PDA

View Full Version : State ID?

lil' gunsim
02-26-2010, 11:40 PM
Where do I go to get a state ID? On my school transcript, it shows the state id number for me, but is that good enough to order a rifle or I needed a valid ID card? I'm just asking even though I'm not 18 yet...

Mssr. Eleganté
02-27-2010, 3:26 PM
Where do I go to get a state ID? On my school transcript, it shows the state id number for me, but is that good enough to order a rifle or I needed a valid ID card? I'm just asking even though I'm not 18 yet...

To acquire a rifle at a gunshop (once you are 18 years old) you will need a valid California Drivers License or California ID Card from the California Department of Motor Vehicles. You can read all about the process at this link...

http://www.dmv.ca.gov/idinfo/idcard.htm

The Blind Gunman
02-28-2010, 7:51 PM
If your buying a handgun at 21 you need the same identification plus proof of residence?

polojeff
02-28-2010, 8:07 PM
Yeah, long guns only require one piece of ID but handguns also require a proof of residence (like a utility bill, mortgage statement)

The Blind Gunman
02-28-2010, 8:16 PM
LOL could I show him my mail?

lil' gunsim
02-28-2010, 8:23 PM
LOL could I show him my mail?

LOL, is it safe to show mail?

The Blind Gunman
02-28-2010, 8:27 PM
LOL, is it safe to show mail?

lol my mail addressed to me has my name and address on it.

This is getting ridiculous!

lil' gunsim
02-28-2010, 8:34 PM

There's always a P.O to go to pick up mail rather than your house so no one can steal your mail...the neighborhood I live in well, people steal mail a lot, my dad have to get one of those mailboxes with a combo lock and key on it.

Anyway, thanks for helping me with the ID thing, let's not turned this topic to state ID to protecting your mail thread.

The Blind Gunman
02-28-2010, 8:39 PM
right on.

KING_PALM
03-01-2010, 8:12 PM
you are going to be 18 and dont have a lisc?

i think you need to get your Lisc when you turn 18.

Cokebottle
03-01-2010, 8:34 PM

No.
Vehicle registration is the most common POR, even for those that do own/rent homes.
Otherwise, a utility bill (no cellphones), lease/rental agreement, mortgage statement... those are good to go.

If you're rooming with someone (even your parents), have them write up a rental agreement (even if the rent is "free")... that'll do the job.

The Blind Gunman
03-01-2010, 10:43 PM
No.
Vehicle registration is the most common POR, even for those that do own/rent homes.
Otherwise, a utility bill (no cellphones), lease/rental agreement, mortgage statement... those are good to go.

If you're rooming with someone (even your parents), have them write up a rental agreement (even if the rent is "free")... that'll do the job.

Dude thats a really good idea! I found a website for that http://www.lectlaw.com/forms/f091.htm

outland
03-11-2010, 7:53 PM
The id address has to match the bill address also, right?

Cokebottle
03-11-2010, 7:58 PM
The id address has to match the bill address also, right?
No.

The ID is proof of who you are.
The bill (or vehicle registration) is proof of residence.

E-120
03-14-2010, 6:26 PM
I am considering moving out of state to Wa. I would like to still be able to buy stuff here on a limited basis. Can you get a state ID to cover this? Or just show proof of a part time rental contract?
Thanks

glockwise2000
03-14-2010, 11:14 PM
I am considering moving out of state to Wa. I would like to still be able to buy stuff here on a limited basis. Can you get a state ID to cover this? Or just show proof of a part time rental contract?
Thanks

Washington state or Washington DC?