PDA

View Full Version : Can you guys help me out? *dating*

zcrehan
03-02-2010, 10:12 AM
I met a girl I really wanna hold on to. I don't have many good ideas for free/cheap dates... I was just wondering if you guys have anything that sticks out in yer mind as an awesome but cheap date? Thanks a lot ladies.

Below is a copy of my post on the off topic board.

Right now money is tight... I haven't been on a ton of dates and I'm pretty lost as to what I can do here.

Please help me out with some creative but free/cheap ideas! because of scheduling we mostly do after dinner dates. I think that is throwing me off a bit as well... Free and cheap is pretty easy when it's sunny out.

I'm sure I'm just not thinking creatively enough, but this girl just trashes my ability to think properly. I am WAY too concerned with impressing her. I had to dial my **** back a little bit.

aplinker
03-02-2010, 3:33 PM
I'm not a chick, but...

one of the best ones I can think of is to head up somewhere with a good view, bottle of wine, and a big blanket. Always worked for me. (the ridge road between Mt Baldy and the San Gabriel River is a good choice).

OliveCookieMonsta
03-02-2010, 3:58 PM
Star gazing at night... Instead of buying food, make something for her... Don't forget the hot chocolate for dessert. It's cold so don't forget to bring her a blanket, bring two so as not to make an assumption ; ) have fun!

Catheaven
03-02-2010, 4:05 PM
Might sound corny but my husband and I had coffee and played a board game the other night.

I've seen people out at Starbucks late at night having coffee and playing cards.

I also always love going to a local bar where either a live band is playing or a good dj is playing. Most of the time if there is a cover it isn't too bad and depending on what you/she drinks could be a decent night out.

I check yelp out sometimes for local events going on which some of the times are pretty expensive. Look for specials at places on certain nights of the week. We just recently went to the sf aqaurium for half the price b/c of the special they run every thurs nite.

Good luck

Steyrlp10
03-02-2010, 4:49 PM
Is this girl an animal/dog person? On the same topic of doing something "outside," take a hike/stroll with her and the dog. She'd probably see it as being very thoughtful of you if you threw together a picnic meal.

IMHO, she's a quality person if she is understanding of your financial situation and goes dutch with you. If she demands primo outings every time and is inflexible, well, then that's another thing to consider.

For me, going fishing and just hanging out with my guy is low cost and low stress.

center_x
03-02-2010, 10:00 PM
I love it. Very smart of you to get the chicks opinion. I still think you should take her to the nearest wally world to go people watching and possibly star watching afterwards.

But honestly, if your too concerned about impressing her, you could possibly ruin the night, mood, etc. Just keep your head straight and dont stress out, and the night will go just fine.

Fot
03-02-2010, 10:06 PM
edit it out for my poor taste in jokes

zcrehan
03-03-2010, 10:18 AM
From Sunday to Tuesday afternoon this girl had me off my game BAD. You know when you cant get someone off your mind? Bad news.

Anyway, took her to a nice outdoor mall went shopping and people watching... I don't think I would do that particular plan again, it just didn't feel right to me. We both had a great time, just not quite the right scene :) . It's kind of difficult to make something magical out of a Tuesday night I must say...

Anyway.

That's great advice center. I'm glad I figured out that I was trying a little too hard before that date. I have to remember to let things come naturally...

So far, I'm happy(actually I am very happy) with the results, just a bit frustrated at the situation. Silver lining; she has inspired me to work harder and want better things... Not in a materialistic sense.

IronColt
03-04-2010, 2:36 PM
found out what she's into and go from there. Take her to a shooting range and fire off some 22's would be a cheap date. j/k

imtheomegaman
03-04-2010, 3:24 PM
z are you a student?

zcrehan
03-04-2010, 8:52 PM
I sure am.

Electricboy
03-04-2010, 10:52 PM
walk the beach and listen to the waves, take two blankets- one to sit on and one for her....... of course i don't know if you are near the beach

nrvnqsrxk
03-04-2010, 11:04 PM
Oneitis? Dangerous for single males ;D

Since I'm a student like you, I've found that asking her to hang out with you is a simple and great idea. Hang out at each other's houses/apts/dorms and just talk, find out what kind of girl she is, what her interests are, etc. Then switch venues. Go grab something to eat. Flirt, and watch how she responds. Apply kino and again watch how she responds. Do this sparingly, and throughout conversation to gauge how comfortable she is to you. Suggest a movie to watch (blu-ray on PS3 is best), and if you've done your homework, move in for the kill.

Walks on the beach are always nice. Cooking dinner at your place is nice. (don't have to go anywhere lol) Going to a cooking class can be fun. Yoga? I've heard that's fun, especially if you suck and can get her to giggle at your fail.

OutlawDon
03-04-2010, 11:18 PM
Cook something nice and simple. Get some firewood if you have a fireplace. Get a bottle of wine. Play some good music. Have great conversations.

Trust me, if she likes you, this works.

2Cute2Shoot
03-10-2010, 10:34 AM
I guess it all depends on how she feels about you and what stage of the relationship you are in. Stargazing and sitting on blankets are OK if she really likes you and you are to that point. But don't jump ahead if you're not and assume that she would be into this. I am NOT materialistic, but when I first start dating a guy, I feel a lot more comfortable doing the traditional things - dinner, movies, going to events together. I don't expect him to spend a lot on me by any means, but I think lots of girls would think "if he doesn't even have money to take me out to lunch, maybe he's not really ready for a girlfriend". Sorry, but I wanted to give you the honest truth :o

PatriotnMore
03-10-2010, 10:37 AM
Good advice, you need some buy signals before you take things to the romantic.

I guess it all depends on how she feels about you and what stage of the relationship you are in. Stargazing and sitting on blankets are OK if she really likes you and you are to that point. But don't jump ahead if you're not and assume that she would be into this. I am NOT materialistic, but when I first start dating a guy, I feel a lot more comfortable doing the traditional things - dinner, movies, going to events together. I don't expect him to spend a lot on me by any means, but I think lots of girls would think "if he doesn't even have money to take me out to lunch, maybe he's not really ready for a girlfriend". Sorry, but I wanted to give you the honest truth :o

zcrehan
03-11-2010, 8:36 PM
Hey, sick burn! Haha, just kidding.

Really, I feel the same way... I mean to me, it would be difficult to like a broke *** like myself, even if it is only temporary... That being said... Our chemistry is -amazing- and if she isn't going to stress it right now then I'm not going to mess things up by worrying about it too much.

To be perfectly honest, I am handling this much better now that I've taken a step back and just got back to being myself.

