PDA

View Full Version : +1 to Aegis Firearms in Burbank.

1911su16b870
02-28-2010, 4:20 PM
Fellow calgunner belladonna turned me on to this little shop in Burbank for a calguns trade we just completed. They are OLL/AR friendly and are a small shop with friendly folks. They're just starting up after taking over from the old owners.

Aegis Trading Enterprises, LLC
1313 West Magnolia Blvd
Burbank, CA 91506
818-972-9038

a +1 to them for an easy FFL transfer. If you are in the area check them out!

Lucky Scott
02-28-2010, 6:47 PM
I stopped by there a couple weeks ago, really nice friendly people working there. No attitude at all, just happy friendly folks.

munkeeboi
02-28-2010, 6:51 PM
How do they feel about black rifles and what are their out of state transfer fees?

devilinblack
02-28-2010, 7:20 PM
They told me it was $100 to receive mailorders. They do lack the attitude and seem like good people. I just did a PPT there and other than the one guy not having great muzzle awareness while carrying around the gun everything was good.

Their new parts selection is slightly lacking, but hopefully that will grow after they've been around for a bit.

1911su16b870
02-28-2010, 8:28 PM
How do they feel about black rifles and what are their out of state transfer fees?

They have uppers and lowers in stock.

tomd1584
02-28-2010, 9:07 PM
They have uppers and lowers in stock.

all I saw were a few Del-Ton uppers that looked used, for about $675. I say used, cuz one of them in the case had a Bolt Carrier that looked beat to ****.

i was there on Thursday, and seemed like the same old place. didnt get bad service, but overheard some incorrect stuff.

A guy came in asking if his son could bring a handgun he bought while living in Arizona into CA. they asked what kind, and it was not on the Handgun Roster so they said "NO, its illegal. If its not on the approved list, you cant bring it here"

He then asked about blocking the high-cap 'clips' to 10 rounds, and they said he cant do that, and that the mags have to be left out of state.

I was really hoping i'd found a new place to go instead of Gun World, but their selection isnt good at all.

I guess i have to keep Window shopping at Gun World.:mad:

Deal
02-28-2010, 10:48 PM
Wow, I read this title wrong.

I thought I read "Shoot out at Aegis Firearms in Burbank."

brassburnz
02-28-2010, 11:38 PM
Is this the old Stevevson's?

mydogsmonkey
03-01-2010, 12:35 AM
Is this the old Stevevson's?

yup

1911su16b870
03-01-2010, 10:04 AM
all I saw were a few Del-Ton uppers that looked used, for about $675. I say used, cuz one of them in the case had a Bolt Carrier that looked beat to ****.

i was there on Thursday, and seemed like the same old place. didnt get bad service, but overheard some incorrect stuff.

A guy came in asking if his son could bring a handgun he bought while living in Arizona into CA. they asked what kind, and it was not on the Handgun Roster so they said "NO, its illegal. If its not on the approved list, you cant bring it here"

He then asked about blocking the high-cap 'clips' to 10 rounds, and they said he cant do that, and that the mags have to be left out of state.

I was really hoping i'd found a new place to go instead of Gun World, but their selection isnt good at all.

I guess i have to keep Window shopping at Gun World.:mad:

Sorry to hear about your so-so experience. It was a bit of a drive north for me and I figure its a good thing to have another gun shop in your neighborhood. Remember the calguns sweet and gentle de-FUD-ification process for your local shop! Support your local shop as much as possible and reasonable is a good thing.

Even some of the bigger well know shops have some remnant FUD in there now and then :D

Dirtbiker
03-01-2010, 10:16 AM
Wow, I read this title wrong.

I thought i read "Shoot out to Aegis Firearms in Burbank."

I saw the same thing at first :eek:

1911su16b870
03-01-2010, 12:05 PM
ETA: Changed title from "Shout Out" to +1 :D Too much "shoot out" traffic :eek:

djleisure
03-01-2010, 1:17 PM
I'll have to check 'em out, but I gotta tell yah, the $100 for out-of-state (or non-PPT) transfers is pretty bad. Independent Armament only charges $70 and most others only charge $75 (except Gun Gallery in Glendale, but don't get me started on those guys...) Good to know there are some new(ish) players around, but unless their prices are reasonable, then the internet (and Calguns!) is the best place to find firearms and accessories.

qaz987
03-01-2010, 4:38 PM
I thought 1313 W. Magnolia sounded familiar, Gun Country used to have some good consignment deals but you have to check nearly everyday. Maybe they'll be able to give Gun World some competition again, GW needs it. Are the same guys working there?

Full Clip
03-01-2010, 5:06 PM
Right down the street from me.
Only dropped in a couple times when it was Gun Country. Will have to check them out.
Gun World is purely for window shopping. Unless you WANT to pay $75-100 extra for a pistol/rifle you could buy elsewhere.

Greg-Dawg
03-01-2010, 6:42 PM
Is that Filipino dude still there?

Musashi
03-09-2010, 4:14 PM
anyone know there opening hours?

Musashi
03-09-2010, 4:14 PM
Is that Filipino dude still there?

yeah that guy was there when i went about a week ago

magsnubs
03-09-2010, 5:13 PM
Went in on sunday, I had no idea it was'nt Gun Country still. They had very little inventory, but they were really friendly, I looked around, and laughed and joked with them for a bit, but they had nothing worth buying for me.

RANDO
03-09-2010, 8:32 PM
i dros'd a lower there last week and the guys there were really cool and they had a HK USP9 for under $600 if you paid cash. Much much much better than the gun room.

beemaze
09-12-2010, 6:10 PM
+1

Did a PPT there today for the 1st time. Very smooth and quick. They have some used/consignment inventory and a few Garands and such. I too recall when they were dba Stevenson's Gun Country.

