PDA

View Full Version : Kahr 380

sirr6
02-26-2010, 5:59 PM
I went to my local gun shop and they had one for sale, i had to have it, so i put money down on it, wont beable to get it till next month due to a current gun on dros right now. anyone get one yet? I paid 709 for it not 750.00

Tec9
02-26-2010, 7:58 PM
I wish I was looking for one since I saw it made the roster but nobody seems to have it so i went with the PM40 its in the works. Does it look good in person? As soon as the 30 days are over ohh yeah thats next:cool:

fourtyounce48
02-26-2010, 8:20 PM
I went to my local gun shop and they had one for sale, i had to have it, so i put money down on it, wont beable to get it till next month due to a current gun on dros right now. anyone get one yet?

I'm going to be in elk grove this weekend. What gun shop was it and do they have anymore. I really want this handgun. Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

will227457
02-26-2010, 9:51 PM
what was the list price?

aermotor
02-26-2010, 10:18 PM
Zoiks... what did you pay for it before DROS?...

sirr6
02-27-2010, 12:48 AM
When i saw it, i didnt think it was that small! But it feels really good in my hands, the asking price is 750. River city gun exchange has one only and guess who got it!?:ninja:

bwolcott
02-27-2010, 8:27 AM
thats way to much money it should be around 550 or so

sirr6
02-27-2010, 9:54 AM
maybe dealer mark up? not sure, but i got it anyways.

sirr6
02-27-2010, 9:57 AM
actually if you go on there site its 758, with the night sight. So, i did get an ok deal.

KP3833N (2.5" Barrel)
Black polymer frame, matte stainless slide with Tritium night sights
MSRP: $758.00
Now Shipping!!

D1911
02-27-2010, 10:08 AM
When i saw it, i didnt think it was that small! But it feels really good in my hands, the asking price is 750. River city gun exchange has one only and guess who got it!?:ninja:

I handled the one at RCGE yesterday when I was in to pick up my Kahr P-9. It felt very good in the hand, much better then the Ruger LCP. I like the fact that it actually has useable sights.

aermotor
02-27-2010, 10:56 AM
The site price is MSRP not street price, but because it's a newish gun and you found one already in CA, they are going to gouge the hell out of it. After taxes/fees you're paying roughly $860 for it I believe?... It's kind of expected. Obviously you could have waited around for a deal, but then you wouldn't have the gun in 2 weeks or so :)

MSRP on the Black Diamond slide PM40 (which I bought) is $837, but I found one out of state, and including all fees/taxes I wrangled it for $650 which is an absolute steal for that model. There's no way in hell you can get that price buying that gun at a local dealer. So don't think the site price should be what you pay for it...

Of course you can find things for less, but it just takes time. Don't feel bad paying more for something you can have now; that's just the trade off.

I handled the one at RCGE yesterday when I was in to pick up my Kahr P-9. It felt very good in the hand, much better then the Ruger LCP. I like the fact that it actually has useable sights.

Yea if you compare Kahr's sub compacts to anyone else, Ruger, Kel-Tec etc, Kahr will kill them in quality all day long. Sure, that's why they cost more, but you get USABLE SIGHTS at least! The Ruger and Kel-Tec are a joke, I guess they figure you're not "aiming" and just point shooting...

tac
02-27-2010, 10:57 AM
I tried to pick one up from Martin Retting last week but somebody beat me to it.

aermotor
02-27-2010, 10:59 AM
I think it's better you didn't... I called them and was appalled at their price... it was MORE than Gun World if you can believe that.

I'm surprised sometimes the at lack of research that people put into finding a good price on a gun. Maybe you guys just have money to burn and a few hundred extra just doesn't matter to you lol...

sirr6
02-27-2010, 11:35 AM
so you touched my gun!!!!! haha, im the one who bought it, it was 709 not 750.00

bwolcott
02-28-2010, 7:07 AM
actually if you go on there site its 758, with the night sight. So, i did get an ok deal.

KP3833N (2.5" Barrel)
Black polymer frame, matte stainless slide with Tritium night sights
MSRP: $758.00
Now Shipping!!

oh ok wasn't aware you got the one with the night sights

webster223
02-28-2010, 8:54 AM
For those saying we should be able to get the Kahr .380 for a couple hundred less than MSRP, would you mind sharing which CA FFLs actually have them in stock for that price?

I'm not opposed to paying the lowest available price for a firearm, but based on the posts in this thread so far, the lowest available price appears to be MSRP.

If someone is willing to pay MSRP (or higher) for a newly available gun currently in short supply, that's not a ripoff; that's the free market in action.

sirr6
02-28-2010, 1:35 PM
mine with night sights was 709, msrp is 758, i never see them a couple hundred under mspr, unless its on gunbroker or some site you bid on.

bigbob76
02-28-2010, 3:01 PM

I couldn't agree more. I have a long list of things that just aren't right darn it.:) As soon as I see one in the store I'll probably buy it.