PDA

View Full Version : Barsto vs EFK

silaic7
03-02-2010, 9:53 AM
1. What is the best conversion barrel for XD 40 service? Any experience.
2. "semi drop in" does it mean no gun smithing required?
3. Can I still use the XD 40 mags for 9mm if I use the conversion barrel

Any XD fans?

XDseb
03-02-2010, 10:32 AM
I LOVE my XD-40, it is my first, and still only handgun (but not for long). Just reached and passed my 1,000 round mark without a single issue. At the same time, .40 cal costs a little more than 9mm, so I am also interested in anyone with first hand experience with the 9mm conversion. From the brief research I've done, Barsto is better than EFK, and everyone recommends using 9mm mags, or bending in the feed lips a tad on the .40 mags.

silaic7
03-02-2010, 12:26 PM
yup I'm also leaning towards barsto based on what I've read on the internet but would like to hear a first hand experience here from fellow calgunners.

KRS Juan
03-02-2010, 3:02 PM
I have the EFK 9mm for my XD 40 and love it. Very accurate and no smithing was required. I bought a 3 pack of XD9 mags since i didnt want to mess with my .40 mags

KRS Juan

BamBam-31
03-02-2010, 5:09 PM
Honestly, the stock XD barrel is super-accurate as is. If I put a gunsmith-fit Barsto barrel in an XD and then put that gun in an average shooter's hands, there's a VERY good chance that shooter will see very little to no accuracy benefit over the stock barrel in terms of group size.

That said, as far as aftermarket barrels go, Barsto's tops. If I ever re-barrel one of my pistols, I'm sending it in to have it done. "Semi-drop in" means it's a little tighter than OEM, but it's still not gunsmith-fit. The latter is best, where the barrel is so oversized it will not work at all in you gun w/o proper fitting. More expensive, but if that's what you're after, then you gotta pay to play.

silaic7
03-03-2010, 6:50 AM
I have the EFK 9mm for my XD 40 and love it. Very accurate and no smithing was required. I bought a 3 pack of XD9 mags since i didnt want to mess with my .40 mags

KRS Juan

do you have to change the springs?

KRS Juan
03-03-2010, 11:06 AM
I did not have to change the spring. My XD is 100% stock with no modifications other than the EFK.

KRS Juan