I don't know if any of you have been in the kind of situation where you just, almost instantly - seemingly too fast to be real, felt like you had that... deeper connection I guess? Shoot I don't know where I'm going with this... I don't know where this is going to end up but I am damn pleased to be on this ride. This girl knocked my socks off.

jd1911
03-11-2010, 9:03 PM
+1 on cooking her dinner. Just find out if she's a vegetarian or something like that first. Learn how to cook too, don't just make some out of the box stuff like macaroni and cheese. I have cooked for all my past girlfriends, because I know how, and they all seemed to enjoy it. They always enjoyed helping prepare the meal as well.
+1 on the shooting range as well. Get a box of .22lr and teach her how to shoot. She will see how knowledgeable you are when you explain how the firearm works and answer all of her questions, then you can teach her the proper stance by getting behind her. Unless she hates guns.
I feel you, I'm in grad school and going out is way too expensive, but you spend like 30 bucks at Trader Joe's for the materials and put a little effort into it, it is much appreciated. Better than 60 bucks at a restaurant.
Man you should see if you can get a wine and cheese guide on the internet, I actually took a class on how to pair the two,but I am sure the info is out there. Ain't nothing like a good paired wine and cheese that compliment each other at a park on a blanket, at your homemade dinner or for dessert. You'd be surprised at some of the wine you can get on a budget.

pigman
03-12-2010, 9:40 AM
-never cook for a woman, they she will expect it later on

shooting is fun

ignore her alot, makes them more interested in you

trust me, proven techiques by many A-holes get more chicks then the nice guy, reason is simple, they dont care :)

PatriotnMore
03-12-2010, 9:50 AM
-never cook for a woman, they she will expect it later on

shooting is fun

ignore her alot, makes them more interested in you

trust me, proven techiques by many A-holes get more chicks then the nice guy, reason is simple, they dont care :)

There is some truth to that but, I like the way the group .38 special put it in one of their songs. "Hold on loosely, but don't let go, if you cling to tightly, you're going to loose control."

Leaving them wanting more, is much different than being an A-hole. If you've got game, they will want more.

imtheomegaman
03-12-2010, 9:57 AM
Focus on school. Relationships will come and go.

2Cute2Shoot
03-12-2010, 10:44 AM

I agree! There are so many things in life. If it's meant to be between you and this girl, it will happen, regardless of if you have money or not. If she really enjoys just spending time together with you, then the expensive dates will happen later when you both have money. But think about school first!

tortoisethunder
03-12-2010, 10:58 AM
Go for a walk somewhere interesting and safe. Go to where alot of people are like a mall or somewhere where you can window shop. Ask her questions then LISTEN to her.

Open doors, buy here a coffee or drink, listen, laugh, and END the date early. Let her want more, don't let the date drag on. Don't let her think you want anything except her company for a couple hours. Also, don't cross that..."you are a friend" line. Make sure you let her know you want to date her, get to know her, not JUST a friend.

Do not answer you cell phone or text anyone! Give her your attention. If she also does not take a call or text...things are going well.

Do not try to kiss her, give her a nice hug and plan something later.

Good Luck...you are young and most likely THIS will not be your LAST first date!

2Cute2Shoot
03-12-2010, 11:00 AM
I would be weirded out if a guy asked me out, and it was just for a walk. I think walks have to happen spontaneously! That's the only way they're romantic!

microwaveguy
03-13-2010, 9:39 PM
Well I'll preface this with the last time I dated was the mid 80's so I am officially an "old guy" and more than likely old enough to be a parent to some of you :eek: Find out if she likes to hike , bike , shoot , boat , music , garage sale , race cars, fly , read ,knit , dogs , cats ...........I think you get the picture . Just find out what she likes and try to work something out that SHE likes without costing you a lot of $$$. Try that a few times and then toss in something that you like and see what happens......like she may really like doing a CMP high power match!

xxdabroxx
03-15-2010, 11:16 AM
I would be weirded out if a guy asked me out, and it was just for a walk. I think walks have to happen spontaneously! That's the only way they're romantic!

if he is good, you would think it is spontaneous. :43: Even if it was planned well in advance.

Ladyliss
03-15-2010, 11:59 AM
When my husband and I were dating, we did things that weren't typical dates. We'd bring a board game and go grab a table at a coffee shop, sit and play strategy games for hours.
Cook dinner together, not fancy, just wholesome food. Take a drive to sightsee in another town.
All this stuff is cheap if you plan ahead and pack some meals when you are out. It gives you time to get to know each other while enjoying life.
It worked great for us. I hope this helps.

2Cute2Shoot
03-15-2010, 4:17 PM
if he is good, you would think it is spontaneous. :43: Even if it was planned well in advance.

WOoOOOooOoo. Well excuuuse me!:rolleyes: I didn't know the guys at calguns were so....smoothe!:rofl:

socalshooting
03-15-2010, 4:44 PM

If he's not...he would be a creep/stalker/perv, even though they both had the same exact goal.

zcrehan
03-15-2010, 6:19 PM
You guys and gals are crackin' me up!

I hope ya'll don't think I'm in as bad a shape as some of your suggestions would imply... I guess I did leave myself open for it...

Anyway, so far things are going great between us. Also I'm doing good in school, thanks for asking. :)

We seem to mesh really well and no matter what we end up doing together we end up having a great time!
_____

About the 'ignore her' thing... well I am very familiar with the principle of least interest technique... I am not interested in using that on this girl. I have done it before and I wont lie, it does work. There's just something about this girl, I don't want to cheapen this with tactics like that. I'm not 'clingy' but I would be lying if I said I didn't want to be with her all the freakin time.

Weird - but I like it. <object width="500" height="405"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/iMBDYOVYZRQ&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0&color1=0x5d1719&color2=0xcd311b&border=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/iMBDYOVYZRQ&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0&color1=0x5d1719&color2=0xcd311b&border=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="500" height="405"></embed></object>

five.five-six
03-15-2010, 6:34 PM
you are in a tough spot... I don't have much for you, but whatever you do, don't take any advice from Neil McCauley

just don't let her know how into her you are, clingy makes chicks bolt quick

diginit
03-15-2010, 7:49 PM
Either play it by ear or take her hot tubbing and get something going. That way at least you know where you stand, And she will know you are interested in more than just friendship. Don't make the mistake of waiting too long to make a move. Nice guys finish last. FACT.

