PDA

View Full Version : So I Emailed HK

bondmid003
02-27-2010, 4:32 PM
So I was bored one night and shot off an email to HK after reading a press release about their new production facility here in the US.

Gentlemen,
With Heckler & Koch recently establishing a US based production facility per this news release: http://www.hk-usa.com/civilian_products/civ_newsroom_01152009.asp
Are there any future plans to introduce a civilian G36 (not SL8-6) manufactured in the US much the same way Steyr has done with their new AUG A3? The news release mentioned manufacture of the MR556 and MR762 specifically but as I'm sure you are well aware there are many H&K fans and firearms enthusiasts that would like to see a G36 finally make its way to these shores. Thank you for your time.

This is the response I got:

At this time the only plans are to produce the MR556 and MR762 rifles.

Regards,
Angela Harrell
Public Relations
angela.harrell@heckler-koch-us.com

Not really sure I was expecting much more but good to see HK doesn't dissappoint :ack2:

Solidsnake87
02-27-2010, 4:51 PM
HK sees us as the fallback for a product that fails to win contracts. Create lots of hype, get as much media attention and publicity as possible, then offer your product to the military. If the product loses, at least they can recoup their losses from us as a last resort...................:rolleyes:

Flogger23m
02-27-2010, 5:02 PM
A cheap and affordable G36 and UMP9/45 clone would be great.

Cheap as in $1,200 or less. Just throw a BB on them and be done.

Would not be surprised if they did. I am betting they are opening this facility so they can get around the import ban and Germany gun laws.

HK sees us as the fallback for a product that fails to win contracts. Create lots of hype, get as much media attention and publicity as possible, then offer your product to the military. If the product loses, at least they can recoup their losses from us as a last resort...................:rolleyes:

I'd imagine every company would do that. Makes sense.

bondmid003
02-27-2010, 5:06 PM
I think we might have to wait a few more years for a G36 clone, not sure when the patents expire

tiger222
02-27-2010, 5:09 PM
The G36 was patented in 1995 iirc - five more years ... Then someone should make an alloy copy of the reciever

Solidsnake87
02-27-2010, 5:09 PM
Don't patents last for 25 years???? They had better get on this, its their fault if they let it slide.

Peter W Bush
02-27-2010, 5:19 PM
I've been wanting a G36 for sooo long. Maybe theres hope for one that costs less than $4000

Flogger23m
02-27-2010, 5:34 PM
I think we might have to wait a few more years for a G36 clone, not sure when the patents expire

Why would we need a clone if HK can make their own in the USA, like they are doing with the HK 416/17? :confused:

NSR500
02-27-2010, 5:36 PM
They're HK and they hate us.

bondmid003
02-27-2010, 6:08 PM
Why would we need a clone if HK can make their own in the USA, like they are doing with the HK 416/17? :confused:

Did you not read my original post? :ack2:

swerv512
02-27-2010, 8:15 PM

:rofl2:

I guess HK doesnt think you're worthy...
i'm surprised they even responded to your email- seeing as you're no OPERATOR

Toolbox X
02-27-2010, 8:19 PM
I hate the G36. Every one I have handled feels like a cheap rickety piece of crap. I swear the #1 reason people want one is because we can't have them.

But that's just me.

Casual Observer
02-27-2010, 8:42 PM
I hate the G36. Every one I have handled feels like a cheap rickety piece of crap. I swear the #1 reason people want one is because we can't have them.

But that's just me.

Agreed. The ones I've handled aren't as ergonomic as they could be- especially that stock (although I haven't handled a KV). Still, it's a good weapon functionally.

Of course, as has been said, HK isn't in the business of producing weapons for civilians. Their emphasis is on government sales by far. Civilian sales are just icing on the cake for them.

Lead-Thrower
02-27-2010, 9:50 PM
I swear the #1 reason people want one is because we can't have them.

Exactly.

Flogger23m
02-27-2010, 9:54 PM
Did you not read my original post? :ack2:

They said at the time.

If they are making the 416/17, I am sure they see the market as profitable.

And considering their weapons are popular, it would only make sense (IMO) to bring them to the market. While the 416/17 are cool, there are already plenty of good piston AR-15 variants out there.

Can't say the same for an affordable G-36 or UMP.

We can hope at least.

bondmid003
02-27-2010, 10:06 PM
Exactly.

Erroneous! Erroneous on both accounts!

Peter W Bush
02-27-2010, 11:16 PM

But that's just me.

Not me. I think they're beautiful and I have read great performance reviews. If I wanted something just because we couldn't have it, I'd want a SIG 550 :D

Lead-Thrower
02-28-2010, 12:10 AM
Erroneous! Erroneous on both accounts!

