PDA

View Full Version : This video.. wow.. "best handling ever"

gorenut
02-24-2010, 10:10 PM
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/cNLGTUOR3kg&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/cNLGTUOR3kg&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

The best is when he points at the camera, then at his own head... later to explain he conceal carries it.. but only has fired it a few times.

1*mike
02-24-2010, 10:14 PM
shoulder holster aka bra

Black Majik
02-24-2010, 10:18 PM
DAO. LOL what a moron.

7x57
02-24-2010, 10:19 PM
"It has no trigger whatsoever" :smilielol5:

ETA: the little moan of pleasure after releasing the slide stop really isn't helping us debunk the claim that gun owners have some sort of gun hangup either. :eek:

7x57

Snake eyes
02-24-2010, 10:20 PM
Ahh Youtube, showcase for the truly moronic.

IrishPirate
02-24-2010, 10:21 PM
Seems like every idiot with a camera thinks the world wants to know about their new gun......99% of the gun reviews I've seen are by people who don't know anything about guns...

i know you can see it unloaded, but counting all the bad practices he does: i count 14 seperate times the finger was on the trigger and 4 times he pointed it at himself....pointing at the camera doesn't bother me unless someone is behind it. plus the way he handles it, just tossing it around......not very smart.

aermotor
02-24-2010, 10:24 PM
"She's a beast, she is a beast"

Alex$
02-24-2010, 10:29 PM
Speechless.

I don't want to be in the room with him when he releases the slide on a 1911... :12:

leelaw
02-24-2010, 10:32 PM
// knows someone who managed to shoot themselves with an "unloaded" XD45 the other week.

gorenut
02-24-2010, 10:35 PM
it astounds me further that his video has 4 stars. I'm guessing its either his friends or people who just love XDs so much that they'll look past the idiot handling it.

f33dback
02-24-2010, 10:39 PM
A serious contender for the Tennessee Darwin Awards.

SJgunguy24
02-24-2010, 10:42 PM
It makes you wonder if this guy looked at his video before he posted it?
Is that a mag or a slide?? Recoiless......she's a beast..she's a beast.

He CCW's a gun he's shot several times? Mkay, well any gun I would CCW would be like an extention of my hand. I mean if your serious about using that gun to defend your life at least.

Blackhawk556
02-24-2010, 10:44 PM
i left him a review

sorry for the words i used

SCMA-1
02-24-2010, 10:46 PM
I found myself instinctively ducking each time he pointed that gun at the camera. He violated all 4 golden rules of firearms safety in that video, btw.....multiple times.:rolleyes: All in all a horrific example of unsafe firearms handling.

SLYoteBoy
02-24-2010, 10:50 PM
You laugh you lose. Didnt make it past a minute. Why do people post stuff like this?

Biclops
02-24-2010, 10:50 PM
It gets really good around 1:21

Points the gun at the camera and points the gun back at himself. Awesome muzzle discipline.

jimmyleost
02-24-2010, 10:53 PM
lol "the noise, i love the noise"

SLYoteBoy
02-24-2010, 10:54 PM
lol "the noise, i love the noise"

Yup , where I lol'd. Watched it a bit further then closed it.

1*mike
02-24-2010, 10:56 PM
OKay I posted a response on youtube aswell.

Biclops
02-24-2010, 11:00 PM
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Q6mZfquhCyg&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Q6mZfquhCyg&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>
Check out 2:06

To his credit he did safety check the pistol in the beginning. Still hard to watch though.

Bill Carson
02-24-2010, 11:06 PM
Wearing a hat backwards causes your IQ to drop severly. Did he call the magazine a stainless steel slide?

Anothercoilgun
02-24-2010, 11:07 PM
1 star for thread.

M47_Dragon
02-24-2010, 11:10 PM
Homeboy has a Tennessee blanket covering his couch.

Time to stop spending money on guns and invest in some new furniture.

