PDA

View Full Version : Next Gen arms!

tvfreakarms
03-02-2010, 1:54 AM
Has anyone heard about this company?

Next gen arms (http://www.nextgenerationarms.com/firearms/mp168.html)

shark92651
03-02-2010, 7:52 AM
Only from your post. Seems like they have put together a line of parts guns and have re-branded many mfg's parts by adding their own ceramic coating on it. I can't find a price anywhere and the online store doesn't have any products in it. The drop-down list of brands seems odd - Apple, Canon, Hewlett-Packard :D They must have just rolled out their site and it's not quite done yet, although the flash animations for the rifles are nicely done :thumbsup:

aplinker
03-02-2010, 8:01 AM
All of their pop-ups are on essentially meaningless things - accessories.

This is what a list of important stuff looks like:

Features
Upper:
* Cold Hammer Forged Barrels

* M4 Feed Ramp Barrel Extension

* M4 Feed Ramp Flat Top Receiver

* T-Marked Upper Receivers

* USGI 1/7 Twist Rates

* USGI 5.56 NATO Chambers

* Mil-Spec 11595E - Certified Barrel Steel (CMV)

* Chrome Lined Bore and Chamber

* Manganese Phosphate Barrel Finish

* Mil-Spec F-Marked Forged Front Sights

* USGI Government Profile Barrels

* HPT (High Pressure Test) Barrels

* MPI (Magnetic Particle Inspected) Barrels
Lower:

Machined from Aluminum Forgings 7075 T6

Hardcoat Anodizing: MIL-A-8625F, Type III, Class 2

BCM Milspec Receiver Extention

USGI Mold M4 Stock

Staked M4 Lock Nut

USGI H Buffer (1 GI Tungsten, 2 Steel)

Magpul MOE Enhanced Trigger Guard

Low Shelf for RDIAS installation

Low Shelf for Accuwedge use

Un-notched Hammer compatible with 9mm use

BCG:
* Milspec Carpenter No. 158 steel
* HPT Bolt (High Pressure Tested)
* MPI Bolt (Magnetic Particle Inspected)
* Shot Peened Bolt
* Chrome Lined Carrier (AUTO)
* Chrome Lined Gas Key
* Gas Key Hardened to USGI Specifications
* Grade 8 Hardened Fasteners
* Key Staked Per Mil-Spec
* Tool Steel Extractor
* BCM Extractor Spring
* Black Extractor Insert
* Mil-Spec Crane O-Ring

It's what they choose to talk about and what they don't that speaks volumes.

If you read their descriptions, there's a ton of fluff in there.

CHS
03-02-2010, 8:29 AM
Anyone that uses hydraulic buffers and CAA furniture, in my opinion, doesn't know the first thing about building a rifle. I wouldn't touch it with a 10 foot pole.

MasterYong
03-02-2010, 8:40 AM
Anyone that uses hydraulic buffers and CAA furniture, in my opinion, doesn't know the first thing about building a rifle. I wouldn't touch it with a 10 foot pole.

I was thinking the same thing. There's a REALLY odd mix of high-end and low-end parts on that rifle on the main page.

Also, its really unprofessional to publish a site that's so far from being complete, without at least indicating somewhere that its not complete.

In the online store- the "brands" drop-down still has the default options from whatever other site the code was ripped from. Lame.

NavDoc
03-02-2010, 10:06 AM

What he said.

tvfreakarms
03-03-2010, 1:55 AM
I'm pretty new to the ar15 rifles. Is having a hydraulic buffers really that bad? I've heard some stuff about it but i would think that type of buffer would really reduce the kick of the rifle. I personally use the spikes st-t2 buffer.
I don't know any differences between different brands or different weight of buffers because, well this is my first ar.
I've seen some stuff of CAA brand I personally don't like them because it looks some what cheap.

CHS
03-03-2010, 8:26 AM
A hydraulic buffer is a very expensive solution to a nonexistent problem. They don't do anything at all except trick people into spending more money on their rifles in the form of accessories rather than ammo and maintenance.

To some people, CAA furniture looks really cool, so they use it. In my experience it's very cheaply made from inferior materials. It's flimsy and will fail under stress. Also, the stocks are all commercial so people will end up using cheap and failure-prone commercial receiver extensions.

The only exception is their pistol grip. I mean, it's a pistol grip. I prefer the Ergo's, but the CAA one actually isn't all that bad.

pacrimguru
03-03-2010, 8:39 AM
ah, CAA... this is what i think of CAA... hahaha

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=233337