You could always sell a gun. Then causually let her know you sold your favorite so you and her could go have some fun together. I'd sell mine for a good woman. I can always buy another gun....

five.five-six
03-15-2010, 8:09 PM
ehh, but you got to pay drose and wait 10 days again, chicks are much easier to cum by

I say just randomly stick your tong in her mouth... either you get laid or you kick rocks, either way you don't spend 3 semesters chasing that tail around

Redlinegts
03-19-2010, 3:36 AM
ehh, but you got to pay drose and wait 10 days again, chicks are much easier to cum by

I say just randomly stick your tong in her mouth... either you get laid or you kick rocks, either way you don't spend 3 semesters chasing that tail around

Are you a 12 year old kid going through puberty right now?

Steyrlp10
03-19-2010, 11:35 AM

Please, let's keep the comments appropriate on here.

thomashoward
03-19-2010, 1:01 PM
I met a girl I really wanna hold on to. I don't have many good ideas for free/cheap dates... I was just wondering if you guys have anything that sticks out in yer mind as an awesome but cheap date? Thanks a lot ladies.

I'm a guy that's been married for 40 years. When my wife and I were dating during the other recession there was not much money either. We used to play cards, Rummy, Yahtzee and talk, over a bottle of wine.
women like to talk

2Cute2Shoot
03-19-2010, 2:31 PM
You could always sell a gun. Then causually let her know you sold your favorite so you and her could go have some fun together. I'd sell mine for a good woman. I can always buy another gun....

No, no, no, no, no! As a girl, I would have NO respect for a guy who sold a gun to get $$$ for a date with me! If shooting is really important to you, then don't do this just so you can spend money on her. You won't last with any girl who would be happy about this anyway. I wouldn't have respect for a guy who compromised the things he loved just to cater to me. Those are the 'play toy' type guys that heartless girls take advantage of..not the ones we good girls take seriously :)

diginit
03-19-2010, 7:57 PM
No, no, no, no, no! As a girl, I would have NO respect for a guy who sold a gun to get $$$ for a date with me! If shooting is really important to you, then don't do this just so you can spend money on her. You won't last with any girl who would be happy about this anyway. I wouldn't have respect for a guy who compromised the things he loved just to cater to me. Those are the 'play toy' type guys that heartless girls take advantage of..not the ones we good girls take seriously :)

Play toys? NOT. If I sold something I love to be with someone I love, Which do you think I loved more? DUH. I'd sell everything I own if that is what it would take to spend time with the woman I love. Because I loved her more than simple objects. If you wouldn't take that seriously, That would be your loss. A man like that would do anything for you. But if a woman is just playing, I'd dump her in a hot second. Men aren't stupid either...

skscj
03-19-2010, 8:17 PM
Yeah. Were not stupid:)

2Cute2Shoot
03-19-2010, 8:21 PM
Play toys? NOT. If I sold something I love to be with someone I love, Which do you think I loved more? DUH. I'd sell everything I own if that is what it would take to spend time with the woman I love. Because I loved her more than simple objects. If you wouldn't take that seriously, That would be your loss. A man like that would do anything for you. But if a woman is just playing, I'd dump her in a hot second. Men aren't stupid either...

Why don't you pay attention to the thread Diginit:mad: :mad: Zcrehan is talking about a girl he just met, not an old love. Don't flame me for actually READING and replying to the point being discussed! And by the way, if you're willing to sell everything that's important to you so you can take a girl on dates, I just don't agree with those values.

So why don't you change your signature line which encourages illegal activity and actually read threads before you get nasty towards people.

NorCalMama
03-19-2010, 8:51 PM

Are you kidding?! If I was still dating, and a guy was willing to sell a gun to have money to spend on me, that would be one of the SWEETEST things he could do!! That is NOT a "play toy" type of guy, that is a guy who cares about his girlfriend.

diginit
03-19-2010, 10:42 PM
Why don't you pay attention to the thread Diginit:mad: :mad: Zcrehan is talking about a girl he just met, not an old love. Don't flame me for actually READING and replying to the point being discussed! And by the way, if you're willing to sell everything that's important to you so you can take a girl on dates, I just don't agree with those values.

So why don't you change your signature line which encourages illegal activity and actually read threads before you get nasty towards people.

I read the entire thread. You need to reread my signiture line. I do NOT encourage illegal activity. It will be at the bottom of this post! How the hell did you misconscrew my signature? Are you blonde?
Just ask any of my 22 girlfriends, (Not counting the week longs or one nighters) how I really am... I'm 48. You? Any real experience? You sound really young. Need a few years under your belt...:rolleyes:
You would rather be second behind a posession? Example: "I love my truck, But I like my girlfriend." "I don't care if my woman eats, as long as I can buy ammo...."
What difference does it make if he just met her or knew her for years? He likes her. Period. This guy wants to make a good impression. And he knows being broke in not a good one. As for your values, I'm curious. What are they??? Really....I would die for my woman. You want a man who runs away and leaves you to your captures? Think about it, good girl.

Sorry to krap on your thread Zcrehan. But Jeezeuschrist....

diginit
03-19-2010, 11:08 PM
Zcrehan. Let her know you care about her and her feelings. Find out what she likes and go from there. But don't push her into doing things she doesn't like.
Friendship in the most important thing. If you really get along, Things will naturally fall into place, If not, you will find a compatible lady in the future. But you have still made another friend. You can't complain about that...

The Fugitive
03-20-2010, 12:17 AM
I used to play boardgames and had movies on the background. If you don't have netflix, get it. Does she like video games. My g/f and I play video games. I'm about to teach her how to play Grand theft auto 4 on PC. It's not going to be easy but she was willing to try it. She only plays the Xbox, so I ask her if I bought another computer if she would want to learn how to play online with me. I know it might be difficult to get two computers but maybe you can play on xbox or something. my internet bill is only like 35 bucks, and the netflix is like 15 I think. For 50 or 60 bucks a month, we save a lot by going out less. Just a thought. And don't worry about impressing her. If you want to show you care, just pay attention to little details, lets say if she saw a preview of alice and the wonderland. Pay attention when it comes out and get tickets for it and try to see when you'll see her again, plan it out. you don't have to do it all the time but if surprise her sometimes, that will show how you care. This year, i'm going to try to get tickets for dancing with the stars, my g/f likes watching it. tickets are free I believe. Does she watch that? give that a try.

The last thing we watched was Veronica Mars. Good show, too bad it got canceled. but there's 3 seasons on dvd, should last you guys a long time if your on a budget. ;) GL

OliveCookieMonsta
03-20-2010, 12:29 AM
If she's really worth it... U, anywhere next to her would be impression enough... Just find somewhere quiet and beautiful, make her comfortable and get to know her... Ur time, is the most valuable thing u can give... If she is worth it, she will c wat a prize u r... Without any glitz and glam money can buy. ; )

2Cute2Shoot
03-20-2010, 7:54 AM

Right now money is tight... I haven't been on a ton of dates and I'm pretty lost as to what I can do here.

