PDA

View Full Version : Anyone know the accuracy potential for a BCM Middy?

civilsnake
03-01-2010, 3:43 PM
My current upper is a chromelined BCM 16in, not the CHF barrel currently being produced. It's floating inside a VTAC tube.

Anyone know what this upper is capable of using match ammo/handloading? If I pick up a bipod, good glass and trigger, what precision is this thing really capable of at 500 yards?

I figure I should ask before I drop coin for another upper that may only be marginally better.

FMJBT
03-01-2010, 4:53 PM
My current upper is a chromelined BCM 16in, not the CHF barrel currently being produced. It's floating inside a VTAC tube.

Anyone know what this upper is capable of using match ammo/handloading? If I pick up a bipod, good glass and trigger, what precision is this thing really capable of at 500 yards?

I figure I should ask before I drop coin for another upper that may only be marginally better.

Only one way to find out. Scope that sucker and run some match grade through it. Even with a standard trigger you should get some indication of accuracy. Chrome lined barrels are kind of hit or miss concerning accuracy. Some are just good for blasting, others are comprable in accuracy to quality stainless steel barrels. Even barrels from the same manufacturer can show large differences in accuracy potential.

aplinker
03-01-2010, 7:19 PM
Yup, you never know until you shoot it.

I would say I'd be very surprised if it didn't do at least as well as 1.5MOA.

civilsnake
03-01-2010, 7:39 PM
Well Hel, sounds like I need to put some glass on that mother and see what happens!