Kerplow
02-24-2010, 11:29 PM
It gets really good around 1:21

Points the gun at the camera and points the gun back at himself. Awesome muzzle discipline.

the guy is obviously a tool, but after he thoroughly verified that the chamber is empty and he is after all attempting to showcase the weapon, whats wrong with pointing it at a lifeless inanimate object like a camera? if the guy wants to point a gun that he knows is empty at himself in the privacy of his own home thats his choice. i guess what i'm getting at is this: if you initially execute the most imporant step in safe gun fondling (empty chamber check) then what is the big deal if you point it at yourself. am i obligated to field strip the gun everytime i want to examine the muzzle or rifling?

Henry47
02-24-2010, 11:42 PM
i'm not really seeing why you guys are bashing him. if you guys have nothing good to say, say nothing at all.

he looks like your average joe trying to do a helpful review for others.

SoCalRandy
02-25-2010, 12:09 AM
Overall it was just a really poor review of the pistol. He didn't seem to know very much about it and didn't even appear to be prepared to discuss any of the features of the pistol. Also, how many times can you drop the slide on an empty chamber just because you "love the noise"?

Connor P Price
02-25-2010, 12:15 AM
Wow, just wow. This is who I'm going to for reviews for any handgun I consider purchasing for sure.

gunace89
02-25-2010, 12:21 AM
Wow.....this guy is permantly stuck on stupid. If hes married to anyone can we get them a shirt with this on it?:iamwithstupid:

novabrian
02-25-2010, 12:36 AM
Woah!!

evidens83
02-25-2010, 8:40 AM
LMAO :nopity:

hybridatsun350
02-25-2010, 8:54 AM
Listen to what he has to say! He's got a T-shirt and a couple of hats! :D

maschronic
02-25-2010, 8:58 AM
i wasn't aware that a 45 acp is a beast of a round. i thought a beast round was my S&W 500.

this guy is a tard. his finger is always in the trigger.

7x57
02-25-2010, 9:00 AM
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Q6mZfquhCyg&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Q6mZfquhCyg&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>
Check out 2:06

To his credit he did safety check the pistol in the beginning. Still hard to watch though.

"Huge, huge caliber." :rofl:

On the other hand, there were fewer ridiculous terminology mix-ups than the XD clip. Be hard to make more, granted....

7x57, who just learned he has a handgun in a "huge, huge caliber"

trapshot68
02-25-2010, 9:05 AM
Probably bought it cause it said "Tactical".....

GP3
02-25-2010, 9:07 AM
Why is everyone so worried about the camera's safety?

7x57
02-25-2010, 9:08 AM
...after he thoroughly verified that the chamber is empty and he is after all attempting to showcase the weapon, whats wrong with pointing it at a lifeless inanimate object like a camera?

:eek:

Please say you're just trolling.

if the guy wants to point a gun that he knows is empty at himself in the privacy of his own home thats his choice.

No, it's not. Physically, yes, but not morally. He is detraining whatever safety skills he has, and that endangers others. Your right to act stops at my nose.

Don't make me type in a long lecture on this. :chris:

ETA: forgot to add--do you *really* propose to defend the thesis that "the privacy of your own home" applies to a video you make and put on YouTube for the world to see?

i guess what i'm getting at is this: if you initially execute the most imporant step in safe gun fondling (empty chamber check) then what is the big deal if you point it at yourself. am i obligated to field strip the gun everytime i want to examine the muzzle or rifling?

Again, *please* say you're joking, because if not your attitude about firearms safety is frighteningly bad. The rules are there for a reason, and that reason is the safety of others as well as your own. I would hope that any shooter would understand the difference between what he is doing and checking the bore.

I feel the lecture trying to get out....

i'm not really seeing why you guys are bashing him. if you guys have nothing good to say, say nothing at all.

he looks like your average joe trying to do a helpful review for others.

An average joe would also take flack for putting out incorrect legal or medical advice. His handling practices could get someone shot or in jail for shooting their buddy, and that is not something to remain quiet about.