Please help me out with some creative but free/cheap ideas! because of scheduling we mostly do after dinner dates. I think that is throwing me off a bit as well... Free and cheap is pretty easy when it's sunny out.

I'm sure I'm just not thinking creatively enough, but this girl just trashes my ability to think properly. I am WAY too concerned with impressing her. I had to dial my **** back a little bit.

Hi Zcrehan - A lot of people are flaming me for the advice I gave you so I think I better make it more clear - you seem like such a sweet guy and I don't want to 'mis' lead you!

If this girl is your love, or your girl...if you you feel like she's the one and she has that special place in your heart, then I think you should spend anything it takes to make her happy, and I think you will be happy in return for doing it :). For that 'right' girl, I would think you were sweet to sell anything and everything you have, and I hope & know that if it is right, she would do the same thing for you.

My advice is because it sounds to me like you just met her and you want to impress her. I don't want you to get hurt Zcrehan, and I don't want you to trade in all the things you love to try and impress this girl with materialistic things. I don't want you to be hurt if things don't work out. As Norcal Mamma said, if she is 'your woman', then it would be very romantic of you to sell a gun to take her someplace special or buy her something you know would be important to her. But I tried to give you advice from my heart. I personally am one to take things slowly. I don't want you to have a broken heart, and if you just met this girl, I think you two should learn to know and care about eachother for who you are - as people and financially.

I would be so proud to date a guy who was a student who was working towards a future. If she really likes you, the two of you will have a magical time no matter what you do. You don't need $500 or $1,000 to take her to an expensive dinner or the opera or anything. That is all that I meant. I was never saying that you should put her second to 'things' or that if she is your girl, you shouldn't do whatever it takes to make her happy.

So I hope all the people who think I'm stupid can understand where I'm coming from. And Zcrehan, I hope you had your date last night, or maybe tonight, and I hope it only cost what you could afford to spend, and I hope that she was a wonderful enough girl to enjoy spending time with you and not expect lots of money being spent on her to make it a magical time :)

NorCalMama
03-20-2010, 9:27 AM
Hi Zcrehan - A lot of people are flaming me for the advice I gave you so I think I better make it more clear - you seem like such a sweet guy and I don't want to 'mis' lead you!

If this girl is your love, or your girl...if you you feel like she's the one and she has that special place in your heart, then I think you should spend anything it takes to make her happy, and I think you will be happy in return for doing it :). For that 'right' girl, I would think you were sweet to sell anything and everything you have, and I hope & know that if it is right, she would do the same thing for you.

My advice is because it sounds to me like you just met her and you want to impress her. I don't want you to get hurt Zcrehan, and I don't want you to trade in all the things you love to try and impress this girl with materialistic things. I don't want you to be hurt if things don't work out. As Norcal Mamma said, if she is 'your woman', then it would be very romantic of you to sell a gun to take her someplace special or buy her something you know would be important to her. But I tried to give you advice from my heart. I personally am one to take things slowly. I don't want you to have a broken heart, and if you just met this girl, I think you two should learn to know and care about eachother for who you are - as people and financially.

I would be so proud to date a guy who was a student who was working towards a future. If she really likes you, the two of you will have a magical time no matter what you do. You don't need $500 or $1,000 to take her to an expensive dinner or the opera or anything. That is all that I meant. I was never saying that you should put her second to 'things' or that if she is your girl, you shouldn't do whatever it takes to make her happy.

So I hope all the people who think I'm stupid can understand where I'm coming from. And Zcrehan, I hope you had your date last night, or maybe tonight, and I hope it only cost what you could afford to spend, and I hope that she was a wonderful enough girl to enjoy spending time with you and not expect lots of money being spent on her to make it a magical time :)

I'm sooo glad you posted this. Great clarification! :)

Chk Chk Boom
03-20-2010, 10:09 AM
So why don't you change your signature line which encourages illegal activity...

With women, usually I just smile and nod, but come on. Saying that is like me telling you to change your avatar because, well to take a quote from Diane Sawyer, it features "big, killer, weapons". :rolleyes: :confused:

j1133s
03-22-2010, 11:56 AM

Hey there, this thread was an entertaining read... and some of the ideas suggested... oh man, I hope you didnt follow thru... or if you did, please report back on the results.

I think it is universal understanding that moives is the inexpensive date that is not considered cheap. I think only 1 person suggetsed it in this thread throught... After movies, if its downtown, there's icecream and things. Ok, my dating days were many years ago from my high school and university days... but it might work for you since I was dirt poor student back then.

If you follow some o the advise here, I'd not be surprised if she takes out a restraining order against you :)

AJAX22
03-22-2010, 12:56 PM
When I was dating my wife I would sell a gun before she came out to visit, or I would go over to visit her... I was flat broke for much of the time we were dating and I didn't have any other way to raise cash quickly....

To pay for her engagement ring I sold my cafe racer motorcycle.

center_x
03-23-2010, 4:02 PM
From Sunday to Tuesday afternoon this girl had me off my game BAD. You know when you cant get someone off your mind? Bad news.

Anyway, took her to a nice outdoor mall went shopping and people watching... I don't think I would do that particular plan again, it just didn't feel right to me. We both had a great time, just not quite the right scene :) . It's kind of difficult to make something magical out of a Tuesday night I must say...

Anyway.

That's great advice center. I'm glad I figured out that I was trying a little too hard before that date. I have to remember to let things come naturally...

So far, I'm happy(actually I am very happy) with the results, just a bit frustrated at the situation. Silver lining; she has inspired me to work harder and want better things... Not in a materialistic sense.

Good to hear the night went well. Lets get this thread back on you. How is the new girl??? Does she still have you spinnin circles?? You guys "official" now or still dating. Hope all is well.

zcrehan
03-24-2010, 7:28 PM
Wow, this thread went somewhere! haha.

Okay, so let me clarify some things. I can see how I come off as a lost puppy here... luckily that's not quite the whole picture :)

We've been on a bunch of dates since I first made this post. I calmed down pretty quick... Never had that head over heels feeling before, glad I did though.

We're uh, pretty enamored with each other at this point, super happy that's a mutual thing... We have a tiny bit of history together, high school, but never got to know one another well till right before I made this post.

I've been finding ways to scrounge and do some cool things. Even if I'm broke an all that biz, she's clearly happy with me. In fact, I can say for certain that I'm much more stressed about $$ than she is. We seem to be able to have a great time together doing anything or nothing. In fact, I would have to say our best nights together have been on those "just hang out" nights... We like to hear each other talk I guess :rolleyes:

I'm super happy with where this is right now and where it might be going. Although, I am stressed about getting myself a job, my schedule this semester is just awful as far as hours go. I might start looking into night work, but I am worried my studying will pay too heavy a price. School is still my #1 priority.

