PDA

View Full Version : New AR w/ old High Cap Mags

louie
03-01-2010, 6:53 AM
Someone asked me, if I have one of the new AR type rifles, but have mags from the old days, can you put a high cap in a new style AR? I don't know, but figured since this is CA probably not. Many may have dumped or taken their AK and AR rifles out of state, but what if they left their grandfatthered mags here??? Thanks in advance!

Ding126
03-01-2010, 6:57 AM
If you have a NEW AR without a pistol grip, no flash hider as in a featurless..then you can use your pre ban mags

Please refer to flow chart

elrcastor
03-01-2010, 7:04 AM
http://www.calguns.net/caawid/flowchart.pdf

The Director
03-01-2010, 8:22 AM
From the old days? Like from when people got around in wagons and fended off Indians?

CSACANNONEER
03-01-2010, 8:46 AM
From the old days? Like from when people got around in wagons and fended off Indians?

No, I think he means from the time before the pilgrams.

MoBait
03-01-2010, 10:24 AM
Don't mean to thread jack but with my limited literacy, I have interpreted the flow chart saying a mini 14 with legally aquired 20-30 round magazines is not a violation of PC. Is my interpretation incorrect?

quick draw mcgraw
03-01-2010, 10:28 AM
Don't mean to thread jack but with my limited literacy, I have interpreted the flow chart saying a mini 14 with legally aquired 20-30 round magazines is not a violation of PC. Is my interpretation incorrect?

You are correct sir. So long as you have not replaced the rifle stock with a pistol grip and do not have any other "evil features" on it such as a vertical fore grip and such you are free to use your legally acquired hi-cap magazines.

The Director
03-01-2010, 10:29 AM
No, I think he means from the time before the pilgrams.

lolz!

CEDaytonaRydr
03-01-2010, 10:29 AM

That would depend on the configuration of the mini-14 but it is certainly possible, yes...

aplinker
03-01-2010, 12:08 PM
http://wiki.calgunsfoundation.org/index.php/Large-capacity_magazine_restrictions

A1BigTuna
03-04-2010, 8:21 AM
Let me know if my thinking is prudent (maybe not necessary) if I take my 1985 Mini-14 with standard stock, no flash suppressor, all that stuff to a range, and then seems to me that I will stay under the radar by taking just 10 rd mags, just to keep any "wantabe Johnny Law" from just trying to yank my chain. I don't really need a 30 rd mag to shoot at paper. Are any of you out there thinking like me, even though it can be done?

Sniper3142
03-04-2010, 8:30 AM
Let me know if my thinking is prudent (maybe not necessary) if I take my 1985 Mini-14 with standard stock, no flash suppressor, all that stuff to a range, and then seems to me that I will stay under the radar by taking just 10 rd mags, just to keep any "wantabe Johnny Law" from just trying to yank my chain. I don't really need a 30 rd mag to shoot at paper. Are any of you out there thinking like me, even though it can be done?

NEVER!

I never worry about "Johnny Law" or anyone else at the range. All my stuff (including my 30 round mags) are totally legal. I'm not frightened or intimidated by anyone.