PDA

View Full Version : Disappointed

Game Time
02-27-2010, 9:04 AM
My new BCM upper was supposed to arrive yesterday. Well, UPS had a "MECHANICAL FAILURE ON RAILROAD FLATCAR" on Thursday and my package never showed. :mad: Looks like I'll have to wait until Monday.

jtyner
02-27-2010, 9:07 AM
I'm beginning week 3 waiting for the remainder of my upper parts because apparently CMMG is backed up on barrel orders. Haven't even reached the "waiting for the shipper stage" yet. Hope that makes you feel better. :)

xounlistedxox
02-27-2010, 10:32 AM
My new BCM upper was supposed to arrive yesterday. Well, UPS had a "MECHANICAL FAILURE ON RAILROAD FLATCAR" on Thursday and my package never showed. :mad: Looks like I'll have to wait until Monday.

Stuff like this is why I stay away from UPS as much as possible. I've had to go to the better business bureau because of their lack of service and general stupidity. If they were actually concerned with any of the customers that had packages on that truck they would have off loaded that truck onto a new truck and still delivered all of those packages by their scheduled delivery date... maybe a little late, but still on the same day at least.

One time I watched the UPS driver pull up in front of my house, get out of the truck, walk around for a few minutes then get back in the truck without even going up to any houses. I had a package on that truck that day and I was late for work because I was waiting for it. They refused to redliver later that day, so I had to go way out of my way, drive across town at 9pm to pick up my package. I would have just waited for them to redilver it, but I was going out of town the next day, so I had to pick it up prior to leaving town.

aplinker
02-27-2010, 10:47 AM
I learned far more about you than UPS in this post.

Stuff like this is why I stay away from UPS as much as possible. I've had to go to the better business bureau because of their lack of service and general stupidity. If they were actually concerned with any of the customers that had packages on that truck they would have off loaded that truck onto a new truck and still delivered all of those packages by their scheduled delivery date... maybe a little late, but still on the same day at least.

One time I watched the UPS driver pull up in front of my house, get out of the truck, walk around for a few minutes then get back in the truck without even going up to any houses. I had a package on that truck that day and I was late for work because I was waiting for it. They refused to redliver later that day, so I had to go way out of my way, drive across town at 9pm to pick up my package. I would have just waited for them to redilver it, but I was going out of town the next day, so I had to pick it up prior to leaving town.

xounlistedxox
02-27-2010, 10:51 AM
I learned far more about you than UPS in this post.

Oh yeah? What's that?

The DRis
02-27-2010, 10:57 AM
I personally ship 300-400 packages with UPS every day. I work in the shipping department for my wifes dad. UPS has FAR better service than fedex. As for the rail car breaking down. I don't think you even understand how this stuff works.

The packages get picked up. Taken to the warehouse and sorted. Then put into trailors and driven to the rail station. Then loaded onto the rail cars and shipped across country. Through the DESERT. Depending on where it happend the railroad company isn't going to hand unload a UPS truck into a new one. Where did this new car come from to replace the old? Thos trailors are sealed shut until UPS opens them at a UPS warehouse. So yeah. We learned alot about you in that post.

xounlistedxox
02-27-2010, 11:02 AM
I suppose I jumped the gun and was thinking in terms of a truck break down not a rail car problem, so my apologies for that.

This does not change the horrible service I have received from UPS and will certainly not change my opinion of UPS, or use them for shipping any more than I absolutely have to. I've purchased/shipped hundreds of items online over the past decade and from my experience USPS is the way to go for the vast majority of things. You're right about FedEx for sure. I stopped using them long before avoiding UPS.

The DRis
02-27-2010, 11:11 AM
USPS is even worse. Bunch of lazy overpaid union government workers. I have to deal with them as well. They don't show up for scheduled pickups. They won't take the boxes cause they are "full" and never send a Replacement. The only shipper we gaurentee ship dates and deliveries is UPS

aplinker
02-27-2010, 11:31 AM
I suppose I jumped the gun and was thinking in terms of a truck break down not a rail car problem, so my apologies for that.

This does not change the horrible service I have received from UPS and will certainly not change my opinion of UPS, or use them for shipping any more than I absolutely have to. I've purchased/shipped hundreds of items online over the past decade and from my experience USPS is the way to go for the vast majority of things. You're right about FedEx for sure. I stopped using them long before avoiding UPS.

Ask the longtime vendors here (or anywhere) what they think of USPS.

HK Dave
02-27-2010, 11:40 AM
Some of you guys crack me up. So what do you use then? USPS? DHL? Boycott because you got your package a day late? lol

dakobster81
02-27-2010, 11:42 AM
sometimes things get delayed, its the nature of the business, that being said, UPS is the best in both customer service and initial quality of service, this isn't even an argument

Game Time
02-27-2010, 12:25 PM
sometimes things get delayed, its the nature of the business, that being said, UPS is the best in both customer service and initial quality of service, this isn't even an argument

Sounds like an opinion to me therefore there is very much an argument to be had. For me, I don't care one way or another, I'm just pissed that I had my hopes up to get my upper and now I have to wait until Monday (then wait until next weekend to shoot it). :mad: Doesn't matter if it was UPS, Fed Ex, USPS or even if it is the nature of the business, I'm still disappointed. :D

Game Time
02-27-2010, 12:27 PM
Some of you guys crack me up. So what do you use then? USPS? DHL? Boycott because you got your package a day late? lol

Not much you can do when you are the recipient other than be disappointed. :D

Game Time
02-27-2010, 12:32 PM
Well at least I can add this picture so I can drool over it. LOL.
16" BCM mid length w/Daniel Defense Omega X 9.0
http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c284/jmcmahan23/BCM-URG-MID201620DDOX9-2.jpg

fearxd45
02-27-2010, 2:47 PM
fedex would of got it there.... and there customer service far exceeds that of ups... ever tracked a pkg via ups.... HORRIBLE

dakobster81
02-27-2010, 3:26 PM
while you may think it is an argument, take a general consensus and it is quite obvious that UPS has the best quality service, but I do understand your pain, we want our gun stuff, and we want it now!!! lol, ive had the same thing happen to me with another package

E-120
02-27-2010, 7:43 PM
Coming from a UPS friend, you can't spell stupid with out UPS. They are overall a very professional group with good benefits. An interesting side note. The air freight division keeps operational jets on 20 minute stand buy waiting for mechanical delays to keep the time sensitive freight on schedule.

Carnivore
02-27-2010, 7:58 PM
Fed/Ex an UPS are joining forces from what I have read.

There are going to change the name to FedUp. Ya...old crab joke but what can I say....UPS delivered it.

I just don't understand why someone would watch a UPS driver walk around the neighborhood for 20 minutes an not run out to meet them an get their package. So far none of the big 3 have even failed me but I don't own a business either.

nrvnqsrxk
02-27-2010, 8:09 PM

In my experience, USPS is the worst service out of all of them. Two out of three packages never got to my house. I'm never going to use them again if I can help it.

Federal Express is the current market leader, followed by UPS. Together, they make up about 68% of the revenue in the industry. In a free market, only efficient companies survive. Perhaps economic darwinism at work here? They can't be the best without doing something right.

nicoroshi
02-27-2010, 8:15 PM
Well at least I can add this picture so I can drool over it. LOL.
16" BCM mid length w/Daniel Defense Omega X 9.0
http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c284/jmcmahan23/BCM-URG-MID201620DDOX9-2.jpg
Nice looking upper.
Monday will be here before you know it.
I will avoid the carrier debate happening here like the plague though.

SoCalRandy
02-27-2010, 8:33 PM
I don't really care who delivers the packages I order from on line. But it just so happens 90% of the stuff I do order is delivered by UPS. I haven't had any problems with UPS so far and I think their on line tracking is pretty accurate and helpful.

Noah3683
02-27-2010, 8:39 PM
Ask the longtime vendors here (or anywhere) what they think of USPS.

I can vouch for that lol. I'm not a vendor but, I can tell you what I think of them and what CWS probably thinks of them. They sent me a set screw that was missing from my prince 50 through usps. they are located 33.8 miles from my from my front door. It arrived 17 days later, and the original postmark was legit so it's not like CWS just decided to ship it way late. USPS sucks!

shark92651
02-27-2010, 10:43 PM
USPS is by far the worse service. I prefer UPS 100 to 1 over USPS. USPS told us we were giving them far too much business so they would no longer be able to pick up any packages from us when they make their daily delivery. We now have to have someone drive to their location and drop the packages off ourselves if we want to give them our business. UPS comes by and picks them up quickly and efficiently on a daily basis. I am also tired of USPS delivering empty or partial packages to my customers. I'll use UPS for anything worth over a couple hundred dollars - I can't trust the US Postal service with anything of value any more.

Mssr. Eleganté
02-27-2010, 11:40 PM
fedex would of got it there....

How exactly would FedEx have gotten it there? Would they have sent out a four wheel drive tractor and a crane to lift the trailer off of the stopped train and haul it back to the FedEx facility? Or would FedEx have just sent the TOFC via one of the other more reliable railroads in the first place? :rofl2:

shark92651
02-28-2010, 7:36 AM
How exactly would FedEx have gotten it there? Would they have sent out a four wheel drive tractor and a crane to lift the trailer off of the stopped train and haul it back to the FedEx facility? Or would FedEx have just sent the TOFC via one of the other more reliable railroads in the first place? :rofl2:

Didn't you see that movie, "Castaway"? FedEx is so dedicated they will deliver your package even after being stranded on a desert island for four years!

xounlistedxox
02-28-2010, 9:25 AM
Fed/Ex an UPS are joining forces from what I have read.

There are going to change the name to FedUp. Ya...old crab joke but what can I say....UPS delivered it.

I just don't understand why someone would watch a UPS driver walk around the neighborhood for 20 minutes an not run out to meet them an get their package. So far none of the big 3 have even failed me but I don't own a business either.

Pardon me for not doing the UPS drivers job for him. I saw him for only a short while before he got back in his truck and took off at which time I ran out after him, but he just kept driving away. He never approached any of the houses in my area at all. I live right on a main road all you have to do is go to the address? I then called UPS and they said it was likely not the driver carrying my package. I asked UPS "why would you have several different drivers on the same route?"... they didn't have an answer, but said something like "we do a lot of things that don't make sense" as it turns out that truck did have my package which I had to go pick up later that evening across town at the terminal at 9pm.

pacrimguru
02-28-2010, 10:08 AM
wow, a thread about package delivery in the rifles forums. haha, i'll chime in. this is a topic i have extensive experience in so i'll share. i'm only speaking from my personal experience, but i've been operating my mail order businesses since 1996 and have used many shipping services over these many years.

the bottom line is now i almost exclusively use USPS and at times FedEX, both with excellent results. UPS has fallen off my go to service due to some bad experiences that i had long ago. among the many reasons i don't use them is that from the west coast it takes them a week to get a package to the east coast via ground service. local service is expensive for packages that are less than 1 lb when compared to USPS. when shipping internationally, there are way too many forms to contend with. lastly they have damaged and lost so many of my packages that i simply had to cancel my account with them. admittedly this was back in 2000, but after that i switched to RPS which was an excellent service that eventually became FedEX Ground.

with UPS, i just dealt with and absorbed all my losses because i simply thought that was just the cost of doing business. they did send me numerous insurance checks but that didn't help make my customers happy. after my switch to RPS (FedEX Ground) in 2000, i had a revelation that couriers need not loose or damage packages. imagine that! but when FedEX Ground really got going after their merger with RPS, i had to switch again. in 2001-2002 they hiked their rates UP to match UPS, although they are still generally a few cents less than UPS in most circumstances. between 2000-2002 FedEX Ground was aggressive in taking business from UPS and had killer shipping rates. ah, the good old days.

so when the rates went up, i discovered USPS's Priority shipping and their then new Delivery Confirmation services - and rediscovered the classic first class mail service. due to ease and pricing, i had already gone with USPS exclusively for international shipments since 1996 but rarely used their other services. in order to not bring shipping prices up for my customers i switched to USPS. Sure, no one shipping service is perfect but i am more than happy with USPS. i do have to drop off at their location, no pick ups. BUT the great thing is that i'm able to offer shipping for my customers starting at $3.50 with tracing number - another one of my sites features $6.95 flat rate shipping. many other vendors have to start at $6.00+, even for a tiny item. between 2002-2010 i've shipped (the high side) tens of thousands of packages and i can still count on one hand how many packages they lost or damaged. that is truly amazing. of course, ymmv!

would i try UPS again? sure, why not, it's been a long time and i hope they've improved. i still receive packages via UPS all the time and my only complaint is that they are slow to arrive from east coast locations. but as it is now, i'm sticking with USPS and occasionally FedEX Express. but who knows, if the USPS boat starts sinking - i'm jumping. i'm loyal to my customers whom demand the best balance of fast, safe, and cheap. even if it means i need to sort and deliver at the shipping facility (which i currently do).

pacrimguru
02-28-2010, 10:20 AM
side note to the OP, not to rub it in, but i had an opposite experience as you this weekend. i bought an upper from a guy on arfcom located in PA. he shipped it via USPS Priority on Thursday afternoon. east coast to west should take 3 days via Prioirty service. so i figured it would arrive on monday since the 3rd day was a sunday. well, surprise surprise, it got here yesterday.

xounlistedxox
02-28-2010, 10:53 AM
^This is pretty much my experience as well.

Game Time
02-28-2010, 3:09 PM
wow, a thread about package delivery in the rifles forums. haha, i'll chime in.

No, a thread about not receiving my rifle in the rifle forum. :D Never really excited for Mondays but tomorrow is an exception. :clap:

Wolfhound9k
02-28-2010, 6:06 PM
I also got a "TRAIN DERAILMENT" message in "San Pablo" from UPS recently when my BCM components came in. The package got to me just fine, but a couple days late. At least I am able to track it though! It's just not worth leaving a $500 package out on the front porch and NOT knowing when it will arrive...

pyro3k2
02-28-2010, 6:45 PM
Wait times are what they are, if shooting has taught me nothing else, its to be patient for worth while things. Like those sub 1/4moa group @ 100yrds.

Mute
02-28-2010, 7:50 PM
USPS sucks. What they jokingly refer to as tracking is a disgrace.

Noah3683
02-28-2010, 8:14 PM
yeah 8 hrs later you find out your package arrived

SoCalRandy
02-28-2010, 8:20 PM
USPS sucks. What they jokingly refer to as tracking is a disgrace.

+1, Their on line tracking is pointless.

gravedigger
02-28-2010, 8:31 PM
Wow. Aren't we spoiled! I recently found out (didn't know) that I can use my local UPS center as my shipping address! Rather than waiting for a delivery "Between 8 AM and 7 PM" as the telephone recording calls the day before, I will (from now on) just have it delivered to the UPS center, with email notification set. The moment it arrives, my phone lets me know with an email that the package is there for pick up. They are only three miles away, so it isn't inconvenient, and knowing the package won't be lifted by some dirt bag neighbor if I can't be there the moment it is delivered gives me peace of mind. I have no complaints about UPS.

KING_PALM
02-28-2010, 8:35 PM
USPS is even worse. Bunch of lazy overpaid union government workers. I have to deal with them as well. They don't show up for scheduled pickups. They won't take the boxes cause they are "full" and never send a Replacement. The only shipper we gaurentee ship dates and deliveries is UPS

do not get me started with USPS

Noah3683
02-28-2010, 8:58 PM
Wow. Aren't we spoiled! I recently found out (didn't know) that I can use my local UPS center as my shipping address! Rather than waiting for a delivery "Between 8 AM and 7 PM" as the telephone recording calls the day before, I will (from now on) just have it delivered to the UPS center, with email notification set. The moment it arrives, my phone lets me know with an email that the package is there for pick up. They are only three miles away, so it isn't inconvenient, and knowing the package won't be lifted by some dirt bag neighbor if I can't be there the moment it is delivered gives me peace of mind. I have no complaints about UPS.
That would be awesome since ups always delivers to my house way late in the afternoon! Problem is local office is only open funky hours for like 5 hrs total time, and are closed from either 11 or 12- 4 pm. I don't get off til 12 so it wouldn't do me much good anyway. funny thing is if they get here a day early, they drop off early in the am as well, but it's only when it gets to the warehouse before scheduled. my bcm came early on a friday morning but was supposed to arrive the following monday which would have no doubt been a late afternoon delivery. I wonder why that is?

Game Time
03-01-2010, 4:21 PM
Got my stuff today!!! :D
http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c284/jmcmahan23/IMG_7011.jpg
16" BCM Upper w/DD Omega X 9.0, BCM BCG, Magpul ASAP, Vltor QD swivel
http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c284/jmcmahan23/IMG_7015.jpg
http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c284/jmcmahan23/IMG_7053.jpg

Noah3683
03-01-2010, 4:26 PM
Got my stuff today!!! :D
http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c284/jmcmahan23/IMG_7011.jpg
16" BCM Upper w/DD Omega X 9.0, BCM BCG, Magpul ASAP, Vltor QD swivel
http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c284/jmcmahan23/IMG_7015.jpg
http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c284/jmcmahan23/IMG_7053.jpg

Very nice. Let me know how you like that eotech once you shoot it. I'm looking at the same one to replace my stolen one

Game Time
03-01-2010, 5:18 PM
Very nice. Let me know how you like that eotech once you shoot it. I'm looking at the same one to replace my stolen one

I love the Eotech. I had it on another 16" carbine.

Sagamisan
03-08-2010, 12:24 PM

Now that's a good tip!!

And yes we all sound like babies complaining about our toys not getting to us fast enough (I'm guilty too)

Endless
03-08-2010, 4:13 PM

In my dealings with all car parts, gun parts, etc on a next day ONLY time line the past 20+ years and even with overnight shippings of large items from Japan and Europe I will have to say that FedEX and Bax Global are on top. Next would be USPS although their customer service sucks. UPS is at the bottom but have the best customer service so I use all. lol
I never ship standard I always use the fastest shipping available so I cannot comment on just standard or 2 day shipping. Sometimes the shipping cost more than the product. I remember I shipped a full rollcage for my Acura NSX back in 2002 and it cost me $700 to ship it but it still took 2 days due to customs but I paid for the faster (clear in the air) and it got to me in 2.5 days. Cage was only $650....But that was with Bax and they told me 2.5 days guarnteed.

Honestly not one of them is better than the other.