PDA

View Full Version : Eotech XPS2 or Aimpoint ML3

dakobster81
03-01-2010, 3:04 PM
I originally wanted an Aimpoint ML3 but am having second thoughts. A guy offered me a brand new XPS2 for $400 OTD, which is a better price than I've seen anywhere. The main reason I preferred the Aimpoint was that it had more QD mounting options than the XPS2. The only ones I've seen are LaRue(which adds height and no room for a pivot magnifier) and GG&G which has a big ugly finger loop.

Which one do you guys think I should go with?

Booshanky
03-01-2010, 3:05 PM
I love my eotech. That's all I can say about it I guess.

dakobster81
03-01-2010, 3:10 PM
I love my eotech. That's all I can say about it I guess.

do u have mounted directly to your upper?

Booshanky
03-01-2010, 3:11 PM
do u have mounted directly to your upper?

I do, no QD for me. Although I am using the handscrew on it, not the allen screw. So I guess it's "QD" if you count being able to remove it with your fingers...

I just like the view from an eotech better than aimpoint. Maybe it's just cause I'm used to it, but they're both good sights. You can't really go wrong.

dakobster81
03-01-2010, 3:14 PM
I just like the view from an eotech better than aimpoint.

I think thats is what I need is to see the view, unfortunately i know no one with either one

Booshanky
03-01-2010, 3:32 PM
I think the only real way to do it is to find someone with the sight you want, on the type of gun you have, and just go shoot it. Hell, just hang out at any range and you're bound to run into a least one guy with an aimpoint or an eotech. And if there's one thing I've learned about gun people, it's that they're MORE than happy to let you shoot their guns if you just flatter them a bit. And frankly, it's pretty easy to flatter people if they've got sweet guns. Haha.

tomd1584
03-01-2010, 3:50 PM
:beatdeadhorse5::lurk5:

But seriously, if you can try both out, do that and then make your decision.

I found a used H-1 micro for $325 on M4carbine, bought a DD mount used for $50, and now have an awesome setup.

Booshanky
03-01-2010, 3:53 PM
Tom, if you find that deal again let me know.

Booshanky
03-01-2010, 3:54 PM
I think thats is what I need is to see the view, unfortunately i know no one with either one

Well, where do you live? I'm self-employed and I'm always up to hit the range. If you're in Socal, PM Me.

IrishPirate
03-01-2010, 3:55 PM
after my research i plan on getting an aimpoint....but i can't knock eotech at all....just a personal preference i guess

dakobster81
03-01-2010, 3:57 PM
Well, where do you live? I'm self-employed and I'm always up to hit the range. If you're in Socal, PM Me.

how many more times will this forum make me wish i was in socal? im in san jose

i cant sign up at arf, only have a yahoo email

tomd1584
03-01-2010, 3:57 PM
Tom, if you find that deal again let me know.

they pop up over there all the time. Guys 'upgrading' to T-1's. :cool:

KracknCorn
03-01-2010, 4:03 PM
I had a eotech and it was okay. Got tired of the push button activation and the weak battery life. I got a t-1 to replace it and it's a fantastic upgrade. The battery is just impossible to kill and I find it easier to get on target with just a dot.

Endless
03-01-2010, 4:06 PM
I am running an Eotech XPS on my KRISS and you cant get much better. I saw the Aimpoints and they are a great optic as well. I wouldnt say Aimpoints are an upgrade at all. I am running an ACOG that is twice the price of the Aimpoint and Eotech. That doesnt make it a better optic. I used to run Aimpoints and they had some issues back in the day and are better now. Same can be said with the Eotech. Depends on what you will be using it for.

dakobster81
03-01-2010, 4:46 PM
can anyone find pics of the view to help give me an idea, i know ive seen one around here somewhere

Booshanky
03-01-2010, 4:47 PM
You really need to feel it for yourself. No amount of explanation is going to help you.

EDIT: The basics is that the aimpoints tend to be more of a "tube" that you look down, while the eotech's are more of a "window". For this, you seem to sacrifice a lot of battery time.

I'd prefer to get the better FOV and store a few extra batteries in my gun.

