PDA

View Full Version : New Sig catalog

gorenut
02-24-2010, 10:32 PM
I did a search and didn't find any other posts on this.. but Sig's site has the 2010 catalog for download. Thought I'd post this here in case anyone missed it. The new ergo P-series pistols look very promising. I definitely want one.

http://www.sigsauer.com/CustomerService/CatalogRequest.aspx

marcus_bervus
02-24-2010, 11:43 PM
is there any printed catalog for sig?

gorenut
02-25-2010, 7:20 AM
I'm sure somewhere, they have printed catalogs. I haven't gotten one though.

trapshot68
02-25-2010, 7:29 AM
The new ergo P-series pistols look very promising. I definitely want one.
[/url]

That's one of the reasons I'm holding off my G10 grip purchase. Reading up on the E2, there were no changes to the frame, instead only to the hammer strut, spring, housing and grip. It is unknown at this time if Sig or TGS will offer it as a stand-alone upgrade package. If they do, I'm all over it. :)

gorenut
02-25-2010, 7:37 AM
That's one of the reasons I'm holding off my G10 grip purchase. Reading up on the E2, there were no changes to the frame, instead only to the hammer strut, spring, housing and grip. It is unknown at this time if Sig or TGS will offer it as a stand-alone upgrade package. If they do, I'm all over it. :)

Yea, I know what you mean. I'm hoping for the same.. as long as its not going to cost more than G10s. Not 100% sure about the Short Reset Triggers though. I heard it only really benefits people with smaller hands and can even be awkward for people with closer to large hands.

trapshot68
02-25-2010, 7:44 AM
I don't see why it wouldn't. Approximations of course,
$10 for the strut
$4 for the spring
$4 for the spring seat,
and figure $15 to 25 for the grip.......

And if Sig were smart, do different sized grips, ala backstrap type systems or P2020. Small, medium, large, extra large, thumb shelf, etc.

I think you're getting the "Short Trigger" mixed up with the "Short Reset Trigger" (SRT).

The short trigger is actually shorter.
http://www.topgunsupply.com/images/T/image-147.jpg vs http://www.topgunsupply.com/images/T/image-377.jpg

The SRT actually affects the reset (the amount of trigger travel required forward after firing to reset the trigger for follow up shots). I just put the SRT in my Sig. Very nice, but is taking some getting used to.

gorenut
02-25-2010, 7:47 AM
I don't see why it wouldn't. Approximations of course,
$10 for the strut
$4 for the spring
$4 for the spring seat,
and figure $15 to 25 for the grip.......

And if Sig were smart, do different sized grips, ala backstrap type systems or P2020. Small, medium, large, extra large, thumb shelf, etc.

I think you're getting the "Short Trigger" mixed up with the "Short Reset Trigger" (SRT).

The short trigger is actually shorter.
http://www.topgunsupply.com/images/T/image-147.jpg vs http://www.topgunsupply.com/images/T/image-377.jpg

The SRT actually affects the reset (the amount of trigger travel required forward after firing to reset the trigger for follow up shots). I just put the SRT in my Sig. Very nice, but is taking some getting used to.

Yea, I def meant the SRT.. guess they're standard in e2 Sigs. Maybe I did misread other reviews on SHORT TRIGGERS. Is there any way to get the SRT and install it yourself? If so, was it difficult at all?

I don't know how much it'll benefit me though, I'm used to shooting revolvers.

Looking at the pricing, it seems like it'll cost roughly $100 to get the SRT installed.

trapshot68
02-25-2010, 7:47 AM
And I'm really kinda excited about the 7.62 AR platform, but I'm kinda confused how it's compatible with the M14 mags.

There aren't holes on the side for it to catch......

Still, would be awesome. Prebans, chuck the flash hider, pin the stock and put on a grip wrap or MMG. hm.....

Damn, I better start saving.

trapshot68
02-25-2010, 7:49 AM
Yea, I def meant the SRT.. guess they're standard in e2 Sigs. Maybe I did misread other reviews on SHORT TRIGGERS. Is there any way to get the SRT and install it yourself? If so, was it difficult at all?

I don't know how much it'll benefit me though, I'm used to shooting revolvers.

Yeah, the E2 is coming with both the Short Trigger, and SRT. You generally can't get SRT parts from Sig. You have to take their armorer's course to be "qualified" to get them. You'll see them pop up here every once in a while (about $100), or on Sigforum.

If you're familiar with detail stripping your Sig, then it's not hard at all to put in. If you aren't, ask a friend. Depending on where you at, you can try mine.

Oh, and at the time, you're at post "226". Awesome!

gorenut
02-25-2010, 8:01 AM
Yeah, the E2 is coming with both the Short Trigger, and SRT. You generally can't get SRT parts from Sig. You have to take their armorer's course to be "qualified" to get them. You'll see them pop up here every once in a while (about $100), or on Sigforum.

If you're familiar with detail stripping your Sig, then it's not hard at all to put in. If you aren't, ask a friend. Depending on where you at, you can try mine.

Oh, and at the time, you're at post "226". Awesome!

Hahahah, I'm almost afraid to post ever again.. wish I could keep it at 226. I'm guessing it'll cost me probably roughly $150 total if I were to get new grips (if they become available in a kit) and the SRT done.. well atleast close to $200.

trapshot68
02-25-2010, 8:04 AM
That's if they even make the grip avail. They may just make it "for production only" and shaft everyone....

Still, either that or $140 for the g10's, and $100 for the SRT.....

If you can try an SRT pistol though, do so. I like it, but I need to get used to it.

gorenut
02-25-2010, 8:29 AM
Yea, thanks for the advice. I'll definitely try to give it a shot first, try to locate one with an SRT next time I go shooting. This is one of those things where I've shot fine with my P226 this whole time.. but now that I see this available, I'm starting to second-guess myself "am I getting the most potential out of this pistol?" - also what recently opened my eyes is how much smoother my GP-100 at double action felt vs my P226. Ofcourse my GP100 had way more break-in time and maybe my P226 will be as smooth over time.

Johansenk
02-25-2010, 9:43 PM
cool catalog...except there's no Pro 2022 :(