PDA

View Full Version : Oddly colored 9mm luger rounds.

garuda7
03-02-2010, 8:43 PM
I wish I could upload photos but I lost the cable that plugs my phone into my computer, so I hope I can make do with just a description. So currently my favorite FMJ ammo in 9mm is Speer Lawman TMJ. I ordered another 600 rounds online and just got my shipment in today, but when I opened the boxes to inspect the ammo, one of the 12 boxes had 9mm ammo with really oddly colored casings. 11 of the 12 boxes have your standard dull brass, gold colored casings with a copper jacketed bullet, but this one particular box has bright copper colored casings. The bullet and the case are practically uniform in color like a brand new, shiny penny. What's up? I'm pretty sure this isn't normal because of the thousands of 9mm rounds I've fired, I've never seen a single round like those found in this box of 50. Any insight on this? Ok to shoot or should I call the manufacturer?

Mstrty
03-02-2010, 8:45 PM
Those rounds are obviously defective you should ship them to me instantly for proper disposal.

unusedusername
03-02-2010, 8:54 PM
I donno if there is an issue with your ammo, but even if you do call the manufacturer all they will do is ask you to send them a picture...

You might as well find a way to post a picture :)

redhemi
03-03-2010, 8:14 AM
If you can send text or pics from your phone put your E-mail address in as the contact and send the pic to your computer thats the way I do it. Redhemi

sigfan91
03-03-2010, 9:18 AM
Those sound like "copper washed" rounds that I have seen from the former Warsaw Pact stock. I have never seen Speer ammo in copper wash treatment. Test them to see if they are steel.

garuda7
03-03-2010, 3:51 PM
Those sound like "copper washed" rounds that I have seen from the former Warsaw Pact stock. I have never seen Speer ammo in copper wash treatment. Test them to see if they are steel.

just magnet tested them. they aren't steel.

Ultimate
03-03-2010, 4:43 PM
:useless: