PDA

View Full Version : Calguns shooting range resource. What range do you go to? What do you like/dislike?

oversteerdawg
02-26-2010, 5:35 PM
I figure we get a nice database of ranges with opinions and pricing info as a resource for calgunners. Address and phone number would be great as well. Please only list places that you've shot at. I'll start.

Shooter's Paradise of Oxnard
1910 Sunkist Circle
Oxnard, CA 93033-3923
(805) 486-1177

Pro: Good guys that seem to enforce rules properly. I usually go when they are close to closing and I haven't noticed any thugs/wannabe gangsters there, but I have heard stories.

Cons: Pricey. I go with a friend who is a member so a lane only costs $4, but you have to shoot their reloads, which are very pricey. $20 for a box of 9mm and $22 for 45 ACP.

Insight Shooting Range Inc.
17020 Alburtis Avenue
Artesia, CA 90701-2615
(562) 860-4365

Pros: Large facility and a good selection if you want to rent. Cheap, cheap, cheap ammo. $12 for a box of 9mm and $15 for 45 ACP.

Cons: Seems like they get quite a few newbie shooters in there, but I've never had a problem with any of them. Heard stories of thugs/wannabe gangsters, but again, I've never witnessed it.

Sorry to the mods if this is posted in the wrong forum...I couldn't find a perfect fit for it. Feel free to move it as necessary.

rgs1975
02-26-2010, 5:54 PM
The two I use:

Bullseye San Rafael

Like - Knowledeable and friendly staff, nice small indoor pistol range, good selection of rentals, great selection of retail guns/supplies, dogs in the store. The only dislike I can come up with is they need more square footage.

Circle S Ranch Petaluma

Like - 300 yard rifle range, fun area for shooting clays with the shotty, cheap. Dislikes - no close range area for pistols, they make you use steel shot when shooting on the clay range, staff seems too busy...there is usually only 1 person working, target stands often in poor condition, lots of annoying people seem to find this shooting range.

Once A Marine
02-26-2010, 6:07 PM
This has been done a few times. Here are two just to start with:

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=188353&highlight=ranges

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=58026

The problem with this kind of forum post is that it becomes unweildy if I'm looking for something in a specific place. The thread is pages long, and hard to really find info.

The google earth link (first one) is a great concept, as it presents the ranges in a relational data form.