PDA

View Full Version : S&W M&P 15 OR .223 rifle at Turners

Esquire
03-01-2010, 2:25 PM
http://www.turners.com/engage/displayads.php

Help me decide. I'm new to the AR scene. I have a bunch of newbie questions.

I went to the store and handled the rifle. Bullet button. Very nice looking and to hold. Is this good price? If I plan on mounting a scope, do I need to buy back up iron sights, or is that waste of money? Are backup sights usable while the scope is mounted? How does it compare to Stag? Turners said bullet-button Stags are coming in soon. Is the front rail you see a gas block rail or forearm rail?

Esquire
03-02-2010, 6:05 PM
:gene:

aplinker
03-02-2010, 6:29 PM
The price is a little high, but not horrible.

No, you don't need BUIS. I'd put the quality just above Stag, but the price difference doesn't justify the quality difference.

For the same money I'd build a BCM.

RT13
03-02-2010, 6:39 PM
Does BCM sell fully assembled AR's? I am thinking about the Stag for a budget AR or BCM.

HUND
03-02-2010, 6:48 PM
I'm with Aplinker

About the same price up here in NoCal

That's why I went with a kit from Del-Ton

I started off with a S&W M&P15 stripped lower

This way I can get some optics and ammo for starters ...

I figure I can alway upgrade or start a new build down the road with all the goodies for much more

aplinker
03-02-2010, 6:51 PM
Yes, through G&R Tactical, but you're better off building the lower (very easy) as you'll save the 10% FET.

ZombieTactics
03-02-2010, 6:53 PM
I like the S&W ARs ... they's purrrrdy.

Esquire
03-02-2010, 6:59 PM
aPlinker's valuation is a sound one. The Turners MP15 is rather expensive and lacks the iron sights I want. Aftermarket sights alone would have added extra $100.
I decided to pursue other options. I'm glad I did not put down the deposit (for the waiting list) on impulse. Thanks for the inputs.

tempdrummer
03-02-2010, 10:37 PM
It's MUCH more fun to put together your own. You get your exact specs you want and save money.

KING_PALM
03-02-2010, 11:18 PM
It's MUCH more fun to put together your own. You get your exact specs you want and save money.

this x2

Trendkill
03-03-2010, 12:03 AM
The price is a little high, but not horrible.

No, you don't need BUIS. I'd put the quality just above Stag, but the price difference doesn't justify the quality difference.

For the same money I'd build a BCM.

Listen to this man.....

Ive had a few BCM rifles...and just built another one.

It's about a 1000-1100 dollar build with troy made BUIS , phantom muzzle device , FA MP HP tested bolt , 1/7 twist CL barrel...etc etc etc.

I got my BCM complete lower from Grant (at GandRtactical.com) for 350....and the transfer was 50 bucks.

I ordered the upper w/ BCG and CH for 570.00...then I added the Troy made flip rear BCM sight for 119.

Done deal.

Thats 1090.00 out the door for a rifle that is arguably on par with colt.

Of course I added the Omega rail too...but thats an extra.

Build a BCM and dont look back.