PDA

View Full Version : Anybody have a Sig Pro SP2009 and how do you like em?

supermario
03-01-2010, 9:52 PM
I just picked one up and It looks like a very nice well balanced 9mm. I was wondering, if any of you guys can give me any more words of encouragement on my new purchase. And only nice comments please:) Anything i should worry about? I figure its a Sig so should be a great gun.

sigfan91
03-02-2010, 12:23 AM
Sig Pros have a big following on Sigforum. Those who love them say the Pros have the best DA trigger out of all Sigs ever made...ever! They are very affordable and the build quality is very high. I have a SP2009. I have never had a problem with it.

However, here comes the big "but," I don't like the feel in my hand. The trigger feels very different than all my classic Sigs and throws me off. I can pick up any classic Sig and feel very natural. The Pro just feels weird. I have no problem going from a Sig to a Glock. But Pro throws me off.

For that reason alone I am selling my Pro to my friend to fund more classic Sigs. :D

edit: One more thing, I like the 2009 over the 2022 because the 2009 just looks so much sleeker without the rails (it has proprietary rails, but don't bother looking for accessories for it, they cost about half the gun).

NSR500
03-02-2010, 1:40 AM
http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=275035

There are many more threads here with us guys who like the platform.

JagerTroop
03-02-2010, 1:58 AM
Not a bad pistol. Smooth trigger... very smooth. They have a stainless Nitron coated slide, and a nice feeling grip too. Combine that with an affordable price, and you've got a great gun. I mean, c'mon. Even though it has a polymer frame, it's still a Sig.

let's not mention the Mosquito :o

gumby
03-02-2010, 10:55 AM
You made a great purchase, I have 3. One for on-duty, one for off-duty and one for home defense.

supermario
03-02-2010, 5:32 PM
Sig Pros have a big following on Sigforum. Those who love them say the Pros have the best DA trigger out of all Sigs ever made...ever! They are very affordable and the build quality is very high. I have a SP2009. I have never had a problem with it.

However, here comes the big "but," I don't like the feel in my hand. The trigger feels very different than all my classic Sigs and throws me off. I can pick up any classic Sig and feel very natural. The Pro just feels weird. I have no problem going from a Sig to a Glock. But Pro throws me off.

For that reason alone I am selling my Pro to my friend to fund more classic Sigs. :D

edit: One more thing, I like the 2009 over the 2022 because the 2009 just looks so much sleeker without the rails (it has proprietary rails, but don't bother looking for accessories for it, they cost about half the gun).

Yeah thats exactly what i thought, the grip felt a lil big for my hands but i really liked the gun. I cant wait to shoot it. Thanks guys