PDA

View Full Version : Ruger SR carry 9

edosan
03-01-2010, 10:48 PM
Does anybody know if this is California approved?

nn3453
03-01-2010, 10:50 PM
If you mean the SR9C, it is on the list.

Here is how you can check for yourself: http://certguns.doj.ca.gov/

Select the manufacturer and you will see what is on the list.

redhemi
03-02-2010, 8:40 AM
Yes the SR9c is on the approved list as of 2/4/10 and as soon as they get to a store around me I,m buying it, Redhemi

Blackhawk556
03-02-2010, 2:48 PM
I did a "search" here on calguns and the overall review of the ruger sr9 was not that great. I was going to purchase one but the negative feedback I gathered from all the posts i read convinced me to not buy one

m&p9 is on my radar

RugerFan777
03-02-2010, 5:32 PM
I did a "search" here on calguns and the overall review of the ruger sr9 was not that great. I was going to purchase one but the negative feedback I gathered from all the posts i read convinced me to not buy one

m&p9 is on my radar

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IpTaV3A2jIE

Nutnfancy on youtube does a review on the SR9 and he is a total GLOCK Fan and he gives the SR9 a right next to the glock 17 in quality and performance. You can trust his reviews. Even though he is a total glock fan boy and this bias shows a little. Yet he still rates the SR9 as top notch.

Blackhawk556
03-02-2010, 7:35 PM
Yeah his review on the glock 17 pretty much convinced to get it. Yes he say the ruger is good but a lot of people on calguns said not so good. May be later

redhemi
03-03-2010, 9:09 AM
Yes the SR9 has had its problems but Ruger has been taking care of it. I,ve had my SR9 for about a year now and have put about or maybe over 4000 rounds through it (lost count) and the only problem I,ve had is the mag release got a little hard to push I took it apart cleaned it and greased it and its been fine ever since (3 months). I belive the OP was asking about the SR9c and from what I,ve read and seen (youtube) this gun is much better and so far does not have any of the problems the SR9 has had. As I said before when the SR9cs get to the store I am getting one,Redhemi

Johansenk
03-03-2010, 9:26 AM
there are several of them on gunbroker right now

gorenut
03-03-2010, 9:45 AM
I never care much for the SR9, but something about the SR9c is more appealing to me. Maybe the aesthetics and ergos just work better in compact form. Main things stopping me from getting one:
external thumb safeties etc. and the gun treating the shooter almost like he/she is an idiot. This is kind of just ridiculous... to litter up the gun's aesthetics with this....
http://www.gunblast.com/images/Ruger-SR9C/DSC09940.JPG

ZombieTactics
03-03-2010, 10:04 AM
... Main things stopping me from getting one:
external thumb safeties etc. and the gun treating the shooter almost like he/she is an idiot. This is kind of just ridiculous... to litter up the gun's aesthetics with this ...
Well, it was either the first (or one of the first) handguns designed specifically to be able to pass all of the ridiculous handgun laws in states like California ... and they sort of went overboard.

All-in-all the SR9 is a rock solid, excelent design. I much prefer it overall to my Glocks and even a bit over my XD.

gorenut
03-03-2010, 10:16 AM
Well, it was either the first (or one of the first) handguns designed specifically to be able to pass all of the ridiculous handgun laws in states like California ... and they sort of went overboard.

All-in-all the SR9 is a rock solid, excelent design. I much prefer it overall to my Glocks and even a bit over my XD.

Yea, I figured as much especially considering the company's past. To their credit though-heaps and bounds of progression since the founder's passing. Still love all their wheelguns though and as I've already mentioned.. I actually do like the SR9c. Probably their first semi that I've actually even remotely considered as a potential purchase.

Rob85
03-03-2010, 10:28 AM
I love Ruger, but hate the gun out of principal. How dare they roll over to California's b.s.. "loaded when up" Thanks but no thanks. How about I know when the gun is loaded because I'm a responsible gun owner and chances are I racked one in the chamber.:rant::chillpill: I'll probably buy one ;)

gorenut
03-03-2010, 11:43 AM
I love Ruger, but hate the gun out of principal. How dare they roll over to California's b.s.. "loaded when up" Thanks but no thanks. How about I know when the gun is loaded because I'm a responsible gun owner and chances are I racked one in the chamber.:rant::chillpill: I'll probably buy one ;)

Coulda been worse right? How about they install a "feature" that actually costs us more just to make it "safer"? Maybe like a mini siren+spinning lights that sets off when the chamber is loaded?