PDA

View Full Version : REPR with a PMAG like a BB in a bucket

problemchild
02-27-2010, 7:54 PM
Ouch!

Boy someone sure screwed up on this combo. My buddy was looking at the REPR today and the shop had a Pmag in it. As he was holding it you could wiggle the bottom of the mag about 3/4 of an inch or more. The top of the mag had about 1/4 inch of play all the way around the mag. Seems like LWRC made the magwell over sized or Pmag made the 308 mag undersized or a combo of both.

slick_711
02-27-2010, 9:05 PM
Does it feed and cycle reliably? Because if it does I don't give a ****. :D

Kidding. That is a lot of play. I'd imagine it might have something to do with Magpul trying to make one mag that suits multiple ever so slightly different AR-308 platforms? Just a guess. I haven't gotten any for my PR-3 yet, but had been planning on a few.

lehn20
02-27-2010, 9:21 PM
Its been discussed at lenght. The magwell is out of spec on the REPRs. Huge mistake by LWRC.

technique
02-27-2010, 9:21 PM
Apparently they didn't get the memo.

REPR doesn't really work with P-mags, heck some REPRs don't work with factory mags but most do. LWRC and C-prod are jointly working on it last I recall.

slick_711
02-27-2010, 9:23 PM
Ahh. Well I'm glad to hear it's not the mags. Maybe I'll get a few sooner rather than later.

problemchild
02-27-2010, 9:55 PM
Does it feed and cycle reliably? Because if it does I don't give a ****. :D

Kidding. That is a lot of play. I'd imagine it might have something to do with Magpul trying to make one mag that suits multiple ever so slightly different AR-308 platforms? Just a guess. I haven't gotten any for my PR-3 yet, but had been planning on a few.

We were unable to test fire the rifle in the store but last I hear they DO not cycle or feed reliably. But the REPR is FTF ready.

If you look on GunBroker there are 50 pages of completed auctions with about 8 sold.

Hoop
02-27-2010, 10:31 PM
Its been discussed at lenght. The magwell is out of spec on the REPRs. Huge mistake by LWRC.

If that's true it's hilarious.

battleship
02-27-2010, 11:43 PM
Here we go again and the same culprits, thats it your getting some of this:36: and a bit of this:68:oh and one of these:19:, if thats not enough then how about some of this:83: and when your down one of these:17: for good measure, courtesy of LWRC.

This is making me:banghead: i will be calling LWRC on Monday to clear this up.

lehn20
02-27-2010, 11:55 PM
Do you really think they will admit to it or you will get a straight answer at the front desk from someone who doesnt really know what is going on. I look forward to see what they say though.

Bottomline is they made a rifle that has no reliable magazines available as of yet because the magwell was measured wrong and went into production.

problemchild
02-28-2010, 12:00 AM
Here we go again and the same culprits, thats it your getting some of this:36: and a bit of this:68:oh and one of these:19:, if thats not enough then how about some of this:83: and when your down one of these:17: for good measure, courtesy of LWRC.

This is making me:banghead: i will be calling LWRC on Monday to clear this up.

Ahhhhh

I saw this with my own eyes!

"Same culprits" ?

Next time you ATTEMPT to bait/flame do your homework. This topic is even on the LWRC forum. Sheeessshhhhh!

battleship
02-28-2010, 12:06 AM
Well there should be a total recall then, though i want to here from someone in the field who owns one or has shot one, how did it perform?