Noah3683
03-01-2010, 5:06 PM
can anyone find pics of the view to help give me an idea, i know ive seen one around here somewhere
just got to youtube and search for it. there are videos that show the reticles for each

Agro
03-01-2010, 5:09 PM
I love my Eotech XPS2-0

Here are some photos for your viewing pleasure. Mounted on a LaRue mount. Disregard the fact that it doesn't look sighted in, that's because it wasn't (at that time, and is now)
http://www.farturator.com/amg/ar-15/eotech-1.jpg
http://www.farturator.com/amg/ar-15/eotech-2.jpg
http://www.farturator.com/amg/ar-15/ar15_m4_complete_1.jpg

Noah3683
03-01-2010, 5:14 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TF6fGJiXoNA

A comparison between the 2. not the xps2-0 but it will be the same reticle. Also the xps has some upgrades like the single battery turned sideways so recoil doesn't eventually effect the battery contacts over time like the previous eotechs were prone to. Eotech's are quite brighter than aimpoints too. helps if you live in bright areas like the high desert

dakobster81
03-01-2010, 5:41 PM

A comparison between the 2. not the xps2-0 but it will be the same reticle. Also the xps has some upgrades like the single battery turned sideways so recoil doesn't eventually effect the battery contacts over time like the previous eotechs were prone to. Eotech's are quite brighter than aimpoints too. helps if you live in bright areas like the high desert

good vid to see reticles

Smokinjoe101
03-01-2010, 6:11 PM
A guy offered me a brand new XPS2 for $400 OTD, which is a better price than I've seen anywhere.?

It would be a no-brainer XPS2 $400 OTD :eek: I paid over $500 for mine

you can use it and if you do not like it sell it for $450.

sj

tomd1584
03-01-2010, 6:22 PM

you sure about that? my H-1 on the highest setting is so bright i cant even look through it.

Noah3683
03-01-2010, 6:31 PM
my buddies comp m4 was nowhere near as bright as the eotech on another friend's. sun gets pretty bright at 4000+ feet elevation in the desert. we never got fully washed out by the sun, but sometimes it was quite difficult to pick up the dot. The eotech on the other hand was always easy to pick up. maybe it's mind perception because the eotech has the outer ring and maybe it makes it more visible. I like the design of the aimpoint better, but I like the reticle of the eotech and the visibility better. Plus i want close range capability with fairly precise shooting at a distance too. If aimpoint did a 1 moa dot inside a ring, I would take the aimpoint for sure. Although a 2moa dot would be sufficient for me I would still like the outer ring. different strokes for different folks i guess

Nessal
03-01-2010, 6:50 PM
The Aimpoints look better to me and having messed with both, I went with the Eotech because it works better for me.

aplinker
03-01-2010, 7:00 PM
my buddies comp m4 was nowhere near as bright as the eotech on another friend's. sun gets pretty bright at 4000+ feet elevation in the desert. we never got fully washed out by the sun, but sometimes it was quite difficult to pick up the dot. The eotech on the other hand was always easy to pick up. maybe it's mind perception because the eotech has the outer ring and maybe it makes it more visible. I like the design of the aimpoint better, but I like the reticle of the eotech and the visibility better. Plus i want close range capability with fairly precise shooting at a distance too. If aimpoint did a 1 moa dot inside a ring, I would take the aimpoint for sure. Although a 2moa dot would be sufficient for me I would still like the outer ring. different strokes for different folks i guess

top brightness setting on both won't wash out. I can look directly at a 150W bulb and still see the dot on a CompM4. I doubt you're anywhere near that brightness when looking out at the desert.

The battery life, weight, and ruggedness advantage goes to Aimpoint.

EOTech's reticle is nice and has a small speed advantage.

Running either properly (mounted forward, both eyes open) the window vs. tube effect is nullified.

If EOTech made a sight that didn't break I'd consider going back. Too new for the XPS, IMHO. The 5XX series has been all but abandoned, due to battery and electronic issues, by people who run them hard.

Noah3683
03-01-2010, 7:07 PM
top brightness setting on both won't wash out. I can look directly at a 150W bulb and still see the dot on a CompM4. I doubt you're anywhere near that brightness when looking out at the desert.

The battery life, weight, and ruggedness advantage goes to Aimpoint.

EOTech's reticle is nice and has a small speed advantage.

