PDA

View Full Version : Malfunctioning Loaded 1911 back from Springfield.

KendalJonah
02-25-2010, 10:14 PM
Got my 1911 back from Springfield today. They received my pistol on February 2nd and got it back today. No more malfunctions. 100 rounds down the pipe and it performed FLAWLESSLY. No more feeding issues. The customer service was great even though I stalked them almost daily. Then I think this could have all been avoided if they did a better job with Quality Assurance. IT WAS BRAND NEW!!!

BamBam-31
02-25-2010, 11:06 PM
Three week turnaround isn't too bad. Good to hear they took care of you. Goes along w/ what almost everyone says about Springfield's terrific customer service. Yes, it should have worked from the get-go. No company, however, turns out cherries every time. How said company responds is just as important, IMHO.

What kind of feeding issues were you having, and what did they do to fix it? Was it not feeding hollow points?

SNEAKS
02-25-2010, 11:42 PM
Springfield has some top shelf customer service. I recently sent a longslide in for repair and then some custom work and when I got it back the custom work was flawless but there was still an issue with one of the warranty issues. I let them know and sent it back in and in less than a week later received it back with everything fixed and at no cost for shipping the whole time. Know lets see Kimber do that.:rofl:

ilvwhtgrls
02-26-2010, 9:29 AM
Springfield has some top shelf customer service. I recently sent a longslide in for repair and then some custom work and when I got it back the custom work was flawless but there was still an issue with one of the warranty issues. I let them know and sent it back in and in less than a week later received it back with everything fixed and at no cost for shipping the whole time. Know lets see Kimber do that.:rofl:

Was that really necessary? The whole Springfield VS Kimber thing has really gone way too far. If I had the same train of thought I'd say, well my Kimber wouldn't have to go back to the factory twice for the same issue. BTW, this is coming from a non Kimber or Springfield owner.

bigcalidave
02-26-2010, 9:35 AM

Stupid.... Seriously, why make the kimber comment? My night sights were dim on my kimber, and there was some discoloration on my barrel because of some cleaning I DID. I sent it to them priority mail, and had it BACK in a week with no charges, a cleaned, refinished slide and brand new sights. Let's see kimber do that? Ok, there.

sker13
02-26-2010, 9:39 AM
Was that really necessary? The whole Springfield VS Kimber thing has really gone way too far. If I had the same train of thought I'd say, well my Kimber wouldn't have to go back to the factory twice for the same issue. BTW, this is coming from a non Kimber or Springfield owner.

Well said! It's beyond old. :beatdeadhorse5:

I see your a bass fisherman....You probably own a Lowrance....Had any customer service experience with them lately? Now that is a nightmare. If you don't own Lowrance that has a problem count your blessings.

Rover
02-26-2010, 10:38 AM
Yep, sometimes poop happens, guns, cars, tools, blenders, it's how the company deals with the issues that matters. There are some companies out there with great CS, and others that are absolutely terrible, glad SA treated you well.

HkFan416
02-26-2010, 12:32 PM
Kimber guys, don't get so upset. He was obviously making a joke, hence the emoticon.

SNEAKS
02-26-2010, 12:45 PM

Two of my friends had to send their Kimbers back twice for the same issues before they where fixed and my cousin sent his in three times before they finally replaced it for a new one which he sold because of the attitude they gave everytime he would call them.

Well said! It's beyond old. :beatdeadhorse5:

I see your a bass fisherman....You probably own a Lowrance....Had any customer service experience with them lately? Now that is a nightmare. If you don't own Lowrance that has a problem count your blessings.

Nope all Hummingbird here. One of my fishing partners has Lowrance though and has had good results with their customer service. It probably helps that his brother is sponsored by them though.

SNEAKS
02-26-2010, 12:49 PM
Sorry to get all the Kimber buffs panties in a bunch. It was a joke.

sker13
02-26-2010, 1:13 PM
Two of my friends had to send their Kimbers back twice for the same issues before they where fixed and my cousin sent his in three times before they finally replaced it for a new one which he sold because of the attitude they gave everytime he would call them.

Nope all Hummingbird here. One of my fishing partners has Lowrance though and has had good results with their customer service. It probably helps that his brother is sponsored by them though.

LOL Lowrance is really bad. Stick with the bird. I have a spare thats how many problems i've had. I love the graphs just not the failures or the terrible CS. Next is changing over to the bird with down scan!
On the Kimber comment It just gets old thats all. Most tight fitting 1911's are gonna have an issue here or there. Most are simple fixes! Anybody you know fishing the California Bass Championships? PM me if so we are sponsoring those events!

nrvnqsrxk
02-26-2010, 1:55 PM
I'm glad to see another Springfield customer happy! I know I'm going to have a Professional from them one day.

OT: Does anyone know if the Professional has an undercut trigger guard? I've read conflicting information where some have them and some don't.

gonefishin@
02-26-2010, 7:38 PM
everybody makes mistakes but what you do after that defines what you learned from it. lets go fishin..