PDA

View Full Version : CA residenta can get free XD from Frontsight?

Friar_Tuck
02-27-2010, 2:05 PM
Can CA residents take advantage of the Frontsight offer of free handgun with purchase of 5 day pistol/CCW course? Is it as simple as having them ship it to a CA ffl and then DROS it when you get home? (I think that's how it works, just wanna make sure before i commit)

-hanko
02-27-2010, 2:54 PM
:lurk5:

-hanko

ZombieTactics
02-27-2010, 3:05 PM
... Is it as simple as having them ship it to a CA ffl and then DROS it when you get home? (I think that's how it works, just wanna make sure before i commit)
Yup, pretty much. I received my XD40 (part of several bonuses included with my Diamond membership) just so. Make sure you set this up with your FFL before FrontSight ships your XD.

45R
02-27-2010, 3:06 PM
How much is a 5 day pistol course?

Dubels
02-27-2010, 3:10 PM
The free gun deal is a really good deal. So do they swap out the hi-cap mags for the CA 10 rounders or do you just get the gun without the mags. If I was in the market for a XD I would just go take the class.
it is $1199 here is a link to what you get https://www.frontsight.com/free-gun.asp

ZombieTactics
02-27-2010, 3:25 PM

The real answer(s):

The "list price" (so to speak) is $2000 for the 4-day Defensive Handgun course, and $500 for the 1-day, multi-state CCW course.

You can quite often find "special deals" or certificates for the 4-day training. These can often be had for as little as $500 or $300. You can also occasionally find a deal on the 1-day CCW. Signing up for the email newsletter is the best way to be certain that you receive these offers.

There are memberships made available from time-to-time which include the 4-day Handgun and CCW courses ... which you can take as may times as you like. The "Self-Reliance" membership included these courses and others, and was offered at $1599 earlier this year, for instance. Often there is a bonus of some kind offered for paying all at once via credit card. Sometimes this involves "bonus weapons" or a 2-for-1 membership. Signing up for the email newsletter is the best way to be certain that you receive these offers.

ZombieTactics
02-27-2010, 3:26 PM
So do they swap out the hi-cap mags for the CA 10 rounders or do you just get the gun without the mags. ...
You get 10 round mags