Not necessarily. I would love to have a G36, but I would also love to have an M60. :43: By saying exactly, I mean that there are lots of things that I want, and one of the major reasons is because I cant have them. :rolleyes:

02-28-2010, 12:30 AM
Maybe Angela was pissed you started the letter off with Gentlemen....lol

bondmid003
02-28-2010, 1:14 AM
Maybe Angela was pissed you started the letter off with Gentlemen....lol

Maybe, but the email address I wrote to was not hers but actually the generic one. I got the response from her account

swerv512
02-28-2010, 10:42 AM
From the urban dictionary site:

buy heckler and koch mugs, tshirts and magnetsIn a world of compromises, some people put the bullets in the magazine backwards…But it doesn’t matter, because our gun is on the cover of the Rainbow Six video games. Look how cool that SEAL coming out of the water looks… If you buy a $2,000 SOCOM, you will be that cool of an operator too. And chicks will dig you.

At HK, we stuck a piston on an AR15, just like a bunch of other companies have done, dating back to about 1969. However ours is better, because we refuse to sell it to civilians. Because you suck, and we hate you.

Our XM8 is the greatest rifle ever developed. It may melt, and it doesn’t fit any accessories known to man, but that is your fault. If you were a real operator, you would love it. Once again, look at Rainbow Six, that G36 sure is cool isn’t it? Yeah, you know you want one.And by the way, check out our new HK45. We decided that humans don’t need to release the magazine with their thumbs. If you were a really manly teutonic operator, you would be able to reach the controls. Plus we’ve fired 100,000,000 rounds through one with zero malfunctions, and that was while it was buried in a lake of molten lava, on the moon. If you don’t believe us, it is because you aren’t a real operator.

By the way, our cheap, mass-produced, stamped sheet metal guns like the G3 and MP5 are the bestest things ever, and totally worth asinine scalpers prices, but note that cheap, mass-produced, stamped sheet metal guns from other countries are commie garbage. Not that it matter...

DREADNOUGHT78
02-28-2010, 10:50 AM

buy heckler and koch mugs, tshirts and magnetsIn a world of compromises, some people put the bullets in the magazine backwards…But it doesn’t matter, because our gun is on the cover of the Rainbow Six video games. Look how cool that SEAL coming out of the water looks… If you buy a $2,000 SOCOM, you will be that cool of an operator too. And chicks will dig you.

At HK, we stuck a piston on an AR15, just like a bunch of other companies have done, dating back to about 1969. However ours is better, because we refuse to sell it to civilians. Because you suck, and we hate you.

Our XM8 is the greatest rifle ever developed. It may melt, and it doesn’t fit any accessories known to man, but that is your fault. If you were a real operator, you would love it. Once again, look at Rainbow Six, that G36 sure is cool isn’t it? Yeah, you know you want one.And by the way, check out our new HK45. We decided that humans don’t need to release the magazine with their thumbs. If you were a really manly teutonic operator, you would be able to reach the controls. Plus we’ve fired 100,000,000 rounds through one with zero malfunctions, and that was while it was buried in a lake of molten lava, on the moon. If you don’t believe us, it is because you aren’t a real operator.

By the way, our cheap, mass-produced, stamped sheet metal guns like the G3 and MP5 are the bestest things ever, and totally worth asinine scalpers prices, but note that cheap, mass-produced, stamped sheet metal guns from other countries are commie garbage. Not that it matter...

Awesome!

Group B
02-28-2010, 11:30 AM
Hey the fact that HK finally decided to make the MR556A1 (with normal takedown pin bosses), is a sign that they're starting to come around.

The next logical step would be to release a civvy G36, though...

Legasat
02-28-2010, 11:36 AM

Don't take it personal.....HK hates everyone ;)

xfilterx
02-28-2010, 11:53 AM
Don't take it personal.....HK hates everyone ;)

And we hate them! Their products however, are a different story. :wub:

drummerdude1188
02-28-2010, 2:09 PM

buy heckler and koch mugs, tshirts and magnetsIn a world of compromises, some people put the bullets in the magazine backwards…But it doesn’t matter, (clip) Not that it matter...

Wow that was original, no ones ever posted that before.....

swerv512
02-28-2010, 5:27 PM
Wow that was original, no ones ever posted that before.....

Yep, a repost from a long ways back... Good to see that it is still as applicable as ever. Thanks for thinking about the little guys HK :rolleyes:
Dont get me wrong, i love most HK products but their attitude sucks.

Oh, as far as original goes, take a screenshot of every thread in centerfire rifles... i bet you could run a search and find almost all of them already been posted in the past... The reason why it works is because there are people out there who haven't seen them before......

bondmid003
02-28-2010, 6:28 PM
And we hate them! Their products however, are a different story. :wub:

You my friend have an HK addiction :eek: