PDA

View Full Version : Have a friend with MAK 90 parts kit...

skylovia
03-03-2010, 1:07 AM
Can he just buy a receiver flat and bend it into a receiver, put it together with all 922r parts, add bullet button and call it good? As per my research it is perfectly legal to just make the receiver so long as you don't sell or distribute it. And yes i know not to assemble the thing with "evil" features before the BB is on.

nick
03-03-2010, 1:11 AM
Yep. However, his best bet is to sell that parts kit. To me.

Josh3239
03-03-2010, 2:01 AM
As per my research it is perfectly legal to just make the receiver so long as you don't sell or distribute it. And yes i know not to assemble the thing with "evil" features before the BB is on.

YOu can sell a homebuild, you just cannot make a business out of it without an FFL.

69Mach1
03-03-2010, 9:02 AM
You need to find a 1.5mm standard flat. I'm not sure they exist. Or use shims. I'm also not sure they exist either.

More info.
http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=261310

OffGrid
03-03-2010, 4:36 PM
If your friend doesn’t mind running it through an FFL have him contact Elk River Tool. They have a 1.6mm receiver that works great for a MAK90 re-build. He will just have to drill out the trunnion rivet holes.

I just finished a build on one a bout a week ago. When I get it painted I will post up some pictures.