Running either properly (mounted forward, both eyes open) the window vs. tube effect is nullified.

If EOTech made a sight that didn't break I'd consider going back. Too new for the XPS, IMHO. The 5XX series has been all but abandoned, due to battery and electronic issues, by people who run them hard. Well i'm in the unfortunate situation right now, that the only way i'm allowed to replace my stolen eotech is buying one and spreading it out over 4 payments. Sportsman's Guide doesn't carry aimpoint, so I have no choice anyway. lol

HUND
03-01-2010, 7:46 PM
I don't want to sound stupid but what is the range on Aimpoint system ?
200yds

Or am i way off ... wrong system alltogeather

aplinker
03-01-2010, 7:59 PM
I don't want to sound stupid but what is the range on Aimpoint system ?
200yds

Or am i way off ... wrong system alltogeather

Maybe this image will help... an aimpoint will follow line of sight. The bullet will follow an arc.
http://www.frfrogspad.com/traj.gif

It will depend on the bullet's trajectory, size of target (required accuracy) and zero choice.

From a practical standpoint, with an RDS, a 50/200 zero will be effective on man-sized targets to 250yds.

J_Rock
03-01-2010, 8:07 PM

It sounds to me like you've never even held an aimpoint and all you're doing it is basing your OPINION off a crappy video and pictures. Also nutnfancy is the laughing stock of the serious use gun world. Lemme guess he chose the lightest optic :p

Turn an aimpoint on the highest setting and its blindingly bright.

HUND
03-01-2010, 8:09 PM
Awww .. so you adjust it to the target range.

My concern is getting a system that will put down a tight group at 200yds

A traditional scope would work but not something i realy want to put on my first AR

I went with a Del-Ton 16" M4 kit on a S&W lower

Thank for the help

J_Rock
03-01-2010, 8:12 PM

A traditional scope would work but not something i realy want to put on my first AR

Thank for the help

Red dot sights are typically set and forget it type sights. Most users will zero their optic at 50 yards so they will be slightly high at 100 yards and dead on again at ~200 yards.

Red dot sights are NOT percision optics. They for getting hits on human silhouettes quickly at generally close ranges

Noah3683
03-01-2010, 8:14 PM
It sounds to me like you've never even held an aimpoint and all you're doing it is basing your OPINION off a crappy video and pictures. Also nutnfancy is the laughing stock of the serious use gun world. Lemme guess he chose the lightest optic :p

Turn an aimpoint on the highest setting and its blindingly bright.

Actually I only posted that for him to see the different reticles. I have used both I prefer the aimpoint overall other than the reticle and brightness, in which I also said maybe the reticle of the eotech just makes it SEEM brighter to me.. Maybe you should read my posts a little more in depth before talking smack. I didn't watch the whole video simply looked for the reticle images, and I could care less which one you prefer I'm entitled to my own opinion. so thanks anyway

J_Rock
03-01-2010, 8:15 PM
Actually I only posted that for him to see the different reticles. I have used both I prefer the aimpoint overall other than the reticle and brightness. Maybe you should read my posts a little more in depth before talking smack. I didn't watch the whole video simply looked for the reticle images, and I could care less which one you prefer I'm entitled to my own opinion. so thanks anyway

So why spread false information about aimpoints being less bright and hard to see?

HUND
03-01-2010, 8:16 PM
I think I need to hang out at the range to check out both systems before i buy

Any out there that will do the job for around $300 ?
None that I have found so far

Thanks

tomd1584
03-01-2010, 8:16 PM

Thank for the help

tight groups @ 200 yards + del-ton 16" m4 kit = not gunna happen.

HUND
03-01-2010, 8:17 PM
Put'm on a paper plate at 200 ?

Noah3683
03-01-2010, 8:19 PM
So why spread false information about aimpoints being less bright and hard to see?

