PDA

View Full Version : Wifes new build....

Trendkill
02-27-2010, 3:13 PM
BCM rifle build for the wifey.....

List.

1) Complete Bravo Company Lower (Thanks Grant..!!!) still in gun jail.

2) 14.5 inch BCM M4 carbine upper w/ BCM M-16 BCG and CH....will pin a YHM-5M1 Comp/Brake when received.

3)Omega 7.0 railed Handguard....figured this is a good idea with the perm MD.

4) Troy Manufactured BCM flip-up rear sight.

Total is $1397.00...thats after dros...shipping...transfer...tax..the whole shabang.

Thats it so far....will add a CTR or ACS stock later.....then the expensive glass selection to follow. Probably a T-1.

So....Hows it sound..??? Think she'll like it...??

Low-Pressure
02-27-2010, 3:15 PM
looks/sounds good..... post a pic when done

supermario
02-27-2010, 3:36 PM
Thats cool, i wanna build my wife a basic lightweight AR too.
Lets see some pics.

FMJBT
02-27-2010, 4:09 PM
Just finished this upper for my wife. She still thinks it's too heavy. Meh.....

http://forums.hybridz.org/uploads/1267067193/gallery_207_725_82423.jpg

Upper Specs:

-Sabre Defense M5 14.5" mid length barrel, 1-7 twist w/ pinned/welded Noveske KX3.
-BCM Upper receiver w/ M-4 feed ramps.
-BCM Bolt carrier assembly.
-BCM Gunfighter charging handle (Mod 3).
-Midwest Industries SS-12 handguard.
-Magpul MBUS sights
-Primary Arms Gen 2 red dot sight w/ mount.

Current lower receiver is borrowed from another rifle, the dedicated lower for this rifle will feature:

-Stag or Spikes Tactical lower receiver.
-Timberwolf Tactical stainless LPK.
-Magpul MIAD grip.
-Magpul ASAP sling mount.
-Magpul ACS stock on mil spec buffer tube.
-Bullet Button.

Our 2 1/2 year old son has named this gun "Mamma's Fire Pig" after the fire breathing pig on the Noveske FH :D

jak77
02-27-2010, 4:37 PM
how do you like the noveske fh?

Trendkill
02-27-2010, 4:39 PM
Our 2 1/2 year old son has named this gun "Mamma's Fire Pig" after the fire breathing pig on the Noveske FH :D

"Mama's fire pig".....how cool.

Also.....are you sure thats a 14.5 midlength gas upper..???

FMJBT
02-27-2010, 5:35 PM
how do you like the noveske fh?

It's a bit longer than I wanted, and it's not very effective at reducing recoil or muzzle flash BUT, it screws apart so I can clean carbon buildup off of the muzzle even while permanently attached. It's also very effective at sending most of the noise and concussion of the muzzle blast downrange. I figured my wife would have an easier time with shooting it if the noise and blast were directed away from her.

FMJBT
02-27-2010, 5:39 PM
"Mama's fire pig".....how cool.

Also.....are you sure thats a 14.5 midlength gas upper..???

Yep, definitely a mid length gas system. As it sits now with the Noveske on it, it comes out to the same length as a 16" barrel using a standard bird cage FH. I went with a mid length gas system to try to counter the effect of the KX3 to boost pressure in the gas system. I figure the mid length with KX3 probably runs about the same as a carbine gas system with standard FH.

Trendkill
02-27-2010, 7:03 PM
Yep, definitely a mid length gas system. As it sits now with the Noveske on it, it comes out to the same length as a 16" barrel using a standard bird cage FH. I went with a mid length gas system to try to counter the effect of the KX3 to boost pressure in the gas system. I figure the mid length with KX3 probably runs about the same as a carbine gas system with standard FH.

Looks pretty sweet.

Intimid8tor
02-27-2010, 7:12 PM
I've been thinking about building one for my wife to try to get her in the hobby. She is ok with my collection, but I would like her to be proficient and endjoy it as well.

FMJBT
02-27-2010, 7:26 PM
Looks pretty sweet.

Thanks! Sorry about the thread jack, I was just happy to see I'm not the only one that's started building rifles for the wife because they already have too many :D

Looking at the parts you have listed, it sounds like your wife is getting a kick-@$$ AR. Maybe add a single point sling so she can wear it like a purse? That's how I tried seeling the idea to my wife: "See, you can wear it just like a purse!"

She was like: "Meh...." :rolleyes:

And then I was all like: "Whatever. You'll be excited about wearing it when the hordes of Zombies arrive..." :TFH:

Trendkill
02-27-2010, 7:51 PM
Thanks! Sorry about the thread jack, I was just happy to see I'm not the only one that's started building rifles for the wife because they already have too many :D

Looking at the parts you have listed, it sounds like your wife is getting a kick-@$$ AR. Maybe add a single point sling so she can wear it like a purse? That's how I tried seeling the idea to my wife: "See, you can wear it just like a purse!"

She was like: "Meh...." :rolleyes:

And then I was all like: "Whatever. You'll be excited about wearing it when the hordes of Zombies arrive..." :TFH:

Hahaha....thats funny.

Well...Im kinda lucky and not so lucky at the same time. My wife loves the hell out of shooting so...yeah...it gets pricey. She's going to be helpin out at the Calguns booth comin up in SF.

Got any good sling recomendations..???

technique
02-27-2010, 8:13 PM
Your wife has a nicer gun that 75% of all CGers.....ha!