PDA

View Full Version : XDMs not going to be sold in California

KevMorris
03-02-2010, 12:27 PM
Maybe this is old news, but I contacted Springfield Armory's sales department and asked them if the XDM will be sold in California.

I received the following response:

"Unfortunately, the XD(m) will not be submitted for California approval.

It does not have a magazine disconnect as required by the California DOJ, nor is the loaded chamber indicator California approved.

Thank you for your interest in Springfield!

Enjoy the day!

Trisha

Customer Service Representative"

Shawn L
03-02-2010, 12:29 PM
All these stupid Ca rules are BS.

Scratch705
03-02-2010, 12:30 PM
known since release of the XDm, since one of the advantages of th XDm over the XD is increased mag capacity. but good to repost info in case other newcomers don't know.

tbhracing
03-02-2010, 1:28 PM
Knew that was coming. The M stands for "mega" and there are no mega magazine capacities here.

evidens83
03-02-2010, 1:31 PM
Never expected it to. Oh well.

Blackhawk556
03-02-2010, 1:33 PM
yes, very old new

but true good for all the new people that are and will join CG in the near future

once the list goes down i'm getting one :)
you might want to update the thread title so that others on here that are rude won't drill you

xxdabroxx
03-02-2010, 1:41 PM
Yep, missing a few "safety" features.

Blackhawk556
03-02-2010, 1:46 PM
Yep, missing a few "safety" features.

yes, i love that our senator Diane is looking out for us. She is great

seriously, what other citizens in the country can say that their senator is protecting their life????:chris:

calnurse
03-02-2010, 1:58 PM
Knew that was coming. The M stands for "mega" and there are no mega magazine capacities here.

It should mean "moron" for our elected officials :mad:

darksands
03-02-2010, 4:07 PM
I thought the M stood for Match... It is available to LE...

Greg-Dawg
03-02-2010, 4:13 PM
Can't have anything fun in CA.

The Roster needs to be thrown out the window.

oversteerdawg
03-02-2010, 4:14 PM
I don't get the magazine disconnect and loaded chamber indicator parts. My Sig P220 has neither. Can someone explain this part of the rule?

JBird33
03-02-2010, 4:16 PM
I don't get the magazine disconnect and loaded chamber indicator parts. My Sig P220 has neither. Can someone explain this part of the rule?

They are newer rules, and weapons that made the roster prior to those laws being in place can stay on the roster as long as the manufacturer keeps paying the renewal fees.

Ducman
03-02-2010, 5:52 PM
Can't have anything fun in CA.

The Roster needs to be thrown out the window.

Two weeks !!!

Greg-Dawg
03-02-2010, 6:22 PM
Two weeks !!!

Two weeks to live?

Colt-45
03-03-2010, 12:16 AM
That damn gun roster needs die.... NOW!!

There's a lot of gun laws in this state that I hate but none more than the stupid roster. The roster basically bans from retail sale ALL guns not listed, what it does is restrict guns tell us the ones we can ONLY have, they could care less about our safety. Hell they probably want us to shoot ourselves and be unsafe so they can pass more legislation.

Oh and all that magazine disconnect does is give your gun another point of possible malfunction.

Artery
03-03-2010, 12:39 AM
... Hell they probably want us to shoot ourselves and be unsafe so they can pass more legislation.

My knee-jerk reaction was to say "no, theyre not that evil!" but then I thought about it and uh, youre probably right.

socalshooting
03-03-2010, 4:44 AM
They are newer rules, and weapons that made the roster prior to those laws being in place can stay on the roster as long as the manufacturer keeps paying the renewal fees.

Isn't this racketeering or something? Seems like the "safety features" aren't the concern here. They're only concerned if they're getting their cut or not. Hmmm.....kinda like what drug dealing middlemen do. Hurts the consumer and the supplier.

Colt-45
03-03-2010, 11:53 AM
Isn't this racketeering or something? Seems like the "safety features" aren't the concern here. They're only concerned if they're getting their cut or not. Hmmm.....kinda like what drug dealing middlemen do. Hurts the consumer and the supplier.

A very good example is the XD 45 and the XD 45 with thumb safety. The regular XD is on the list but the XD 45 with thumb safety, which in theory is even safer, is not on the list and therefore interpreted as unsafe by the state. Makes no sense......................:rolleyes:

That's when I realized the list was total B.S. . The goal of the list is to give us a certain number of guns WE CAN buy and ban the rest.

xxdabroxx
03-03-2010, 11:57 AM
or the bi-tone model, see Pena (http://wiki.calgunsfoundation.org/index.php/Pena_v_Cid)

From Pena:
Plaintiff Doņa Croston has sought to purchase a Springfield Armory XD-45
Tactical 5" Bi-Tone stainless steel/black handgun in .45 ACP, model number XD9623, and has
identified a willing seller who stands ready to deliver said handgun to Plaintiff, but Plaintiff
cannot purchase and take possession of that handgun as that handgun is not, cannot, and will not
be placed on the California Handgun Roster by Defendant.
46. Other models of this identical gun – but in different colors – are listed on the
handgun roster and are thus available to Ms. Croston: the XD-45 Tactical 5" .45 ACP
in black (model XD9621), the XD-45 Tactical 5" .45 ACP in OD Green (model XD9622), and
the XD-45 Tactical 5" .45 ACP in Dark Earth (XD9162).

silaic7
03-03-2010, 11:58 AM
that roster is absolutely nonsense, that's why I'm keeping my fingers crossed for the Pena Vs Cid Case and that roster will be history. With the Mcdonalds case almost on the victory lane that Pena Vs Cid might be rallying up.

Colt-45
03-03-2010, 12:13 PM
or the bi-tone model, see Pena (http://wiki.calgunsfoundation.org/index.php/Pena_v_Cid)

Yea man I guess bi-tone is much more dangerous than the black one too.:rolleyes:

I really hope that roster just dies....

silaic7
03-03-2010, 12:19 PM
Yea man I guess bi-tone is much more dangerous than the black one too.:rolleyes:

I really hope that roster just dies....

because bi-tone can reflect the sun's magnetic ray which could result of gamma ray being release out of the atmosphere that could be dangerous to the environment. :eek:

XDM is the first hand gun I will buy if that roster dropped dead from the face of the earth.

Colt-45
03-03-2010, 12:22 PM
because bi-tone can reflect the sun's magnetic ray which could result of gamma ray being release out of the atmosphere that could be dangerous to the environment. :eek:

XDM is the first hand gun I will buy if that roster dropped dead from the face of the earth.

Dangerous to the environment and your attacker haha, what if you hurt him!!?

The first handguns I'll buy when that roster dies or when I move out of state will be an XD 45 bi-tone with thumb safety, FNP 45 USG and a Colt Custom 38 super in shiny stainless finish ;)

inbox485
03-06-2010, 2:17 PM
what good is XDm if it isn't an XDm 45?