PDA

View Full Version : Questions about San Berdo

jermedic
03-02-2010, 6:26 PM
I have my interview scheduled for the 19th of this month. I was wondering if some of you who have been thru the process could answer a few ?'s for me.

I am finishing up my paperwork and on the employment section I don't have exact dates for a few of my employers from 5-10 years ago and 2 of them have since closed up. I have a rough guess of the months I worked at some of them, but no way to check if I am correct. Is that going to be an issue or should I just put down the months as best as I can recall?

Second question is about the ragne class and qualifying. Is anyone signed up for the range in March or April. Just wondering if anyone might have a date for upcoming classes. Also what distances/targets do they use to qualify on?

Thanks in advance!!
Jeremy

~Scott~
03-02-2010, 6:32 PM
I listed approximate dates for past employers.

In the range class, we shot from five yards at a life sized silhouette target.

jermedic
03-02-2010, 6:41 PM
Thanks for the info Scott!! I figured I would just put the dates as best as I can and mention to my BI at my interview that the dates were approx as best as I can remember.

Knauga
03-02-2010, 10:33 PM
Fill in the info as best you can. They don't really expect you to remember the info from the time you worked at McDonalds 22 years ago ;)

When I had my class, it was 10 rounds with a reload at 5 yards, unscored. They just watched to make sure you weren't dangerous with your gun, finger off the trigger, not muzzle sweeping anybody etc.

BlkWgn
04-19-2010, 11:16 AM
I am looking into applying in San Bernardino County, and have a few questions.

How long did the entire process take?

Who did you contact to start the application process (anyone specific other then just the main office)

are they able to mail you the application, or do you need to pick it up in person

Any other advice that may help

Thanks

Knauga
04-19-2010, 11:50 AM
Being in San Antonio Hts, you just need to go to the Sheriff's Dept headquarters Employee Services Division:

Employee Resources Division
655 East Third Street
San Bernardino, California 92415
(909) 387-3750

and pick up an application. The whole process will take you 3-6 months, from what I understand they are moving much more quickly these days.

Now if you aren't in the actual county area (San Antonio Hts) but in the city of Upland, you'll have to apply there first, receive a denial letter and then pick up the app from the county. You do need to pick it up in person.

BlkWgn
04-19-2010, 1:36 PM
Thank you for the information. I am actually in San Antonio Heights (county) not in upland. That is much quicker then I expected it to be. I am just hoping my justification will be good enough.

Cris

jermedic
04-19-2010, 10:52 PM
Here is my timeline so far. Called for an interview and got one 3 weeks later. Got lucky and the range class was scheduled for 2 weeks after my interview. I did the range class on the 20th last month and they just called today to let me know that my DOJ background just came back today and they had a few loose ends to tie up. Also when I turned in my good cause letter my investigator read it then asked my to just write "personal protection" on my packet so you shouldn't have a hard time there.