7x57

CornFedWB
02-25-2010, 9:18 AM
If your going to post a review of a pistol on youtube, A: have something important to say that everyone doesnt already know, dont just keep saying "I really like it, me like big gun!". B: hundrends, if not thousands of people are going to watch it... At least try to look smart and use the best safety skills you can. This is why everyone is bashing him, not his intentions.

mcsoupman
02-25-2010, 9:23 AM
I want to know does TN not require a HSC? JK LOL. This guy can't even look at the pistol without fingering the trigger.

tbhracing
02-25-2010, 9:44 AM
PLEASE- Keep that finger OFF the trigger.

Black Majik
02-25-2010, 9:45 AM
the guy is obviously a tool, but after he thoroughly verified that the chamber is empty and he is after all attempting to showcase the weapon, whats wrong with pointing it at a lifeless inanimate object like a camera?

OK. So, other than looking like a buffoon, what's wrong with pointing it at a camera?

gorenut
02-25-2010, 9:48 AM
OK. So, other than looking like a buffoon, what's wrong with pointing it at a camera?

Maybe its a psychological thing. Probably has a greater effect on us, as the viewer vs the guy pointing at the camera. I'm guessing the camera had no one filming and was probably placed on some stationary stand/pod... only thing I can see bad is if someone was actually behind the camera, filming the whole thing.

Maybe someone can chime in with a better answer.

ZombieTactics
02-25-2010, 9:53 AM
As someone who does reviews on YouTube, I find this video troubling in sooo many ways. If I EVER put up anything this dumb, please begin proceedings to have me committed. I am very receptive to any constructive criticism of my videos, BTW. I actually pulled one due to a point brought up by a fellow CalGunner. It was a "minor" mistake, but enough so that it needed immediate correction.

gorenut
02-25-2010, 10:06 AM
As someone who does reviews on YouTube, I find this video troubling in sooo many ways. If I EVER put up anything this dumb, please begin proceedings to have me committed. I am very receptive to any constructive criticism of my videos, BTW. I actually pulled one due to a point brought up by a fellow CalGunner. It was a "minor" mistake, but enough so that it needed immediate correction.

Your method is how it should be done when dealing with the subject of firearms. We gotta remember there are plenty of people who aren't into firearms who run into these videos.

Black Majik
02-25-2010, 10:17 AM
Maybe its a psychological thing. Probably has a greater effect on us, as the viewer vs the guy pointing at the camera. I'm guessing the camera had no one filming and was probably placed on some stationary stand/pod... only thing I can see bad is if someone was actually behind the camera, filming the whole thing.

Maybe someone can chime in with a better answer.

Thanks for the explanation. To have someone call out troll for pointing a gun at a camera was uncalled for. The guy reviewing on youtube had all sorts of firearms handling violations but pointing a unloaded gun at a camera is just the same as pointing it at any other inanimate object whether it'd be a desk, lamp, tv (c'mon, we've all done it with the accompanied "pew pew" sounds). It is in no violation of the 4 rules.

tempdrummer
02-25-2010, 10:21 AM
Im da only one qualified to carry the glock fowty

CornFedWB
02-25-2010, 10:28 AM
Im da only one qualified to carry the glock fowty

"I am the only one in my department that carrys the glock foBOOM!! You see accidents happen just like that."

BamBam-31
02-25-2010, 10:29 AM
Unfortunately, I've seen worse gun-handling at gun shops. :eek:

Kerplow
02-25-2010, 6:47 PM

No, it's not. Physically, yes, but not morally. He is detraining whatever safety skills he has, and that endangers others. Your right to act stops at my nose.

Don't make me type in a long lecture on this. :chris:

ETA: forgot to add--do you *really* propose to defend the thesis that "the privacy of your own home" applies to a video you make and put on YouTube for the world to see?

Again, *please* say you're joking, because if not your attitude about firearms safety is frighteningly bad. The rules are there for a reason, and that reason is the safety of others as well as your own. I would hope that any shooter would understand the difference between what he is doing and checking the bore.

