PDA

View Full Version : Glock gen 4 and roster Q

kozumasbullitt
03-03-2010, 10:37 AM
So it sounds like the new gen 4 is not on the roster but when i check the roster i only see model, type, caliber and the roster expiration date. If i ordered a Glock 19 what difference would it make to the roster if it was Gen 1,2,3 or 4? Usually when i am in the market for a gun i look at the roster to make sure it is listed but i never worried what generation the gun was because that was never listed as a qualification.

bigcalidave
03-03-2010, 10:38 AM
New Gen 4 glocks feel nice. I may actually get one, first glock!

Quiet
03-03-2010, 3:51 PM
So it sounds like the new gen 4 is not on the roster but when i check the roster i only see model, type, caliber and the roster expiration date. If i ordered a Glock 19 what difference would it make to the roster if it was Gen 1,2,3 or 4? Usually when i am in the market for a gun i look at the roster to make sure it is listed but i never worried what generation the gun was because that was never listed as a qualification.

The Gen4 Glocks are makred differently than the previous Glock generations.

The Gen4 Glock is marked Gen4 on the slide and marked MBS on the frame.

Using your example...
The approved list shows Glock 22 and the Gen4 Glock 22 is marked Glock 22Gen4. Since, it does not match what's on the list, a CA FFL dealer can not legally transfer it to a non-exempt person.

rojocorsa
03-03-2010, 4:59 PM
Will the CA roster change to allow Gen4s at a later date?

Greg-Dawg
03-03-2010, 5:13 PM
I'm picking up my Gen4G17 tomorrow in TX...Yay!!!

Flying Bones
03-08-2010, 7:11 AM
I'm looking at the G19, i'm guessing it's marked the same way?

If so, and since these do not have a mag safety there won't be any buying one for a reg california citizen.

fullspeed1
03-08-2010, 7:14 AM

A 9mm? Greg, Are you going to be able to sleep at night?

Blackhawk556
03-08-2010, 10:47 AM
g17 gen 3 only because the gen4s will have a hard time getting on the safe list. I love that i'm being cared for by our politicians

martinelliminimo
03-14-2010, 6:23 AM

so u got it in TX. how do u buy a gun out of state w/ a cali ID?

hybridatsun350
03-14-2010, 6:29 AM
so u got it in TX. how do u buy a gun out of state w/ a cali ID?

Who said he lives in Cali? :p

cal_gunner
03-14-2010, 6:32 AM

Yes.

Mstnpete
03-14-2010, 6:41 AM
Glocks Improved Gen 4 video!

ildiZF_XIBo

geeknow
03-14-2010, 7:01 AM

like others have said, the Gen 4 is different.

At the recent SHOT Show, the good people of Glock shared with me that, as of the SHOT Show, they had already submitted a sample to the DOJ for approval, and expected to receive it in the not too distant future.

I would be looking for the Gen 4 glocks to arrive in CA shortly.

g

Greg-Dawg
03-14-2010, 7:04 AM
The roster oppresses CA law abiding pistol gun owners. The real only legal option to owning a pistol outside of the roster is to move to a free state. Or to search high and low for someone who's willing to sell...I doubt because the new Gen4G17 is a HUGE improvement, especially the frame texture, backstraps and recoil spring. I don't really bother with the revesable magazine catch since I'm a righty.

I love mine. It only had one stovepipe, because my girl didn't have a tight grip on it....I'll save that joke for later.

Mine with new pics. Also, maybe another reason why is that it comes with three standard Gen4 mags:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v171/Gregdog/Pin%20Ups/G17Gen43006.jpg

I had just picked up the Glock survival knife at a gun show in Longview, TX for $25 to compliment my evil black pistol:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v171/Gregdog/Pin%20Ups/GKnife003.jpg

Mstnpete
03-14-2010, 7:31 AM
Good looking new Gen 4. So it looks like the sights and the slide release lever remains the same. I'm a lefty but never got used using my thumb for mag release. Always used trigger finger.
Time to get another for the collection...lol And I no longer have to stipple the frame just like what I did to the other Glocks I have.

Quiet
03-14-2010, 7:48 AM

Only if Glocks adds a CA DOJ approved chamber load indicator and a magazine disconnect.

The Gen4 Glocks have too many internal changes and also has marking variations for it to be placed on the list via the way Glock got the SF & RTF2 Glocks listed.

TonyM
03-14-2010, 10:04 AM
Only if Glocks adds a CA DOJ approved chamber load indicator and a magazine disconnect.

The Gen4 Glocks have too many internal changes and also has marking variations for it to be placed on the list via the way Glock got the SF & RTF2 Glocks listed.

I'd just like to add that nothing is certain. Remember, the Sig P250 was added to the roster... So, there is hope that until the roster falls, some guns can make their way onto the list when it seems impossible.

hybridatsun350
03-14-2010, 10:37 AM
I'd just like to add that nothing is certain. Remember, the Sig P250 was added to the roster... So, there is hope that until the roster falls, some guns can make their way onto the list when it seems impossible.

Exactly what I was thinking. We can have hope! :clover:

Quiet
03-14-2010, 11:04 AM

The SIG P250 Compact that was listed has a CA DOJ approved chamber load indicator and a magazine disconnect.
The Gen4 Glocks does not have a CA DOJ approved chamber load indicator and does not have a magazine disconnect.

