PDA

View Full Version : I need a middleman FFL. Who do you like?

bronco1500
03-01-2010, 9:29 AM
I recently had a negative experience with an calguns vendor/FFL that goes by the name Freakshow10mm. I dont want to go over it again. ( Use the search feature if your interested....lots there about him)

Anyways, I am in need of a *QUALITY* middle man FFL to convert for Ca. legal, then a re-ship. Standard Middleman ffl stuff. This will be for a ak Draco pistol. I am eligible for exemption from the Ca approved list so the gun does not need to be converted to a single shot. It does need to have a "bullet button" type device installed.

So...Who do you guys recommend?

Your help in this matter is greatly appreciated.

(double post in the handgun forum for greater # of responses)

Rekrab
03-01-2010, 9:34 AM
This might save you some time: http://shop.hendersondefense.biz/product.sc?productId=268&categoryId=17

Edit: of course, this is only put up there if you haven't bought your Draco already. >.>

AJAX22
03-01-2010, 9:39 AM
I know it may not make me popular here, but freakshow has always come through for me, and I had him do some really bizzare and cutting edge stuff that nobody would touch..
Granted I'm not in any hurry with anything... So Im not able to comment on any of that...but he did get me what I needed when no one else would..

Just my opinion so takebit for what it's worth..

Anyway just wanted to comment

ke6guj
03-01-2010, 9:49 AM
freakshow posted that he is no longer doing middleman transfers, due to the blowup from the ammo fiasco. http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=274216

And, hte OP mentioned that he already had a bad experience with Freakshow. http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=273758 and http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=274457

OP, look at this list, AFAIK, they are all good guys. http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?p=2876619#post2876619

AJAX22
03-01-2010, 9:52 AM
Thanks for the update

That kinda sucks.... I Hope he'll make exceptions for "special projects"

freakshow10mm
03-02-2010, 7:11 AM
Try Henderson or Quentin Laser. Henderson will have quicker service as I've gotten a lot of business off of Quentin Laser because he won't answer his phone or return emails, etc for two weeks or longer, then they call me. Go with Henderson over QL.

joefrank64k
03-02-2010, 8:38 AM
Henderson all the way! MAJOR supporter of California gunnies...got my M76, WASR-10, and Draco from them. Great prices and shipping is quick.

Yes, it'll be a single-shot but that's easy (and cheap) to fix, of course. :D

Flux Capacitor
03-02-2010, 3:10 PM
Thunderbird Armory. Fast. Very Fast

Josh3239
03-02-2010, 3:46 PM
Chris at LAN World is great.

03-02-2010, 4:39 PM
... This will be for a ak Draco pistol. ...

Buy directly from Henderson Defense. They have Draco in stock. If not, they're good middleman.

EMT John
03-02-2010, 5:24 PM
Golden state tactical.

HkFan416
03-02-2010, 7:54 PM
Golden state tactical.

Haha, not a middle man ;) But great service though

Precision Sports
03-02-2010, 10:53 PM
I'm going to post this response below as a member suggested I should. I've had a lot of questions about "middle man" services and if I'm interested. I am new to Cal Guns and have made several sale the past week and you guys should start to see some positive feedback in the immediate near future. I'm in the process of working with moderators to achieve vendor status, and look forward to ongoing contributions to support this great site. All of you on here are doing an awesome thing, and I wish every state had a forum setup like you guys do. It's really refreshing to see members help each other out and be a great resource to the entire firearms community.

** Please do not take my response below personal or as being anti California, I just had to put this out as I've had numerous questions. **

Thanks again for the heads up about member bronco1500 post looking for assistance, I have to talk to the owner about this, I've had others emails asking the same questions. A few guys don't get where I'm coming from, we are a large store 1100+ Rifles and pistols in stock and gunsmithing, hell we build and sell machine guns, silencers the whole shabang. Here is my issue, I sell DRACO pistols in store for $385 out the door, and sold a few to CA guys for $425 shipped with the solar tactical mag lock and sled mag. In fact I have 8 AK pistols coming, 5 of which are spoken for. I'm guessing this guy paid a similar price and now because of a dealer issue needs someone out of state to install a mag lock and reship it. My main issue is having it shipped here, Install a $25 solar tactical mag lock on it, which we both know takes two minutes top and turn around and ship it. How much can I charge a guy to do that??? The bigger issue I have to book into my system the receiving of the firearm from the "third party" dealer on our end, then turn around and book it in the CA DOJ on-line system, box and ship. I guess my dilemma has been is this worth my time??? My boss is going to say we sell those here and why would someone buy that elsewhere? I'd feel bad charging the guy $100 for something I could have sold him and shipped for less money by the time mods are done. The bigger issue is the liability, and here is what I see happening "third party" ships item to us, I add mag lock /bullet button whatever required, ship it out, guy receives it and scratch on it or something not rite, then the question is who scratched it? Did it arrive to us the way? Then I'm on the hook and locally we have a great reputation for taking care of our customers, as I hope to achieve the same status on Cal Guns. So in the scenario above I'd probably say F... It and replace it, then my boss is going to say WTF! I assure you had we scratched something on our end that was our sale, it should NEVER go out. In the event it does I'll eat shipping back to me and fix the problem ASAP! And whoever shipped it out on my end will have a nice little sit down talk, we do things once and we do them rite. These kind of errors frustrate me and more importantly the customer, and I'll do my damndess to insure this will not happen. Big picture, screw up's and mishaps will happen, those who say they don't are liars. These are things that happen to all businesses, the difference is how they are handled.

I'd like to give this guy a "Bro" favor and help him out, I just need to talk to my boss and explain to him what guys want. I just know how he thinks, and my *** will get chewed out when guys from CA are calling the shop and saying it should cost $25 to install a bullet button because it take 30 seconds and I'll give you $25-50 for doing it. Like I said above we have are own inventory and no problems getting you guys whatever you want. I hope to really develop a good relationship with Cal Gunners and avoid this by saying just come to us and we will give you a fair price and great customer service. I've gotten a few calls and emails saying I saw this on Gunbroker for that, and my response on some of that stuff is great! Do you want to drive or should I, lets go pick it up? Always going to be "deals" on gunbroker, dealer may be hurting and dumping inventory to meet payroll or other hardships, if that is the case go buy from them. If they won't or more likely can't ship to CA then I'm sorry, we pay money to be able to ship into California. And like I said before we have a full staff, gunsmithing, quick turnaround. I'm all for giving guys deals, but guys need to realize I'm in business, I'm not just some guy on gunbroker undercutting everyone to make a buck.

I'd like to help guys out, but I have to treat this like a business and keep everyone happy so long term this will work for our shop and you guys.

Thanks,
Max Runge
www.precisionsportsoshkosh.com
Maxdram@precisionsportsoshkosh.com
Precision Sports
4717 State Road 44
Oshkosh WI 54904
Ph. 920-233-2274
Fax 920-233-2257

bronco1500
03-03-2010, 10:48 AM
Max, thanks for your post. I cant speak for others...but I think most of the arms that would be getting a mag lock device look *better* with a few scratches on em. Maybe its me, maybe most of my arms have scratches on em from being used. If I got an arm with a small scratch on it I wouldnt care..it would be the first of many!

Good luck to you and your vendor status.

lavgrunt
03-03-2010, 1:53 PM
Thunderbird Armory. Fast. Very Fast

+1 for Matt at Thunderbird !!

Here ya go:

http://www.thunderbirdarmory.com/aboutuscontactus.htm