Yes, there is a filipino guy there named Aristotle - very friendly and knowledgeable.

Recommended.

santamonica9
11-03-2010, 10:33 AM
I got a PPT from another Calguner from this store - very friendly & NO attitude :D

I will 100% be back to this store

Shady
11-03-2010, 11:06 AM
I got fed a huge load of FUD when I went there

and they have a huge inventory of NC STAR products
:confused:

meangreen46
11-14-2010, 8:48 PM
I got fed a huge load of FUD when I went there

and they have a huge inventory of NC STAR products
:confused:

What FUD? They have one case full of NC Star.....hardly "Huge". The people that work there know more about OLLs than any other store I know. The manager is practically a walking law book for ATF and DOJ laws. What "huge" load of FUD did you get? Aside form being one of the nicest bunch of guys, they also know their stuff. From what I have actually witnessed, if they can't answer a question (i.e. relic guns, antiques, etc.) they usually look it up on the internet or just straight say, "We don't know the answer to that" :confused:

Chaparral
11-15-2010, 7:43 PM
Nice bunch of folks. For me theyre freeway close when heading to angelus from points east. Ive also never seen so much .454 Casull ammo for sale in one place. Makes me regret not buying one and then I could go relieve these fine folks of their inventory.

tomd1584
11-15-2010, 7:58 PM
What FUD? They have one case full of NC Star.....hardly "Huge". The people that work there know more about OLLs than any other store I know. The manager is practically a walking law book for ATF and DOJ laws. What "huge" load of FUD did you get? Aside form being one of the nicest bunch of guys, they also know their stuff. From what I have actually witnessed, if they can't answer a question (i.e. relic guns, antiques, etc.) they usually look it up on the internet or just straight say, "We don't know the answer to that" :confused:

I completely disagree.

Shady
11-15-2010, 8:22 PM

I asked about a mmg they had and he gave me outdated info on the legalities of useing it

there were a few other things that I cant remember because when
I mentioned calguns the guy told me that site is full of people " not in their right mind "

I left after that

oh and real gun shops dont sell nc star

meangreen46
11-15-2010, 9:18 PM
I asked about a mmg they had and he gave me outdated info on the legalities of useing it

I mentioned calguns the guy told me that site is full of people " not in their right mind "

I left after that

Funny enough....NC sells. I never said it was quality....but it serves a purpose for people looking to save money. I don't own anything NC, but to each his own. I don't know who you talked to but if you asked the manager or anybody near the manager about a law (especially about an mmg), he knows what he's talking about. There's a reason they're still around. Not like the other shop down the street. I spend alot of time there when I come to town. They are the only store I know of that doesn't care if you buy anything. They will shoot the crap with you for hours even if you don't buy anything. Sorry you had a bad experience.

rimfire78
11-15-2010, 9:25 PM
Same guys as when it was Gun country. I've done some business there too. Nice guys, black rifle friendly, always get a nugget or two of info when I'm there.
This was actually the first shop I ever saw, selling AR's with bullet buttons - when everyone else was still spewing FUD.

beemaze
11-15-2010, 10:04 PM

I left after that

Sounds bogus to me....

Aristotle who works there has a good reputation. He routinely asks his customers how they heard about the store and has asked me personally to give their store props on Calguns whenever I stop buy for a transaction.

As for NC Star, yes, it's cheap "Made in China" stuff. I see it routinely sold at places like Turner's and online. Nothing wrong with using NC Star on a cheap .22 or fun gun, like a SIG 522 or GSG-5. For some, that's all they can afford to play with. Not everybody can afford Eotech, Leupold, Trijicon, Swarovski, etc., especially in this economy.

Shady
11-15-2010, 10:09 PM
Sounds bogus to me....

Aristotle who works there has a good reputation. He routinely asks his customers how they heard about the store and has asked me personally to give their store props on Calguns whenever I stop buy for a transaction.

As for NC Star, yes, it's cheap "Made in China" stuff. I see it routinely sold at places like Turner's and online. Nothing wrong with using NC Star on a cheap .22 or fun gun, like a SIG 522 or GSG-5. For some, that's all they can afford to play with. Not everybody can afford Eotech, Leupold, Trijicon, Swarovski, etc., especially in this economy.

bogus ?

I even posted a thread about it

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=346342

meangreen46
11-15-2010, 11:55 PM
bogus ?

I even posted a thread about it

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=346342

I erased my original post because I didn't want it to be mistaken. I will leave it at this..... If so many people like these guys and they haven't been shut down by ATF or DOJ yet, why bash them on a forum after only having been there once and having a bad experience? That would be like me going to your bio-diesel shop in Pasadena and walking through....asking a few questions....walking out and posting on a bio-diesel forum when I got home that your shop sucked and that you gave me a "huge amount" of fud while I was there. Just not cool. :rolleyes:

End Rant.

Shady
11-16-2010, 1:22 AM
I erased my original post because I didn't want it to be mistaken. I will leave it at this..... If so many people like these guys and they haven't been shut down by ATF or DOJ yet, why bash them on a forum after only having been there once and having a bad experience? That would be like me going to your bio-diesel shop in Pasadena and walking through....asking a few questions....walking out and posting on a bio-diesel forum when I got home that your shop sucked and that you gave me a "huge amount" of fud while I was there. Just not cool. :rolleyes:

End Rant.

I would not have fed you FUD if you came to my shop

I am not bashing them , just posting my experience

JBBenson
11-16-2010, 7:17 AM
I have used them for a transfer and will go back. I like those guys.