So when is it the right time to take a girl shooting? She keeps bugging me about it and I do have about half a k of 9mm leftover from better times. That's my last range ammo though :eek:

center_x
03-25-2010, 10:39 AM
zcrehan - probs to you dude. Glad to hear things are going well for you two. Take her shooting!!! If she's asking about it, Im sure thats her way of hinting that she wants to go. Dont worry about the ammo....Im sure you can always buy more and if it makes her happy, its worth it.

Once again, good job!!!

Btown
03-25-2010, 10:48 AM

Are you for real? I didn't know there'd be chicks on Calguns. Is that you in your pic? And on top of that, a girl who doesn't want a guy to mortgage the whole house to make her happy. I say you gotta look out for #1, at least until you get that commitment. So many girls are out to play guys, and I ain't one for a broken hearts, or empty wallets. So yeah, when you two are taken that next step, then hell yeah, do whatever you gotta to make your woman happy. But don't go giving up everything else for a date...it ain't worth it.

Steyrlp10
03-25-2010, 12:44 PM
To the OP:

I'm happy to hear things are falling into a comfortable place for the two of you. I think you're lucky to have found a girl who is both nice and adventuresome.

Introduce her to Calguns :)

zcrehan
03-25-2010, 3:43 PM
So she can see this post? haha, no thanks.

SickofSoCal
03-25-2010, 3:48 PM
Camping trips.

zcrehan
03-25-2010, 7:13 PM
Oh and @2cute2shoot, thanks for the advice, it gives meaningful perspective to me. I understood what you meant from your first post.

I'm not in this to get hurt or let my guard down... I am a sweet guy but I don't have a problem with finding girls or playing "the game"... I guess I was just really surprised to find a girl I actually went head over heels for and I freaked a little bit :eek: What can I say?

Foriegn power
03-26-2010, 12:24 AM
^ Which college do you go to bud? My advice is, since I did not read every post do you honestly think she is into you? Let me put it this way, are you the "Hook" or the "Bait?" Meaning are you trying to put it in high school terms "Hitting on her," or is it mutual and you both are being interested in each other? In reality, money does not matter in the beginning of any relationship. And lastly, 2cute2shoot are you looking for an affair?:winkiss:

2Cute2Shoot
03-26-2010, 12:36 AM
^ Which college do you go to bud? My advice is, since I did not read every post do you honestly think she is into you? Let me put it this way, are you the "Hook" or the "Bait?" Meaning are you trying to put it in high school terms "Hitting on her," or is it mutual and you both are being interested in each other? In reality, money does not matter in the beginning of any relationship. And lastly, 2cute2shoot are you looking for an affair?:winkiss:

Drider, you are WAY off. 1st, at least read zchrehan's last post! I think they are IN LOVE :jump:

And she sounds like a wonderful girl who just wants to spend time with him and hear his voice. I totally approve! And what exactly did you mean by the affair comment?

SickofSoCal
03-26-2010, 12:46 AM

This is very, very, very, very, very, very, VERY, solid advice.

Unless you are in your last year of college, chances are that it will not work out. Don't get into any serious relationship until after college.

If you are man enough, you will come back on here in less than 90 days, and tell us how it all went to hell.

center_x
03-26-2010, 1:12 AM
Ha, there you go zcrehan...you and 2cute2shoot should hook up next.... Calguns.net is the new Fling.com....I like it

KALIDAWG8996
03-26-2010, 7:38 AM
dude.....the beach.....doesn't get any better or cheaper.

Steyrlp10
03-26-2010, 8:57 AM
So she can see this post? haha, no thanks.

Ah, now I understand why Calguns can't seem to get more female participation on here.

2Cute2Shoot
03-26-2010, 9:55 AM
Ah, now I understand why Calguns can't seem to get more female participation on here.

+1..

diginit
03-26-2010, 9:31 PM

Can't dissagree with that...
Hey 2Cute, nice explaination. Love is a krapshoot. Hope this guy rolls has loaded dice and rolls good numbers.
Hey zcrehan, Have you tried just getting her drunk? :chris: Just kidding,

My Bad...:o

Actually, A beach trip or a picnic with a good bottle of champagne, A nice quiet spot with a good view or serene senery, away from the BS of the real world. Can really bring you closer to a lasting friendship. It's hard to be lovers if you can't be friends...If it was meant to be, It will happen. So just roll with it. I think you can figure it out. Let us know how it works out. You know... Since you have our attention...ALL the details!

tacticalcity
03-31-2010, 4:48 PM
Its not about the money you spend, its about making sure she enjoys herself. So just be yourself, and take her someplace she doesn't go to all the time. Preferably some place she's never been. If she has a good time, she'll associate that good time to being with you, rather than the place itself. Or so the experts tell me (Sister and Mom).

The least expensive (and cheesiest) thing I ever did for a romantic weekend was make a phone conversation come to life with a couple rolls of white butcher paper and a box of magic markers.

I was a dirt poor enlisted guy living in the dorms. My starving student girlfriend (fairly early on in our relationship) and I both had a long weekend and wanted to spend it with each other, but neither of us had any money. The fact that we were both dirt poor was starting to become and issue since we both had lots of friends with money, and those rich frat boys had their eyes on her. She didn't really care about the money, its just the boating trips, ski trips, and other events they were constantly inviting her on sounded a lot more fun than the same old boring house parties or hanging out on the airbase playing drinking games with her boyfriends buddies yet again. I had to do something really unexpected if I was going to keep her interested. She was giving up a lot for me, though she would never admit it.

While talking about possible ideas for our 3-day weekend I asked her to describe what she would want to do if money were no object. She went into lots of detail. Pretty stereo typical stuff from walking on a private beach to making love in front of a fireplace, to the kind of wine and crepes she wanted to eat, even down to what she would be wearing. The more she talked, the more notes I took - without letting her know I was taking notes.

The next day I ran to the store and bought a bunch of rolls of white butcher paper, a box of magic markers, a white fitted bed sheet, and a bottle of wine. I stopped by IHOP for crepes, and Victoria Secret for the "what she would be wearing" part. Thanks to the military discount (available everywhere but Victoria's Secret) I spent maybe $150. When you consider most people spend at least $1000 on a 3-day romantic getaway, that's not bad.

My buddies and I spent the rest of the day removing all of the furniture from my dorm room, stapling the white butcher paper to walls and sketching out the various things she had described on the phone. She had her stone wall fireplace, private beach (with a sign that said Jill's Private Beach), and on and on. We plopped a mattress on the floor and drew a bear skin rug on it. Everyone got involved, include a couple people I didn't even know. The inside of my dorm room was transformed into a magical cartoon-like getaway.

That night when she showed up for our date, she was stunned. I thought she was either going to flat out laugh at me and run away, or ask me to marry her right there on the spot. Thankfully she just cried a little, hugged me so tight I could barely breathe and kissed me. We did not leave that room for three days. Despite everyone who helped out wanted to check in on us, we had a pretty good 3-Day weekend getaway...without actually going anywhere.

The relationship lasted two years. She is married now, and I am sure her husband has taken her on lots of romantic weekend getaways. But I would be willing to bet she still remembers the weekend she spent at her fantasy beach house down by Jill's Private Beach.

While it sounds like your relationship is a little too new for something like this, the object of the lesson still holds true. Its not about how much money you spend. It is about letting her know you're listening to her, and you care what she has to say. That entire weekend came from her imagination, and still was a huge surprise and thrill.

Of course, I'm still single...so what the heck do I know.

diginit
04-12-2010, 10:10 PM
Well? How is it going? Inquiring minds want to know....

Tacom
04-12-2010, 10:26 PM
tacticalcity...I am going to steal your idea; I hope you don't mind.

nrvnqsrxk
04-12-2010, 11:07 PM
While talking about possible ideas for our 3-day weekend I asked her to describe what she would want to do if money were no object. She went into lots of detail. Pretty stereo typical stuff from walking on a private beach to making love in front of a fireplace, to the kind of wine and crepes she wanted to eat, even down to what she would be wearing. The more she talked, the more notes I took - without letting her know I was taking notes.

The next day I ran to the store and bought a bunch of rolls of white butcher paper, a box of magic markers, a white fitted bed sheet, and a bottle of wine. I stopped by IHOP for crepes, and Victoria Secret for the "what she would be wearing" part. Thanks to the military discount (available everywhere but Victoria's Secret) I spent maybe $150. When you consider most people spend at least $1000 on a 3-day romantic getaway, that's not bad.

That's one of the most epic things I've ever heard. Lol. I should buy more of your stuff.

zcrehan
04-15-2010, 2:20 AM
It's going good. So good in fact that I'm wondering if I should have been more careful what I wished for. That sounds bad, let me clarify.

I am not interested in getting as many girls under my belt as possible but I do recognize that I am a 22 year old and a lot of very diverse people have warned me of the folly of looking for "the one" at my age... I haven't been doing that... and I hope this doesn't seem too sappy, but I think it might have just fallen into my lap... I think this is great, but, it comes with a great deal of new anxiety that goes -far- beyond the idea of just keeping a girl interested in the next date... if you know what I mean.

So, now I have some problems... Primarily, I am concerned about my future, which I view with a great deal of uncertainty at this time. My economic situation is improving but only with a "pay the bills" type of job... That is unless I really enjoy the work, which I may, but only time will tell...

I've been taking some aggressive steps to help me "get in where I fit in", foot in the door, so to speak, as far as desirable-career-path/employers are concerned. So far, those efforts have been fruitless but not discouraging. What is actually discouraging to me is the number of options I have, I know that sounds ridiculous but it's becoming difficult for me to weigh pro's and con's with regards to direction. With any luck, I can start trying things on for size. Right now though, I feel like life is moving at light speed and I am playing catch up. School is not moving at light speed and this is beginning to annoy me, realistically though, I am moving through it as quickly as I can.

Anyway the bottom line is, I already want to be able to offer more than I can and now that I have a girl I want to keep, the fear of failure is beginning to cause real stress. Not the kind of stress that's keeping me up all night, just the kind that sits in the back of your head and is happy to remind you it's their.

So, ya, 4 and a half months later and I really just made this post...

zcrehan
04-15-2010, 2:21 AM
Also, @ tac-city, that's an awesome story.

Dooly
04-17-2010, 8:27 PM
take her to the miniature golf, it is not that expensive
also, beach or hiking is good place too.

center_x
05-09-2010, 4:23 AM
Soooooooooooooo, ya married yet? :)

Midian
05-09-2010, 7:04 AM
Ignore her.

Women despise not being the center of attention.

After a taste of that, she'd be happy to feed the pigeons with you.

HotRails
05-12-2010, 11:22 PM
It's going good. So good in fact that I'm wondering if I should have been more careful what I wished for. That sounds bad, let me clarify.

I am not interested in getting as many girls under my belt as possible but I do recognize that I am a 22 year old and a lot of very diverse people have warned me of the folly of looking for "the one" at my age... I haven't been doing that... and I hope this doesn't seem too sappy, but I think it might have just fallen into my lap... I think this is great, but, it comes with a great deal of new anxiety that goes -far- beyond the idea of just keeping a girl interested in the next date... if you know what I mean.

So, now I have some problems... Primarily, I am concerned about my future, which I view with a great deal of uncertainty at this time. My economic situation is improving but only with a "pay the bills" type of job... That is unless I really enjoy the work, which I may, but only time will tell...

I've been taking some aggressive steps to help me "get in where I fit in", foot in the door, so to speak, as far as desirable-career-path/employers are concerned. So far, those efforts have been fruitless but not discouraging. What is actually discouraging to me is the number of options I have, I know that sounds ridiculous but it's becoming difficult for me to weigh pro's and con's with regards to direction. With any luck, I can start trying things on for size. Right now though, I feel like life is moving at light speed and I am playing catch up. School is not moving at light speed and this is beginning to annoy me, realistically though, I am moving through it as quickly as I can.

Anyway the bottom line is, I already want to be able to offer more than I can and now that I have a girl I want to keep, the fear of failure is beginning to cause real stress. Not the kind of stress that's keeping me up all night, just the kind that sits in the back of your head and is happy to remind you it's their.

So, ya, 4 and a half months later and I really just made this post...

Welcome to the first step of growing up! All the ambiguities of life are daunting. As far as opportunities go, many people are in the same position with the economic situation. It may be this way for a long time, no one knows. It may be that the "sure fire" ways to financial success of the past (i.e. doctor, lawyer, etc.) may not be the same in the future. Sometimes you will not know if a choice you made was the right until ten years after you've made it. As far as fear of failure goes, failure, along with rejection and sometimes heartbreak are facts of life, eventually you will learn to accept them with increasing indifference. How successful you will be is determined by how well you pick yourself up and recover from these pitfalls and how flexible you are. Good luck!

daskraut
05-19-2010, 7:16 PM
zcrehan. Just some observations from a former male slut that used to date around and multidate. Back in the times when men were men and dinos walked the earth, speed dating was tons of fun and gave you a big plus in the no-brain macho world of drooling men. But ya know what?, it does nothing for your heart or soul. The whole date alot and score mentality is from days past when it was safe to be a male ho. Now a days, you guys are kind of forced into being adults alot sooner and picking out your girlfriends with alot more scrutiny. This is a plus. You are only missing hurting some nice gals and messing with their brains and hearts. If you find a nice gal that you can talk to, she is cute and honest, that is GOLD!!.A quick way to judge a gal is to see if she hints around alot about you buying things for her, taking her to expensive places etc. I have always been a toy kind of guy. Motorcycles, guns, cars or what ever makes me happy. When I hit about 25, I learned to always tell a new gal up front that I have expensive hobbies and do not have alot of cash to spend on clubbing and high dollar dinners. This filtered out the money chasers real quick!!.I learned to enjoy the simple things in life like a home cooked meal and a good, long cuddle during a movie. Now when I got really wise, maybe 35 years old, I would add to the toy speach that I will never lie to you or cheat on you, and I demand the same from her. If she bailed, buh-bye!!. Now when I found "the one". I gave the speech and she smiled and was touched by my honesty!. I also learned a little late, but have put the following steps into my daily mental check list. Always be nice, say thank you, open the door for her and generally treat her like every day is a first date as far as being respectful goes. If she has hormonal rage, do not yell back, EVER!!, just back away and retreat till it passes!. The video/DVD/on demand date on the couch is magic to this day!. I always alternate sundays to let her clean, hang with buds or what ever. In exchange, I take her shooting, we ride our motorcycles, go to cool places around L.A. or what ever event may get our interest.
RESPECT-HONESTY-UNDERSTANDING . I think this may be good to store in your young brain. Oh, don't forget to read and learn exactly what she likes/need when it comes to...uh...you know. :D

aaronraby1
05-19-2010, 7:50 PM
found out what she's into and go from there. Take her to a shooting range and fire off some 22's would be a cheap date. j/k

darn straight!!! dont want them shooting up all your good stuff!!!

X-caliber
05-20-2010, 11:38 PM
"if he doesn't even have money to take me out to lunch, maybe he's not really ready for a girlfriend".

I know the OP is past this point now, but if a female thinks this^^ from the get go....run away!

P.S. Dating advice on a gun forum FTW.

2Cute2Shoot
05-21-2010, 9:49 AM
"if he doesn't even have money to take me out to lunch, maybe he's not really ready for a girlfriend"

I know the OP is past this point now, but if a female thinks this^^ from the get go....run away!

P.S. Dating advice on a gun forum FTW.

Hey!! Your quote is making me look bad. :mad: I would appreciate if you repost the entire sentence because it says:

I don't expect him to spend a lot on me by any means, but I think lots of girls would think "if he doesn't even have money to take me out to lunch, maybe he's not really ready for a girlfriend". Sorry, but I wanted to give you the honest truth :o

Since we are giving advice that he ASKED for on the OFF TOPIC thread, I wanted to let him know honestly what I think lots of girls will think. Your quote makes it seem like I feel that way...and I don't :)

Anway, it sounds like Zcrehan is doing wonderful on his own! I hope he has found that special someone and that they are enjoying their time together, whatever they do :p

X-caliber
05-21-2010, 3:19 PM
Hey!! Your quote is making me look bad. :mad: I would appreciate if you repost the entire sentence because it says:

Was just commenting on the context of what I included in the quote...wasn't trying to make you look bad personally or imply that you were like that...mah bad :surrender:

Since we are giving advice that he ASKED for on the OFF TOPIC thread, I wanted to let him know honestly what I think lots of girls will think. Your quote makes it seem like I feel that way...and I don't

This advice may have been ASKED in an OFF TOPIC thread..but is still part of a GUN FORUM..and still strikes me as somewhat funny.:shrug:

Anway, it sounds like Zcrehan is doing wonderful on his own! I hope he has found that special someone and that they are enjoying their time together, whatever they do :p

Oh here is the rest of your quote..I don't have anything to say about this..just figured I'd include it to fully convey your ENTIRE point;)

artherd
05-22-2010, 2:44 AM
It's kind of difficult to make something magical out of a Tuesday night I must say...

ooooh, I've done it. Find a karaoke bar.
(god I miss her. Maybe I'll tell her when I see her later today.)

zcrehan
01-21-2012, 9:37 PM
Two years, then crash and burn.

Was a good run, probably went on a bit too long looking back. I did learn a lot about myself and what I really want/need though so not a total waste... :facepalm:

Emdawg
01-21-2012, 11:55 PM
So sorry dude.:(

$#it happens, ask my bum-leg.:wheelchair:

zcrehan
01-22-2012, 12:30 AM
It is what it is.

The shock of it all has my *** back in the gym and really caring about myself first and foremost again, those are positive things.

I suppose I'm being stupid but I already wanna get back out there and meet nice people. Not really looking for anything serious though.

I have a nice young lady I've started chatting with who I might try and be around a little more but other than that I'm concentrating on myself, which I should simply have done from day one imo.

Oh and I forgot to say, I found a decent job early on in that relationship and money has never really been a BIG issue for me since.

OliveCookieMonsta
01-22-2012, 8:43 AM
Sucks dude but good for you in the long run!

Iiiiiii! I can't believe I've been on this forum for two years!

movie zombie
01-22-2012, 9:53 AM
[QUOTE=zcrehan;7890271....... but other than that I'm concentrating on myself, which I should simply have done from day one imo.

Oh and I forgot to say, I found a decent job early on in that relationship and money has never really been a BIG issue for me since.[/QUOTE]

no one is ready for a relationship until they concentrate on themselves....good for you for having figured that out.

re the 2nd sentence: looking for the good in what was a bad relationship is a very healthy sign that you're pulling it together!

congrats for both instances.....

live and learn is healthy. its those that live and keep hitting their head on the same brick wall expecting different results that are "unhealthy".

JoeJinKY
01-22-2012, 10:48 AM
This is one of the funnier threads in CalGuns. :cool:

medicdude
02-03-2012, 6:09 PM
Ok dude. You say things are going well. Go with the flow. Don't be in a hurry. My current gf and I had been best friends for two years prior to dating because of bad timing with school and stuff. We've been together for two years and expecting a baby in May. Don't try too hard and don't mix up priorities. Keep school number one.

onequickshift
02-03-2012, 6:42 PM
Holy Necro BATMAN!

First off, always concentrate on yourself, if you can't be responsible, and capable of handling you, than you shouldn't be in a relationship where in effectively you're responsible for them to an extent as well.

