PDA

View Full Version : Local or Cal friendly Ak builders

kingmoochr
02-28-2010, 12:13 PM
I have decided it is time to own an AK, but I dont like the idea of possibly getting a crap shoot gun (in terms of aesthetics anyway). I have seen some sites for custom builders, and it seems there is an attention to detail needed to build a truly nice AK. Id like to know if anyone has any experience with anyone local or any outsider custom builders who have no problem making a cal-friendly gun.

CSACANNONEER
02-28-2010, 12:17 PM
Build it yourself! There are build parties around and The Drickel might still be offering to help people one on one.

thedrickel
02-28-2010, 1:06 PM
Yes and it's that time of year again, I just haven't started a Buildathon thread because I have almost enough work lined up already. But if you bring your kit and receiver over to my house I can knock it out. I'm in South SF.

CSACANNONEER
02-28-2010, 2:35 PM
Yes and it's that time of year again, I just haven't started a Buildathon thread because I have almost enough work lined up already. But if you bring your kit and receiver over to my house I can knock it out. I'm in South SF.

South City? For some dumb reason I though you were in Pacifica. I still have the first gun (Benjemin .22 air rifle) I ever paid for with my own money and I bought it in SSF when I was 14. There used to be a little shop across the street from the Wells Fargo on El Camino. Do you remember it?

thedrickel
02-28-2010, 2:39 PM
South City? For some dumb reason I though you were in Pacifica. I still have the first gun (Benjemin .22 air rifle) I ever paid for with my own money and I bought it in SSF when I was 14. There used to be a little shop across the street from the Wells Fargo on El Camino. Do you remember it?

Sorry . . . I was born in 1981. Have lived in south city for probly half my life, on and off.

CSACANNONEER
02-28-2010, 3:05 PM
Sorry . . . I was born in 1981. Have lived in south city for probly half my life, on and off.

I bought it in '80 or '81!

joelukehart
02-28-2010, 9:14 PM
Piece of History Firearms in AZ.

kingmoochr
02-28-2010, 9:53 PM

Thats awesome, im in daly city. I am headed to India for 2 months for work but I can use that time to acquire my parts. Ill definitely let you know.

kingmoochr
03-01-2010, 9:31 AM
Are there certain parts/kits i should be looking for if i want a quality gun or things to avoid? basically do i just need to cruise gun broker until i find a nice kit?