Like i said re READ the post. maybe that's just my eye perception because of the reticle differences. Our experience that day was the aimpoint was harder to see. So maybe pay attention before jumping down peoples throats. thanks

tomd1584
03-01-2010, 8:19 PM
Put'm on a paper plate at 200 ?

yes, but not "tight" groups. a 16" m4 kit is a "fighting" gun, not a precision rifle.

dakobster81
03-01-2010, 8:29 PM

Like i said re READ the post. maybe that's just my eye perception because of the reticle differences. Our experience that day was the aimpoint was harder to see. So maybe pay attention before jumping down peoples throats. thanks

shhhh...you guys are welcome to find another thread to argue with each other about it

HUND
03-01-2010, 8:35 PM
yes, but not "tight" groups. a 16" m4 kit is a "fighting" gun, not a precision rifle.

I agree but not ever having one let alone shoot one I just trying to get the idea of what to expect.

And find what everybody else is using for a sight system

Funny thing about AR's at least my local gun shops most places don't carry much .. and a few know a little.

This site and AR15.com has been a BIG help !

aplinker
03-01-2010, 9:37 PM
Shooting is a system and your accuracy will be determined by the worst piece of that system:
-rifle
-ammo
-optics
-shooter

RDS are not meant for grouping, but someone who can shoot will have no problem meeting the accuracy potential of surplus/plinker ammo (the biggest issue here) out to 150-200yds (about 3-4MOA).

If you want to shoot better than that... magnified optics, match ammo, better rifle.

dakobster81
03-02-2010, 12:00 AM
can anyone find a picture looking into an aimpoint micro? i want to compare the 4 MOA dot with the 2 MOA

xaaronx
03-02-2010, 12:04 AM
Aimpoint over EoTech all day everyday. EoTech is clown shoes.

Sarkoon
03-02-2010, 12:12 AM
What are the choices for a non-magnified optic that automatically adjusts the brightness of the reticle to surrounding lighting?

I know the Trijicon RMR (both the battery powered and the light-tube versions) automatically adjust their brightness. But what are some other options? Why don't Aimpoints and EOTechs have this feature? And why don't they charge themselves from solar power too? :)

aplinker
03-02-2010, 12:25 AM
can anyone find a picture looking into an aimpoint micro? i want to compare the 4 MOA dot with the 2 MOA

The picture would be absolutely meaningless. The blooming would create a dot much larger than in reality.

The Micro is closer to 3MOA (in shrinking from the dimensions of the CompM series, the projection size shrunk by the ratio of the lens diameters, which is about 3MOA).

If you want to see what they are, relatively, draw a circle 1.15mm in size and another 0.85mm. Put them on the floor. That's approximately the dot size.

What are the choices for a non-magnified optic that automatically adjusts the brightness of the reticle to surrounding lighting?

I know the Trijicon RMR (both the battery powered and the light-tube versions) automatically adjust their brightness. But what are some other options? Why don't Aimpoints and EOTechs have this feature? And why don't they charge themselves from solar power too? :)

It's a much more difficult problem than it seems. What happens when you're standing somewhere dark and your target is bright? Vice-versa? Then you have to add polarizers, etc. etc (most guys cover the coils to bring brightness down, too). It's much easier to just turn a knob.

Aimpoint batteries last as long as the shelf life (5+yrs). I don't see any need for solar power. More electronics means more failure points. Simple and durable is the name of the game with combat optics.

xounlistedxox
03-02-2010, 12:33 AM
[/QUOTE]If EOTech made a sight that didn't break I'd consider going back. Too new for the XPS, IMHO. The 5XX series has been all but abandoned, due to battery and electronic issues, by people who run them hard.[/QUOTE]

A firearms shop local to me has an eotech that they shot with a .223 on purpose right through the lenses(f&r). You can turn it on while in shop and you can make the reticle out just fine. They claim it held zero perfectly. I was not there, so I cannot attest to the zero, but I can tell you that eotech still turned on and you could make out the reticle with a bullet hole through both sides of glass. If that does not spell durability I don't know what would. I have never seen an aimpont with a bullet hole through it, so I cannot tell you how that would work out either.

That said I use eotechs on all of my shorty builds. I really like the eotech reticle and the wide field of vision at long range with only one eye open. This is good for killing all of the alien zombie ninja's with aimpoints

aplinker
03-02-2010, 1:00 AM
Durability means they hold up, day after day, under use in the field. EOTechs, time and again, have not done this.

I'm really glad you like your EOTechs, and that the one in that shop turns on, but mine wouldn't and I did nothing like shooting it. If you understood how the EOTech worked you'd realize just what a useless test that was of "durability."

I've personally had two EOTech failures. One had switch issues - intermittently and randomly switching into NV mode (the buttons are a pain in the freaking *** to work with anyways) and wouldn't switch out of it. the other would turn off on its own.

There are documented issues and a recall on the original 5XX series due to what they claim are battery compartment issues, but I know several people that have had theirs "repaired" and they still have issues.

I've lost faith - and I was once a big EOTech proponent.

If EOTech made a sight that didn't break I'd consider going back. Too new for the XPS, IMHO. The 5XX series has been all but abandoned, due to battery and electronic issues, by people who run them hard.

A firearms shop local to me has an eotech that they shot with a .223 on purpose right through the lenses(f&r). You can turn it on while in shop and you can make the reticle out just fine. They claim it held zero perfectly. I was not there, so I cannot attest to the zero, but I can tell you that eotech still turned on and you could make out the reticle with a bullet hole through both sides of glass. If that does not spell durability I don't know what would. I have never seen an aimpont with a bullet hole through it, so I cannot tell you how that would work out either.

That said I use eotechs on all of my shorty builds. I really like the eotech reticle and the wide field of vision at long range with only one eye open. This is good for killing all of the alien zombie ninja's with aimpoints

xounlistedxox
03-02-2010, 9:07 AM
So far a couple of my friends and myself run EoTechs without any problems at all. I've never owned an aimpoint, so I cannot speak on them other than I have checked them out in the stores. I purchased my first eotech mainly because of the reticle and it's supposed magical powers to get you on target faster and because I saw the one with the bullet hole in it. I'm sure there is good reason why many people choose aimpoints over eotech and vice versa. It's yet another ford vs. chevy, glock vs. 1911, AR vs. AK type debate. I would say get what you prefer as either of them will do what you need. I am somewhat biased because I only own EoTechs. I have been thinking of checking out one of the aimpoint micros on one of my future builds.
One of the reasons I stayed away from aimpoints like the comp series was because most of the mounts I kept seeing looked like if you somehow dropped your weapon and it landed on the optic your mount would break(if it actually would or not I have no idea), but the mounts for the micros look a heck of a lot more solid than any comp mounts I've seen.

dhawkins
03-02-2010, 9:49 AM
As an FYI- GG&G will be producing an QD accucam/lens covers for the XPS. This is a great mounting system IMO as it doesn't elevate the optic like the LaRue rail.

As far as which one you should go with....try 'em if you can. I have 2 T-1s, 2 XPSs, and 2 Comp ML3s. They are all great and have different strengths, which have been reviewed way too many times in these threads.

Juice5610
03-02-2010, 10:02 AM
You really need to feel it for yourself. No amount of explanation is going to help you.

EDIT: The basics is that the aimpoints tend to be more of a "tube" that you look down, while the eotech's are more of a "window". For this, you seem to sacrifice a lot of battery time.

I'd prefer to get the better FOV and store a few extra batteries in my gun.

A better FOV? How bad can it be if you have both eyes open? lol Aimpint FTW!!! I've seen vids of an instructor take off his aimpoint and throw it downrange then throw it back and put it back on and before he started the class he asked everyone with eotechs to do the same... needless to say everyone with eotechs took a step back... I'll look for the vid.

Juice5610
03-02-2010, 10:07 AM
So far a couple of my friends and myself run EoTechs without any problems at all. I've never owned an aimpoint, so I cannot speak on them other than I have checked them out in the stores. I purchased my first eotech mainly because of the reticle and it's supposed magical powers to get you on target faster and because I saw the one with the bullet hole in it. I'm sure there is good reason why many people choose aimpoints over eotech and vice versa. It's yet another ford vs. chevy, glock vs. 1911, AR vs. AK type debate. I would say get what you prefer as either of them will do what you need. I am somewhat biased because I only own EoTechs. I have been thinking of checking out one of the aimpoint micros on one of my future builds.
One of the reasons I stayed away from aimpoints like the comp series was because most of the mounts I kept seeing looked like if you somehow dropped your weapon and it landed on the optic your mount would break(if it actually would or not I have no idea), but the mounts for the micros look a heck of a lot more solid than any comp mounts I've seen.

