PDA

View Full Version : Question:

curtp11
02-25-2010, 10:58 AM
Hi To My Cali Bretheren Shooters,

My question is what could I UOC or even have with me to visit CA? Could I have my 1911 and my Kel Tec P-11 with 10 rd. mags? What about 12 rd. mags? Is my MKII 22/45 with 10 rd. mags ok? What about revolvers? Any and All help Greatly Appreciated. Thank You.

BigDogatPlay
02-25-2010, 11:07 AM
Do not bring any mags capable of holding more than ten rounds across the state line. You would be committing a felony if you did so.

Help me out on acronyms... what is UDC?

curtp11
02-25-2010, 11:29 AM
Sorry, corrected to read UOC, Unloaded Open Carry. Thanks for the mag info.

mcsoupman
02-25-2010, 11:32 AM
Open Carry is a challenge right now that we are trying to avoid for the purpose of future political gain. We want to avoid the potential "bad press" and FUD it continues to cause in the public.

I will let the more knowledgeable advice on handgun rosters and specific pistols.

Welcome to the PRK!

Rekrab
02-25-2010, 11:42 AM
Opinions are mixed on UOC. I prefer not to but it is legal.

Don't bring any magazines into the state that can hold more than ten rounds. If you must bring them in, dismantle them into their fundamental parts and keep them that way until you leave. Alternatively, you can block them to only accept ten rounds.

As long as your handguns don't have assault weapon features, no reason to worry about the list. The list is only for new guns bought from dealers or transfers from dealers.

zman
02-25-2010, 11:50 AM
Opinions are mixed on UOC. I prefer not to but it is legal.

Don't bring any magazines into the state that can hold ten rounds. If you must bring them in, dismantle them into their fundamental parts and keep them that way until you leave. Alternatively, you can block them to only accept ten rounds.

As long as your handguns don't have assault weapon features, no reason to worry about the list. The list is only for new guns bought from dealers or transfers from dealers.

...can hold more than ten rounds.

Rekrab
02-25-2010, 11:51 AM
Whoops! Fixed, thanks.