View Full Version : some good.........and not so good.

02-28-2010, 6:02 PM
well i picked up my new xd 40 sc today. shot 30 rounds through it with no problems like i anticipated. i love it!!
i brought it home to clean it up, and while doing so found that one of my magazines looked pretty used:mad:. i shot my full size mag twice and my small mag once. my full size mag looks brand new the small one not so much.
i dont believe the gun has been used before the sale because it didnt show hardly any wear signs when i inspected it the day of the dros. also, the date on the fired shell that comes with it was fired in december so the gun isnt very old.
am i crazy or does it look a little too used for 9 rds? this is a indoor range/gun store. i dont want to be a pita but i feel like i should have two NEW mags. what do you guys think? sorry for the length.

02-28-2010, 10:28 PM
no comments?

02-28-2010, 10:56 PM
sometimes these magazines sit in the warehouse in a big box for a while, are you suggesting someone was shooting your gun during the wait period? I find it unlikely and you just got a magazine from springfield that had been sitting around for a while.....

02-28-2010, 11:18 PM
i dont think the gun was fired. its just the magazine has alot of wear, even the follower looks worn. the other mag it came with looks pristine. probably just being over paranoid. guess it gives me an excuse to buy a few extra

03-01-2010, 1:45 AM
mine sure dont look like that. mines a 9mm though

03-01-2010, 9:31 AM
Ive bought NIB Springfield XD45 mags and took them out of the factory plastic with marks all over the outside of the mag body. I wouldnt sweat it too much.

03-01-2010, 10:47 AM
It looks like it's dirty. That store you got it from didn't keep it very clean. A good wipe down and it should work fine. You can check if your pistol's fired by checking for wear on the finish from the barrel. An used mag will have marks from wear like so: