PDA

View Full Version : AR15 Training in the Bay Area

GunFan
02-26-2010, 9:49 PM
Hi Folks:

I am brand new to AR's. Where is a good place/course to learn how to handle the weapon for defense purposes in the S.F. Bay Area?

THANKS!

BRANDON7766
02-26-2010, 10:20 PM
your home.

buy the magpul dvds and LEARN. I am fairly new to guns and ARs and these were an incredible tool in my quest for knowledge process.

blisster
02-26-2010, 10:55 PM
I as well would like to attend a CA-friendly carbine course. I know that the Magpul Dynamics guys did one in the LA area last year that sounded great; I however woul dbe interested in something a bit more affordable and local to the sac/bay area.

bluthandwerk
02-26-2010, 11:27 PM
Check the Competition and Training section of the forums. There's almost always a post up for training in Sac or other parts of the Bay Area.

I really like these guys:
LMS Defense (http://www.lmsdefense.com/lms/)

They run classes in San Jose at Metcalf and in Sacramento at Sac Valley. Great training and friendly people too.

SuperSet
02-27-2010, 12:08 AM
LMS Defense and Stone Cobra are in your area and I can vouch for them both. You'll be served well with their instructors and curriculum.

till44
02-27-2010, 7:39 AM
your home.

buy the magpul dvds and LEARN. I am fairly new to guns and ARs and these were an incredible tool in my quest for knowledge process.

Be careful using only videos as a training tool. They can cause you to develope training scars, as there is no instructor to catch what you are doing wrong. If you do use videos, at least do it with a friend that can offer some critiques as you practice and see the things that you may not see.

BlackViper
02-27-2010, 12:32 PM
+1 for LMS Defense

GunFan
02-27-2010, 1:37 PM
Did you take the 1 day Carbine Clinic?

dpharley
02-27-2010, 1:48 PM
Ditto on the Magpul videos, they are top notch. Chabot Range is good to shoot and ask others about their weapons, everyone is friendly. Chabot has 2-3 guns shoots once you are comfortable with your skill level, but you can always go and watch. Don't be afraid to ask questions.

http://www.chabotgunclub.com/

GunFan
02-27-2010, 1:51 PM
Thanks DPHArley. BTW: I like the way your FLHX is set up!

dpharley
02-27-2010, 1:54 PM
Thanks, They are money pits, but once you get hooked on black rifles you will find all kinds of parts to add on as you go.

BlackViper
02-27-2010, 3:55 PM
Did you take the 1 day Carbine Clinic?

Yes... and their 2 day clinic, intermediate clinics, pistol clinics, emergency medicine, and some private training sessions.