Larue FTW

evidens83
03-02-2010, 10:10 AM
My Chevy is better than your Ford :p

dakobster81
03-02-2010, 10:38 AM
im starting to dig these aimpoint micros

Juice5610
03-02-2010, 11:43 AM
My Chevy is better than your Ford :p

my ram is better then your chevy :D

Noah3683
03-02-2010, 12:31 PM
my tundra is ....... oh wait. lol (btw I don't own one just sounded fun to say)

Booshanky
03-02-2010, 1:56 PM
A better FOV? How bad can it be if you have both eyes open? lol Aimpint FTW!!! I've seen vids of an instructor take off his aimpoint and throw it downrange then throw it back and put it back on and before he started the class he asked everyone with eotechs to do the same... needless to say everyone with eotechs took a step back... I'll look for the vid.

Well if you buy that kind of machismo, then I think you've made the right choice.

I've had a lot of good experience with my eotech. Ymmv.

aplinker
03-02-2010, 2:15 PM
Well if you buy that kind of machismo, then I think you've made the right choice.

I've had a lot of good experience with my eotech. Ymmv.

everyone swings their dick around on occasion...

BOO - just some suggestions on your technique (and it's relevant), from that picture: square up (make your shoulders and rifle perpendicular). Seat the rifle deeper into your shoulder (both lower and further in). This will allow you to absorb more of the recoil. It will also allow you to square your head (less cockeyed) and have better vision of what's in front of you. Most people shoot with RDS the way they shoot with scopes and irons.

I had lots of good experiences with my EOTechs until the day I didn't. It's the nature of defects. The number of people that have had issues with EOs puts their reliability in serious question.

AM9000
03-02-2010, 2:28 PM
For faster target acquisition, I prefer the Eotech with the circle dot.

If you need the most robust, heavy duty design... go for the Aimpoint. They are bomb proof.

I own both. Use both. Love both.

dakobster81
03-02-2010, 3:13 PM
ive heard the reliabilty issues have been fixed with the newer XPS, the older ones had an issue where after constant jarring the battery connections wouldnt touch properly and would kill the power

xaaronx
03-02-2010, 3:35 PM
If you absolutely NEED that EoTech reticle, go for it. But the Aimpoint is by far a better investment. IMO, I absolutely would not trust an EoTech on a HD rifle, or any rifle I would depend on for defense. Battery life sucks, and its a fragile piece of equipment compared to an Aimpoint. Also, it is butt *** ugly. I have neither, but have used both extensively. I do have a Trijicon Tripower I got from a Calgunner, and this thing is literally a brick of aluminum that Im sure is indestructible, and does not depend on batteries or electronics. Its amazing.

JBird33
03-02-2010, 4:26 PM
The battery life on EOTechs doesn't suck, I wish people would quit saying that. It sucks badly compared to an Aimpoint's, which you can set and forget...but still it isn't bad. I keep a couple extra AA's in the grip of my rifle :)

To each their own, I like both sighting systems, but prefer EOTech myself.

technique
03-02-2010, 4:36 PM
ive heard the reliabilty issues have been fixed with the newer XPS, the older ones had an issue where after constant jarring the battery connections wouldnt touch properly and would kill the power

In theory, but the XPS hasn't been out long enough to say yet.

I prefer the Aimpoint over Eo. I have had to send two separate Eo's back to L3 on 2 separate occasions. I had to pay more than $50 each time.
I have never had to send any of the Aimpoints back, but if I do ever need to, Aimpoint fixes on them.
Battery life is another reason.

Henry Hill
03-02-2010, 5:44 PM
Quick Question
What kind of shooting would you guys do with an Eotech and 5x magnifier? Would you use this setup/expect this set up to work well (1-2 MOA groups) for 100 - 200 yards ?

HUND
03-02-2010, 5:50 PM
Quick Question
What kind of shooting would you guys do with an Eotech and 5x magnifier? Would you use this setup/expect this set up to work well (1-2 MOA groups) for 100 - 200 yards ?

Great question , because that is what I'd like to get out of my AR M4

Noah3683
03-02-2010, 5:52 PM
Great question , because that is what I'd like to get out of my AR M4

My buddy's gets between 1-2 moa with a 3x magnifier so yes

HUND
03-02-2010, 6:00 PM
Newbie here ... MOA ?

Thanks

Booshanky
03-02-2010, 6:01 PM
everyone swings their dick around on occasion...

BOO - just some suggestions on your technique (and it's relevant), from that picture: square up (make your shoulders and rifle perpendicular). Seat the rifle deeper into your shoulder (both lower and further in). This will allow you to absorb more of the recoil. It will also allow you to square your head (less cockeyed) and have better vision of what's in front of you. Most people shoot with RDS the way they shoot with scopes and irons.

I had lots of good experiences with my EOTechs until the day I didn't. It's the nature of defects. The number of people that have had issues with EOs puts their reliability in serious question.

Are you talking about the picture I have as my avatar? I was just goofing off in my office when I took it, not actually shooting.

That's not to say that I have great form by any means. I think I hunch a bit too much when I shoot, but it's a little different. Check out the photos of me and Radioburning shooting up at angeles and you can see a better example of my shooting style. Or those videos I posted the other day.

-Mark

aplinker
03-02-2010, 6:05 PM
Are you talking about the picture I have as my avatar? I was just goofing off in my office when I took it, not actually shooting.

That's not to say that I have great form by any means. I think I hunch a bit too much when I shoot, but it's a little different. Check out the photos of me and Radioburning shooting up at angeles and you can see a better example of my shooting style. Or those videos I posted the other day.

-Mark

ok, good, cause that's some ****ed up form in your pic. :D I didn't want to be, yano, mean. :)

ArkinDomino
03-02-2010, 6:42 PM
I had an Eotech XPS but I sold it and kept the T1 cuz its "teh leet". :43:

The T1 had a more solid feel to it on the larue mount and it just felt better for me.

Henry Hill
03-02-2010, 7:28 PM
My buddy's gets between 1-2 moa with a 3x magnifier so yes

At what distances? Over 100yards?

Noah3683
03-02-2010, 7:34 PM
At what distances? Over 100yards?

Probably only about to 150 yds so far, but I'm sure 200 is attainable. certainly with a 5x magnifier. We were limited by clear line of sight for anything farther in the location we were at. Going to a different area saturday, hopefully we can test it more, but it will probably be more towards the 2 moa at that point. Non free floated with a lot of crap on it, and the gripod isn't always so stable

Casual Observer
03-02-2010, 8:34 PM
Newbie here ... MOA ?

Thanks

MOA = minute of angle.

It's a complex calculation that reflects the accuracy of a weapon, but generally refers to the number of inches encircling a multi-shot group at a known distance.

So, for example:

1 MOA = 1in group at 100yds, 2in. group at 200yds, 3in group at 300yds, etc.

2 MOA = 2in group at 100yds, 4in group at 200yds, and so on.

As I said, it's a fairly complex calculation that roughly correlates to those measurements.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

dakobster81
03-02-2010, 9:49 PM
i think i am sold on the micro, darn u plinker!:banghead:

aplinker
03-02-2010, 10:09 PM
My favorite dealer just got shut down by Aimpoint for 90 days because they were selling them for too little.

The best deals are now the Botach (read the thread so you understand what you're getting) or with a bing.com discount on eBay through SmartGunner.

Smokinjoe101
03-03-2010, 6:49 AM
I would have to say I have been pleased with my XPS performance so far. I also shoot sporting clays and shoot with both eyes open and do the same with the XPS.

sj

pacrimguru
03-03-2010, 7:45 AM
i have an xps2 and t-1. the eotech is the same as other eotechs that i've used, just this one takes up less real estate on your rail. the aimpoint vs. eotech arguement will go on forever but i'll say this. i'm an aimpoint guy and i love the t-1 and h-1 micros the most. but under timed drills, i am a split second faster with the eotech. in the end, i would still choose a t-1 based on battery life, weight, and overall size.

dakobster81
03-03-2010, 8:50 AM
ya i wasnt trying to start a whole aimpoint vs eotech debate, I should have just put a dead horse in the OP, I was just looking for more specific feedback on the XPS and if it has fixed it's issues and how it is stacking up with the aimpoints, and more specifically the ML3, I got some good info tho so thanks everyone!