7x57

sorry, i wasnt trolling... please feel free to lecture as i am here to learn rather than inflame others for the sake of getting my rocks off.

obviously he was not checking the bore, (and i believe my pretense was that the guy is obviously a tool) but i was asking hypothetically: if after i have checked for an empty chamber am i obligated by standard safety practice to dismantle the gun every time i want look into the muzzle end of the barrel?

every time i touch one of my guns i always verify that the chamber is empty. i never point them at others.

I understand it may make some people uneasy to have a gun pointed at them via youtube but the truth of the matter is he pointed the gun at a camera: an inanimate object (unless of course there was a person behind it, but we've all agreed he is obviously socially challenged).

again, i'm not trying to troll here and if you feel you need to lecture then perhaps there is something you know that i dont. I welcome your constructive criticism but please don't offer it in the form of condescending tutelage.

razr
02-25-2010, 7:23 PM
A serious contender for the Tennessee Darwin Awards.

Now, thats funny!

Greg-Dawg
02-25-2010, 7:45 PM
Anybody can own a gun. Anybody.

ledman
02-25-2010, 7:50 PM
LOL!! Tennesse should be embarressed! Well well well...all I can say, if the Zombies do come(and they will) just like in Zombieland, all the fatties get eaten first! RULE #1 CARDIO!! He better be a good shot...becasue he is not that bright with his finger on the trigger, and pointing all around...wow...just wow.

Well, in the beginning, at least he did clear the weapon to make sure it was not loaded...

f33dback
02-25-2010, 8:03 PM
For those "defending" him, the issue is bad handling habits, this guy is a poster child for a gun accident waiting to happen.
He is a sloppy, finger on the trigger meat head, and one day he will "forget it's loaded", with those handling habits guess what comes next.

Would you want your family to live in the next apartment to this guy?

Every time someone is unsafe with a gun, and some one gets hurt or killed, it gives "ammo" to anti-gun legislation.

hollowpoint
02-25-2010, 8:54 PM
I laughed so hard when he pointed the barrel directly at his forehead to show off his sights to the camera I accidentally spit all over my monitor.

I cannot believe this tool and his gun handling techniques. WTF! This is the fool that ends up accidently shooting himself or others and gives safe and responsible gun owners a bad name.

Thanks guy.

BigDogatPlay
02-25-2010, 10:11 PM
Ahhh yes... another one of those "I got home late from my job at the manure plant and I am outta beer so I'll just make a video" kinds of video.

Muzzling the camera, assuming that no one was behind it (they'd be laughing if they knew anything about guns).... no big whoop.

Muzzling himself, repeatedly, while showing off for the camera... just plain dumb.

My video response to his videos, courtesy of YouTube.......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=48rz8udZBmQ

gamma105
02-25-2010, 10:21 PM
why did he have to moan to the *noise* of the slide release?! my dinner almost splattered all over the monitor! don't rag on him too much, he'll transform into that super saiyan crap and blast us away!

greenpea76
02-26-2010, 12:15 AM
Has anyone linked him to this thread yet in his vids? :43:

quick draw mcgraw
02-26-2010, 9:07 AM
Duuhhh.....Gee Tennessee!!!

I got this here double action totally triggerless tactical .45!! I really really like it 'cuz it's a really really big caliber....and check out them night sights, see how they contrast against my fivehead.

.......man I love the sound of racking my slide in the morning!!

pro1911
02-26-2010, 11:52 AM
i have no words???????

tbhracing
02-26-2010, 12:41 PM
why did he have to moan to the *noise* of the slide release?!

That was pretty sad.

Add- He made so many mistakes and caption corrections in his video, might as well scrap it and start over.

DougJ
02-26-2010, 3:46 PM
At least he did a better job with the H&K vid, I didn't feel compelled to leave him a comment as I did on the XD vid.

Still... :no: