PDA

View Full Version : Any Glock 36 owner here?

Jeffu
03-02-2010, 12:05 AM
http://i567.photobucket.com/albums/ss111/denimtalk/glock1.gif

Handled at Glock 36 at the gun store today and I love the fact that it is a .45 + how slim it is. Does anyone currently own a G36? what do you like/dislike about it?

Thanks in advance!
Jeff

jermedic
03-02-2010, 1:26 AM
Hi Jeff, I have had my G36 for a few months now and I love it. It is the OD version like the pic you posted. I have not had a single issue with mine during our few months together. Apparently some of the first models had issues, but it seems like the newer ones are pretty reliable. You will hear of people saying that the 36 is a POS and is a jam-o-matic, but I have not experienced this. I think it also has to do with using a propper grip and not limp wristing it. At least it seems that way to me since I don't have any issues. It is pretty light especially for a .45 and it is quite manageable to shoot. It slings a big round, but the recoil is not bad at all, at least to me. It seems to be on par with the rest of the Glock line up as far as reliabilty, build quality, and finish. Some pople have reported their 36 to be picky about ammo, but mine shoots WWB, JHP's, reloads, aluminum cased, and even cheap wolf ammo without complaining. Just eats everything like a fat girl at a buffet. One thing I will say, and it's not a bad thing, is that it is not a range gun to shoot all day. It is great for a carry piece and that is it's primary function. I usually put 200 rounds thru her every range visit, and usually bring along my 38 and XD40, so probably 400 rounds total per visit. I notice on the trips that I shoot mosty the 36 my hand is a little sore the next day, but again it is not designed to be a range gun. Oh and it shoots more accurately than I can aim it. Hope that helped a little and let me know if I can answer any other questions, I'll do my best.

Jeffu
03-02-2010, 1:33 AM
Hi Jeff, I have had my G36 for a few months now and I love it. It is the OD version like the pic you posted. I have not had a single issue with mine during our few months together. Apparently some of the first models had issues, but it seems like the newer ones are pretty reliable. You will hear of people saying that the 36 is a POS and is a jam-o-matic, but I have not experienced this. I think it also has to do with using a propper grip and not limp wristing it. At least it seems that way to me since I don't have any issues. It is pretty light especially for a .45 and it is quite manageable to shoot. It slings a big round, but the recoil is not bad at all, at least to me. It seems to be on par with the rest of the Glock line up as far as reliabilty, build quality, and finish. Some pople have reported their 36 to be picky about ammo, but mine shoots WWB, JHP's, reloads, aluminum cased, and even cheap wolf ammo without complaining. Just eats everything like a fat girl at a buffet. One thing I will say, and it's not a bad thing, is that it is not a range gun to shoot all day. It is great for a carry piece and that is it's primary function. I usually put 200 rounds thru her every range visit, and usually bring along my 38 and XD40, so probably 400 rounds total per visit. I notice on the trips that I shoot mosty the 36 my hand is a little sore the next day, but again it is not designed to be a range gun. Oh and it shoots more accurately than I can aim it. Hope that helped a little and let me know if I can answer any other questions, I'll do my best.

Thank you for your time and effort. Sounds to me like a very fun gun. Just purchased one so hopefully it isn't one of the earlier models. :)

jermedic
03-02-2010, 1:36 AM
You will love your new toy. I was gonna offer to let you try mine out if you really wanted before you made a decision, but I guess you will have your own in 10 days or less. I think the ones that had issues were made in the early 2000's. I purchased mine new and the test fire date at the factory was in Jan 09. Did you buy it new or used?

Jeffu
03-02-2010, 1:37 AM
You will love your new toy. I was gonna offer to let you try mine out if you really wanted before you made a decision, but I guess you will have your own in 10 days or less. I think the ones that had issues were made in the early 2000's. I purchased mine new and the test fire date at the factory was in Jan 09. Did you buy it new or used?

I bought it brand new for $525 on gunbroker 20 minutes ago :)

jermedic
03-02-2010, 1:41 AM
Nice! That's about the cheapest I have heard of new. I got mine at Bass Pro right down the street and it was going for $650. Turners had it for 640, and couldn't find anyone else with them in stock. I got it at Bass Pro a few days after Christmas since I had gotten 400 bucks worth of gift cards as presents.

jermedic
03-02-2010, 1:44 AM
Also from what I have heard it is best to leave the 36's as stock as possible. I plan to get new sights and thats about it. Seems like whenever someone posts about having problems with their 36 they have aftermarket parts in them. Also the stock mags did pinch my little finger a bit, so I got the Pierce +0 extensions which make for a nicer grip and fixed the pinching. Seems like it is best to leave the mags stock or add +0 finger extensions. Seems like most problems with mags tend to be after people added the +1 extensions.

Jeffu
03-02-2010, 1:59 AM
Thanks Jermedic :) I actually like the mags on g26/g27 better since it's shorter do you know if they have any for G36?

edit: something flat like this
http://www.continentalarms.com/images/glock27p.jpg

instead of

http://www.discountgunsales.com/images/P/glock36-01.jpg

jermedic
03-02-2010, 2:03 AM
Not positive on that but I dont think so. Looking at my mags right now and the stock end plates go up the mag about the width of a 45 round. If that makes any sense. Lone Wolf Distributers seems to carry everything ever made for Glocks so I would think if flat plates were around they would have them. The stock mags were by no means uncomfortable, but the Pierce ones just feel better to me and are only a few bucks anyway.

jermedic
03-02-2010, 2:05 AM
Oh and I did the "25 cent" trigger job on mine after the second trip to the range and it did smooth out the trigger enough to notice a little improvement. Google 25 cent glock trigger if this is your first glock and it will show you how to do it. basicly just polishing the trigger bar.

jermedic
03-02-2010, 2:19 AM
Well congrats on your new gun Jeff! I gotta get to bed, have that darn work thing to do in the morning. You might be able to get some better answers about the mag plates over on glocktalk.com Lots of good info there.

devilinblack
03-02-2010, 7:43 AM
I have a 21 and 30, the 36 is the next one on the list.

I've rented one at the OC Indoor range and liked firing it quite a bit. My friend and I put well over a hundred rounds of range reloads through it with no problems.

subin
03-02-2010, 9:27 AM
I really like Glock because I can group better with them, even withe the stock trigger. Currently own 2nd gen. G19 (since 1991) and just recently got a used G36 from Calguner. The two complaints I have are: 1. trigger finget hurts after about 40 rounds (same thing with my G19). 2. I have medium size hands and the short magazine housing make it slightly difficult to slam in the magazine, because the hand is there acting like a buffer. It takes a little getting used to, but not a big problem.
Shot around 50 rds of range reloads and did not have any feeding issue. Using the same ammo with my Sig 1911 caused a few failed to eject and failed to return to battery problems.

Jeffu
03-02-2010, 12:04 PM
Thanks guys, I'm pretty excited

diableri
03-02-2010, 8:35 PM
I just bought a 30 and it was a tough call between the 30 and 36. I think the only real reason I chose to get the 30 was that I have a 21 and the interchangeable mags was too much to pass up at this time. I am pretty sure I'll go ahead and buy a 36 as well in a month or two now that I've thought about it some more. Both really good guns. 30 for cold weather, 36 for the other nine months of the year here. :D