PDA

View Full Version : Vegas full auto range for rifles

Milk
03-01-2010, 10:14 PM
So my company is sponsoring a Vegas trip for us this weekend and a coworker and i want to hit up one of the ranges that offer the full auto feature for obvious giggles.

I've heard enough to stay away from the Gun Store but are there alternatives ?
I've done a google search but i haven't found anything about quality. I don't want to shoot a bunch of malfunctioning MP5s.

Thanks in advance!

Josh3239
03-01-2010, 10:20 PM
I had a great experience at The Gun Store. When I went there I was just getting into guns and I asked some very newbie questions and told them I was from California. I was treated very good and we actually had a positive conversation about getting the laws here changed.

You could try Centermass. Use the search here, there are lots of threads on this. PM or email Henderson Defense in advance, they seem to be very happy to take Calgunners out to shoot.

emcon5
03-01-2010, 10:31 PM
I have been to The Gun Store twice, had no problems at all.

69Mach1
03-01-2010, 10:38 PM
I had a great experience at The Gun Store. When I went there I was just getting into guns and I asked some very newbie questions and told them I was from California. I was treated very good and we actually had a positive conversation about getting the laws here changed.

You could try Centermass. Use the search here, there are lots of threads on this. PM or email Henderson Defense in advance, they seem to be very happy to take Calgunners out to shoot.

I had the same great time at the Gun Store. They treated us well.

quig
03-01-2010, 10:41 PM
My experience.

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=267619

famas619
03-01-2010, 10:43 PM
I went to the gun store and asked a question about who makes transparent AR-15 mags. First thing out of their mouth was, can i see your I.D ? I did'nt ask them if i can buy, i just asked who make's them. I then said that i was looking into maybe taking some on deployment, the guy say's my unit would'nt let me take them. How does he know what i can and can't do in my unit. All in all not my favorite place to go.

ghost
03-01-2010, 10:45 PM
i had a good time at the gun store as well.the only thing i didnt like was having them load and unload the firearm for me.

1 SIG fan
03-01-2010, 10:52 PM
i had a good shoot at The Gun store, but be aware... it can lighten your wallet significently. I think i spent $80 in about 3min.

And i agree, it's frustrating they have to load/unlaod etc... for you. They might as well pull the trigger for me too. :(

Doheny
03-01-2010, 10:59 PM
I've been to this place (http://www.lasvegasgunrange.net/); it's off Blue Diamond as you come into town (down the street from Bass Pro.)

I've only bought stuff there, but they do rent full autos. As said above, these places can lighten your wallet. They said the average person will spend $100 dollars when renting full autos. As you can imagine, it only takes a couple of minutes to zip through that when you're blasting away on automatic.

AlliedArmory
03-01-2010, 11:27 PM
i had a good time at the gun store as well.the only thing i didnt like was having them load and unload the firearm for me.

+1. but them being so heavily used by tourists, I see why it is the way it is.

Scratch705
03-01-2010, 11:42 PM
american shooters. the only place i goto shoot when i'm in vegas.

their facility just got a renovation so it is very clean, and nice. they have two locations, one in las vegas just off the strip and other in henderson. the henderson location has the new prisim shooting range which is a virtual reality system, kinda like how some LEOs train. where it plays a scenario, and you have to shoot the bad guys.

one downside... they seemed to have gotten rid of the kriss vector smg for rent. but their selection is fairly typical. m4, ak, mp5, tommygun, m1a, various pistols, and a few oddball stuff.

skkeeter
03-01-2010, 11:45 PM
Centermass was a great experience for me. They had 3-4 MP5's. One suppressed and 2 with different stocks. They all ran flawlessly.

40cal.
03-02-2010, 5:56 AM
American Shooters, nice place. Qualified for CCW there, very friendly.

TeamHamr
03-02-2010, 6:36 AM
I went to the gun store and asked a question about who makes transparent AR-15 mags. First thing out of their mouth was, can i see your I.D ? I did'nt ask them if i can buy, i just asked who make's them. I then said that i was looking into maybe taking some on deployment, the guy say's my unit would'nt let me take them. How does he know what i can and can't do in my unit. All in all not my favorite place to go.

I witnessed a couple of people that got kicked out of the Gun Store. It seems that they do not like it when you appear to know more about firearms than they do. This conversation consisted of the classic debate of direct inpingement vs. gas piston systems. Both sides were pretty evenly matched as to why the other side is more preferrable... The guys (younger) behind the counter sensing that they were getting no where with their points could not accept a view going against a gas piston system. They had no retort and really could not give enough of an argument to the positive other than the obvious points. So ultimately the darkhaired with glasses alphasalesman who just got butt hurt that someone rejects their idea, states "You dont know what youre talking about!" and told them to leave the store. I was needless to say stunned by his juvenile reaction. I thought this situation was a bit short sighted to treat customers in that way... I promptly put down the items that I was going to purchase, left the store, and have decided not to seek out that retail venue ever again.

Quiet
03-02-2010, 7:00 AM
I recommend American Shooters over The Gun Store.
Nicer staff and better facility.

cal3gunner
03-02-2010, 7:44 AM

HendersonDefense
03-02-2010, 8:07 AM
So my company is sponsoring a Vegas trip for us this weekend and a coworker and i want to hit up one of the ranges that offer the full auto feature for obvious giggles.

I've heard enough to stay away from the Gun Store but are there alternatives ?
I've done a google search but i haven't found anything about quality. I don't want to shoot a bunch of malfunctioning MP5s.

Thanks in advance!

I don't know if we have enough time to get this going but here is a list of weapons that we have available for rental.

The following weapons systems are available for instruction:

- PKM light machinegun
- M-60 light machinegun
- M240B light machinegun
- M249 Para light machinegun
- MG42 light machinegun
- MG3 light machinegun
- 1919A4 light machinegun
- AK47 select-fire
- AK74 select-fire
- PPsh41 select-fire
- SKS carbine
- PSL/Dragunov rifle
- HK91/G3 select-fire
- HK93/G33 select-fire
- HK MP5-SD select-fire
- HK MP5K select-fire
- HK UMP .40 select-fire
- Steyr MPi69 select-fire
- Steyr MPi81 select-fire
- IMI Uzi select-fire
- Swedish K/Carl Gustav select-fire
- Sten MkII select-fire
- Sten Mk III select-fire
- Sterling L2A3 select-fire
- M16 select-fire
- M1A1 Thompson select-fire
- M3 "grease gun" select-fire
- M2 carbine
- M11/9 select-fire
- MAC-10 select-fire

xibunkrlilkidsx
03-02-2010, 8:11 AM
Guns tore wasnt bad. loooooong wait time. but what do you expect on a weekend.

the 1st guy was kinda a jerk, but i guess witht he amount of idiots he gets in there you have to. he didnt like me being able to reload the rifles on my own and clear a jam on the MP5.

the 2nd guy was just a freaking spaz. talking about how they got the m249 from someone who wasw walkign down a beach at Pendleton and found it lying on the beach. Oh nice so your admitting to finding Gov property?

gunsnrovers
03-02-2010, 8:56 AM
I've been to this place (http://www.lasvegasgunrange.net/); it's off Blue Diamond as you come into town (down the street from Bass Pro.)

I've only bought stuff there, but they do rent full autos. As said above, these places can lighten your wallet. They said the average person will spend $100 dollars when renting full autos. As you can imagine, it only takes a couple of minutes to zip through that when you're blasting away on automatic.

A +1 for the Las Vegas Gun Range. My friend is a co-owner. Used to got there 2x a month when LV was in my sales territory. Sadly I don't get out there as often any more. :(

With the shear # of tourists and first time shooters renting full auto, they have no choice but to run the lines tight.

One of their options I know a lot of tourists like is to buy a store shirt, put it over your target, and shoot your shirt full of holes. A funky souvenir of the trip.

skkeeter
03-02-2010, 9:38 AM
All of the people that run the gun rentals are on edge about new people in the store. I asked them why, and they proceeded to tell me people rent the guns and then blow their own heads off. Expect a chilled reception, but they should warm up a bit after realizing you don't want top take your own life. Also, Centermass firearms had a real life simulator that lets you fire live rounds at a screen. It's like a movie with very tense situations going on and you have to determine who to kill and who not to shoot. It's called the Prism. This was about 3 years ago, so hopefully it's still there.

jchen76@gmail.com
03-02-2010, 11:27 AM
Get it out of your system. Went to Gun Store back in 2005, 50 bucks to shoot a AK47 in .223 and HK MP5. Two mags for each weapon.

If I ever shoot full auto again, it will be from a belt fed machine gun aiming at zombies.

xbolt338
03-02-2010, 12:35 PM
I don't know if we have enough time to get this going but here is a list of weapons that we have available for rental.

- PKM light machinegun
- M-60 light machinegun
- M240B light machinegun
- MG42 light machinegun
- MG3 light machinegun
- AK47 select-fire
- AK74 select-fire
- PPsh41 select-fire
- SKS carbine
- PSL/Dragunov rifle
- HK91/G3 select-fire
- HK93/G33 select-fire
- HK MP5-SD select-fire
- HK MP5K select-fire
- HK UMP .40 select-fire
- IMI Uzi select-fire
- Sten MkII select-fire
- M16 select-fire
- M2 carbine
- M11/9 select-fire
- MAC-10 select-fire

Henderson Defense is legit. I was at a shoot they put on over Thanksgiving weekend. Words can't explain the fun. If it works out for you, pay them visit.,:D

Skammy
03-02-2010, 12:45 PM

I've been there it was far far better then the gun store..!

thefurball
03-02-2010, 1:15 PM
The Gun Store is a great place if you don't mind the my-s**t-don't-stink attitude of certain of the employees.

I'm sure their mind set is that they get enough tourist business on the weekends that they don't have to care if they get repeat local customers or not.

Scratch705
03-02-2010, 2:22 PM

- PKM light machinegun
- M-60 light machinegun
- M240B light machinegun
- MG42 light machinegun
- MG3 light machinegun
- AK47 select-fire
- AK74 select-fire
- PPsh41 select-fire
- SKS carbine
- PSL/Dragunov rifle
- HK91/G3 select-fire
- HK93/G33 select-fire
- HK MP5-SD select-fire
- HK MP5K select-fire
- HK UMP .40 select-fire
- IMI Uzi select-fire
- Sten MkII select-fire
- M16 select-fire
- M2 carbine
- M11/9 select-fire
- MAC-10 select-fire

you guys have a range? oh shiz... i never knew that. i am so going to visit you guys the next time i'm in vegas then. i thought you guys were just a store....

HendersonDefense
03-02-2010, 7:30 PM
you guys have a range? oh shiz... i never knew that. i am so going to visit you guys the next time i'm in vegas then. i thought you guys were just a store....

We rent range space at the new Clark County Shooting Park and reserve rooms for weapons/safety briefing. Customer need to book MG shoot with the weapons that they want.

thanks,
Ron

nicoroshi
03-02-2010, 8:45 PM
I have been to the gun store twice. Both times a good experience.
The last time (2009) there were 4 of us that all did the "shoot the wall" package. Basically every full auto they have. We got our own range (separate from everyone else), and two very friendly ROs that kept the guns coming. After they realized we knew our guns they were relaxed, and a good time was had by all. They did however do all the loading, unloading for us though but that wasn't a big deal to me.

Madsen, and MP-40 (http://firingsquad.us/albums/Las-Vega-2009/Death_Scythe_with_Madsen_and_Stifler_Clause_openin g_up_with_MP_40.mov)
249 SAW (http://firingsquad.us/albums/Las-Vega-2009/Glum_with_249_SAW.mov)
AK-74u (http://firingsquad.us/albums/Las-Vega-2009/Nico_with_AK_74u.mov)
All weapons functioned flawless.

mswanson223
03-02-2010, 9:30 PM
I love that place!!

Milk
03-02-2010, 10:33 PM
We rent range space at the new Clark County Shooting Park and reserve rooms for weapons/safety briefing. Customer need to book MG shoot with the weapons that they want.

thanks,
Ron

I am definitely interested in this. Probably a bit too late to book anything this time but between my co workers and my wife, we'll have to do this ASAP.