assume their going out of business and not be able to sell off what assets they've got. I've seen companies close days after shows. The employees never see it coming till they get their one day and the doors are locked. Not saying this is the case, but that is standard pratice.

(I have 10+yrs of tradeshow experience with leading companies in specific industries.)

shark92651
03-05-2010, 1:00 PM
if you can give me a quick tutorial on how to change thread titles

It's pretty simple. Just go back to your original post, click "Edit", then click "Go Advanced" and you can change the title and save.

Cokebottle
03-05-2010, 7:16 PM
As a soon to be DD owner, that's exactly what I was hoping to hear. Do you have any evidence to back it up? And to amend the July 09' articles hinting at DD's imminent demise?
He works for a black rifle dealer who carries DD... he knows what the sales numbers are.
They probably sell as many or more DD's than all other brands combined.