PDA

View Full Version : Just got my CCW!!!

moneymaker88
02-27-2010, 12:52 PM
Hey everyone I just got my CCW in the mail. It only took 3 weeks. This is in Butte County. (Chico, Oroville) Butte county seems to be very ccw friendly. So if you can establish a residence make sure to apply. Thank you Sheriff Smith!!

Fot
02-27-2010, 12:55 PM
Congrats man, I was curious how the new Sheriff would be on issuing.

Big Jake
02-27-2010, 2:36 PM
Carry safely!

Knauga
02-27-2010, 4:43 PM
Carry everywhere you legally can. congrats!

Gregchico
02-27-2010, 5:13 PM
In two years when you go to renew, take your class at Chico Rod and gun club, they are much cheaper than Safer Arms (and nicer in my opinion).

bilabong32
02-27-2010, 7:01 PM
In two years when you go to renew, take your class at Chico Rod and gun club, they are much cheaper than Safer Arms (and nicer in my opinion).

You think so? I have heard conflicting reports on Safer Arms. Some have sworn by it and others have had some bad experiences there. The last part makes me think twice about going there to get a gun. What made you think Rod and Gun was better?

moneymaker88
02-27-2010, 7:16 PM
I did my CCW class at safer arms and it was ok. The instructor was kind of weird and looked at the floor the entire time he talked. But he was spot on with everything he was saying. When I looked at purchasing a pistol from them, their sales people came of as arrogant and told me H&K was crap. I figure they said that since they said they didnt carry them. They also bad mouthed 2 other local gun stores.

daveyclimber
02-27-2010, 10:53 PM
Good Deal, i'm getting ready to do this as well. I just moved to chico a couple months ago. Once I get some range time on my 3 new to me pistols I will apply. I plan on qualifying with 4 pistols, I imagine that will make for a long day at class. How much does range rental cost at Safer Arms? Can you use your own ammo? Where else is there to shoot my weapons around here? Congrats, carry everywhere you can and sorry for the hijack.

ChicoCalifas
02-28-2010, 7:45 AM
Good Deal, i'm getting ready to do this as well. I just moved to chico a couple months ago. Once I get some range time on my 3 new to me pistols I will apply. I plan on qualifying with 4 pistols, I imagine that will make for a long day at class. How much does range rental cost at Safer Arms? Can you use your own ammo? Where else is there to shoot my weapons around here? Congrats, carry everywhere you can and sorry for the hijack.

Range Rental $10 you can use your own ammo.
You can shoot at the clay pit in Oroville.

Congrats on the CCW.

parcours
02-28-2010, 8:22 AM
Carry safely and take some additional "laws" classes to better understand the new freedom you are now privileged too.

moneymaker88
02-28-2010, 10:23 AM
good advice parcours

Mad Scotsman
02-28-2010, 3:02 PM
My wife and I just took the CCW class at Safer Arms, same odd fellow, but good. I am waiting for my permit in the mail. We only use Safer arms for the range, $10 rent and we bring All our own stuff, ie ammo, hearing, eye protection. The guys are real nice and knowledgeable except when you try to ask about a firearm they don't carry.Prices are high comparatively so don't buy anything. Other than that we use the Clay Pit in Oroville, only had one instance when a father sent his 14yr old son out to retreve a target before clearing the shooting line, I yelled at the boy and had a nice talk with the father. Other than that it is safe.

makemyday
02-28-2010, 7:04 PM
anyone knows how to get a CCW if you don't live in the county?