PDA

View Full Version : Glock 30sf kaboom

verynew2this
02-24-2010, 10:54 PM
I was wondering if anyone knows if glock 30 or 30sf or glock 21 or 21sf are still having kabooms every now an again? Also ive heard of getting a new barrel and putting it in helps, does this 100% eliminate a chase of a kaboom? What are the estimated odds of a kaboom if i only use factory fmj ammo?

Millions-Knives
02-24-2010, 11:05 PM
You should contact Glock and ask them if they can provide you with any information.

Quiet
02-24-2010, 11:37 PM
If you are afraid your gun will "kaboom", then never use reloads or get another gun.

BTW...
Any firearm has a chance of experiencing a "kaboom".

hybridatsun350
02-25-2010, 2:15 AM
Why do people think guns just explode? Don't do something stupid to make your gun explode and it wont. :rolleyes:

Oh, and welcome to Calguns! haha

SCMA-1
02-25-2010, 7:58 AM
There's too much misinformation floating around, especially on Calguns. Glocks don't "kaboom". All kinds of guns have had catastrophic failures for all sorts of reasons, few are gun related but most of them are a result of faulty ammo (both factory and improperly reloaded) or improper maintenance. I've been reloading for over 20 years; some of my Glocks are over 20 years old and have digested tens of thousands of my reloads including cast lead without incident. Thousands of IPSC shooters all over the world use Glocks in competition and exclusively use lead projectiles in their reloads. Contrary to popular belief, you DO NOT need to replace the stock Glock barrel with an aftermarket barrel to shoot lead bullets accurately and safely. You just need to be a safe and competent ammunition loader and properly maintain your firearms.

will227457
02-25-2010, 8:15 AM
I was wondering if anyone knows if glock 30 or 30sf or glock 21 or 21sf are still having kabooms every now an again? Also ive heard of getting a new barrel and putting it in helps, does this 100% eliminate a chase of a kaboom? What are the estimated odds of a kaboom if i only use factory fmj ammo?

sounds like you should not get a glock, ton of bad info out there and you are buyin in to it.

having worked at a range I have seen kahrs, springfield 1911's, rugers, etc "blowup" but all due to either using the wrong ammo in the firearm or poorly reloaded ammunition......

the short answer is yes any gun can ka-boom....is it likely to happen if your not a moron...no....

berg
02-25-2010, 8:42 AM
I wish you wold re-title your post. I clicked on it thinking you were reporting a G30SF kaboom, not simply asking if they happen.

ocspeedracer
02-25-2010, 8:54 AM
not gonna happen unless you get a squib or have a bad reload. I replaced my 21sf with a wolf but i don't really think i needed to