Honestly, ITD&A you really should just focus on you, trust me, as I see guys, they are everywhere; and I focus on myself, my health; and looking good is the last thing...healthy and capable is what I am interested in. Take care of my needs and wants, and be financially secure? Thats what is important, cause theres plenty of guys out there, nice faces muscles etc, thats the general outlook from a womans stand point.

For a guy, there are plenty of women out there buddy, my advice? Focus on your ****, get it straight and wrinkle free, a woman will come along. As long as you arent a hermit lol. NEVER settle. NEVER. Always strive for as high as you can, in all you do in life.

Think a Corvette is out of reach? Settle for a 4th gen ugle camaro? Sure....NAH save save save, throw cash down on a Z06.

Ahhh you'll just settle for some junklet rifle? **** THAT, save save save, BUT the best you can.

How you deal with life, and what you do. Your choices you make, the things you struggle for and achieve, the things you buy with educated research and trial....the people you keep around you, etc. It all defines you.

You dont want a fake tit, bubble lipped piece of *** to *uck for a while...than discover shes g'damn high maintenance and a whine-o princess hoe bag. You want a woman who is smart, and accomplished ON HER OWN, and has her **** together, who takes care of herself physically as well. That's a keeper. That goes both ways...a woman wants a MAN, not a boy. No projects. In my view? I have enough projects. From bikes, to cars, home renovations etc.

Just handle yourself. And keep moving forward. GOODLUCK in life budddddy!

maschronic
02-03-2012, 6:53 PM
you can learn how to make wine. that is always fun to do as a couple.

XD40SUBBIE
04-17-2012, 11:51 PM

Best advice ever. Not a female-but before getting married, (12 happy years!)I've been there. I think most dudes here over 30 and married will atest to that. However, focusing too much on something too serious when you do not have a stable platform may not be the best course of action.

At the risk of sounding like a kurmudgeon, Focus on school, finish and land that career (notice it did not say job). Even non-materialistic, ones- you know the cute ones that can careless about Fendi or LV, do understand that the perfect dude, must also have some way to support or partially support the ideal conclusion of the relationship: marriage, 2.5 kids, a house in the burbs and a something that goes wuff...Speaking of school, this may also be a great way to avoid being part of the 51% of marriages that end in divorce. 70% of said divorces end because of money. Not because of a materialistic, partner, but the inability (disappearing middle class) to pay for even life's essentials and what comes with that frustration.

Finally, leave the toilet seat down. Don't go to bed angry. Best Advice of all, when she tells you her problems, don't always try to fix it. Some women would like to have their man simply listen. As Chris Rock said, "Uh huh...yup..(and occasionally you have to add, especially when she is talking about another female)...I told you that b**ch's crazy..." ;) LOL Good luck, bud.

Meety Peety
04-18-2012, 3:28 AM
.... Suggest a movie to watch (blu-ray on PS3 is best) ....
Lol, someone care to explain this one to me? Please tell me it's not because PS3 has a better remote..

nocomply25
04-18-2012, 11:10 AM
Man before I wad married i had a 1000 dollar car and little money but never let it hurt me with girls. It's all in the mind have some confidence man its goes further then money. If she thinks u are to broke for her then treat her bad and tshe will love u. Treat the good ones good and the bad ones bad. Best thing I ever learned. Gets u laid but at the same time u can stop to appreciate a keeper. Sorry just wanted to be honest lol

Hey, sick burn! Haha, just kidding.

Really, I feel the same way... I mean to me, it would be difficult to like a broke *** like myself, even if it is only temporary... That being said... Our chemistry is -amazing- and if she isn't going to stress it right now then I'm not going to mess things up by worrying about it too much.

To be perfectly honest, I am handling this much better now that I've taken a step back and just got back to being myself.

I don't know if any of you have been in the kind of situation where you just, almost instantly - seemingly too fast to be real, felt like you had that... deeper connection I guess? Shoot I don't know where I'm going with this... I don't know where this is going to end up but I am damn pleased to be on this ride. This girl knocked my socks off.

Beaker650
04-24-2012, 4:42 PM
The Hammer museum is free on Thursdays (but you'll have to pay for parking probably) http://hammer.ucla.edu/visit/index.html

The Self Realization Lake Shrine is a very peaceful and beautiful place you can go to just sit and chill out together. http://www.yogananda-srf.org/tmp/LocationDetail.aspx?id=942

As summer approaches, Santa Monica Pier starts to play movies outdoors in the evening.

I personally used to love playing video games with my past boyfriends. Collaborative games such as Lego Stars Wars are great for women.

In your neck of the woods: Fosselman's Ice Cream!

Edit: Oops sorry, didn't read the entire thread before chiming in. Sorry! I hope you learned a little more about what you're looking for and that you find it.

Tlc.norcal
04-28-2012, 9:57 PM
You know I truly like hanging out with Mr Norcal... We also do stuff like go quad riding or just throwing the chuck-it for the dog. Things don't have to be puffed up, poked out, and waxed to be considered fun or worth it if the other person is really going to float your boat for the long haul. If you just want to get her dirty and then send her home (or vice-versa) then it may need a bunch of flash. I'm not saying that you aren't going to end up both investing more than funds for a good person, but I will tell you truly I have several friends who are of a certain age and they have played the take him home and get him dirty game too long... And now they don't have anyone to play with at all except some other lonely sorry sucker like the poster who suggested being a dick. In the end be yourself because you can only pretend to be someone else for so long... And if you really like her that much, there must some substance to justify more than the pretty glossy stuff.

Little girls play games. Women respect respect.

Hmmmmm... This thread keeps being edited.... Ah well. Some of my ^ may not all apply to this thread but now I am confused...

RANDO
04-29-2012, 12:08 AM
take her to the red cross, both of you give blood, they'll give you coupons for free fish tacos and free tickets to the laugh factory. Plus with less blood the bar tab will be cheaper, i mean you also get the satisfaction of knowing you may have saved a life.

movie zombie
04-29-2012, 9:40 AM
......Little girls play games. Women respect respect.......

and the same can be said of men: little boys play games. Men respect respect. many men don't respect themselves much less the women they claim to want to date or are dating.

Beaker, good suggestions!

zcrehan
07-08-2012, 1:17 AM
Doing very well now, feel amazing & accomplished. So you can all probably guess who called up full of regret after she saw me last.

Ahhhh life! It's a trip. Moving on.

Yes I miss her but... No.

beb
07-08-2012, 11:40 PM
Be strong! =) Oh and if you need good, cheap dates in the future; you live in SGV! Everything is cheap there! Get some Beef Stew Noodles and Half & Half and chat... Class 302... Coco Ichibanya... So many yummy things in SGV/Rowland... But glad to hear youre in a better situation financial and otherwise! :D