CA DOJ approved list = SIG P250 Compact (9x19mm) two-tone [pics by lunde]
http://lundestudio.com/2010SHOTShow/Day3/2010shotshow-01212010-39.jpg
http://lundestudio.com/2010SHOTShow/Day3/2010shotshow-01212010-40.jpg

TonyM
03-14-2010, 11:13 AM
The SIG P250 Compact that was approved has a CA DOJ chamber load indicator and a magazine disconnect.

The argument was there before that the actual firearm is the part that has the serial and can be swapped around. That's one reason they were saying it wouldn't make the list, any $350 conversion makes the same firearm (serialized part) non-compliant with the roster.. {ETA} I've also seen non-CLI models for sale on the FFL shelves.... Since the roster doesn't have a specific model number, just caliber and color... WTF are they thinking?

Honestly, just like the SF and RTF models on the Glock.. It seems that if there's enough pressure, things happen. Also remember that the DOJ has swayed with the wind when making decision statements in writing and even accepted an Assault Weapon (per SB23) on the list without question, so we're not dealing with the brightest bunch of individuals here.

Greg-Dawg
03-14-2010, 11:17 AM
Sig should've added on the loaded chamber markings: "Don't shoot yourself, stoopid".

http://lundestudio.com/2010SHOTShow/Day3/2010shotshow-01212010-40.jpg

Quiet
03-14-2010, 11:28 AM
Honestly, just like the SF and RTF models on the Glock.. It seems that if there's enough pressure, things happen.

The SF and RTF2 Glocks got listed because Glock used an exemption [PC 12131.5] to get them on the approved list.

Also, the ambi-magazine release variants of the SF Glocks were not approved because they had an internal change which disqualified them for the exemption.

The Gen4 Glocks have too many internal changes for Glock to use the same exemption that got the RTF2 and SF Glocks listed.

So, if Glock submits the Gen4 Glocks for testing they will need to have a CA DOJ approved chamber load indicator and a magazine disconnect.

Penal Code 12131.5
(a) A firearm shall be deemed to satisfy the requirements of subdivision (a) of Section 12131 if another firearm made by the same manufacturer is already listed and the unlisted firearm differs from the listed firearm only in one or more of the following features:
(1) Finish, including, but not limited to, bluing, chrome-plating, oiling, or engraving.
(2) The material from which the grips are made.
(3) The shape or texture of the grips, so long as the difference in grip shape or texture does not in any way alter the dimensions, material, linkage, or functioning of the magazine well, the barrel, the chamber, or any of the components of the firing mechanism of the firearm.
(4) Any other purely cosmetic feature that does not in any way alter the dimensions, material, linkage, or functioning of the magazine well, the barrel, the chamber, or any of the components of the firing mechanism of the firearm.
(b) Any manufacturer seeking to have a firearm listed under this section shall provide to the Department of Justice all of the following:
(1) The model designation of the listed firearm.
(2) The model designation of each firearm that the manufacturer seeks to have listed under this section.
(3) A statement, under oath, that each unlisted firearm for which listing is sought differs from the listed firearm only in one or more of the ways identified in subdivision (a) and is in all other respects identical to the listed firearm.
(c) The department may, in its discretion and at any time, require a manufacturer to provide to the department any model for which listing is sought under this section, to determine whether the model complies with the requirements of this section.

TonyM
03-14-2010, 11:54 AM
The SF and RTF2 Glocks got listed because Glock used an exemption [PC 12131.5] to get them on the approved list.

Also, the ambi-magazine release variants of the SF Glocks were not approved because they had an internal change which disqualified them for the exemption.

The Gen4 Glocks have too many internal changes for Glock to use the same exemption that got the RTF2 and SF Glocks listed.

So, if Glock submits the Gen4 Glocks for testing they will need to have a CA DOJ approved chamber load indicator and a magazine disconnect.

Penal Code 12131.5
(a) A firearm shall be deemed to satisfy the requirements of subdivision (a) of Section 12131 if another firearm made by the same manufacturer is already listed and the unlisted firearm differs from the listed firearm only in one or more of the following features:
(1) Finish, including, but not limited to, bluing, chrome-plating, oiling, or engraving.
(2) The material from which the grips are made.
(3) The shape or texture of the grips, so long as the difference in grip shape or texture does not in any way alter the dimensions, material, linkage, or functioning of the magazine well, the barrel, the chamber, or any of the components of the firing mechanism of the firearm.
(4) Any other purely cosmetic feature that does not in any way alter the dimensions, material, linkage, or functioning of the magazine well, the barrel, the chamber, or any of the components of the firing mechanism of the firearm.
(b) Any manufacturer seeking to have a firearm listed under this section shall provide to the Department of Justice all of the following:
(1) The model designation of the listed firearm.
(2) The model designation of each firearm that the manufacturer seeks to have listed under this section.
(3) A statement, under oath, that each unlisted firearm for which listing is sought differs from the listed firearm only in one or more of the ways identified in subdivision (a) and is in all other respects identical to the listed firearm.
(c) The department may, in its discretion and at any time, require a manufacturer to provide to the department any model for which listing is sought under this section, to determine whether the model complies with the requirements of this section.

I understand this, you understand this.. However, speaking in absolutes isn't the best solution when dealing with incompetent employees.

Did you think that the Roster would have had an Assault Weapon added if the people running the show stuck to their own rules?

Flying Bones
03-14-2010, 3:57 PM
I live in hope...or I'll have to find a LEO who doesn't want the one he/she bought.