PDA

View Full Version : Duped- Sig P226 magazine...

tbhracing
02-24-2010, 5:33 PM
I recently bought a Sig P226 magazine in the genuine Sig container. I pulled it out, slapped it in 226 and dang- Metgar with no smooth rounded front base.

DAMN! :mad: I have hi-caps for my P228. One Sig and the other Metgar.

I guess I have to hunt around for the real, REAL thing? I will be out of town soon and will shop and look closely next time.

Any feedback or same experience?

CHS
02-24-2010, 5:38 PM
Mec-Gar MAKES the mags for Sig now.

tbhracing
02-24-2010, 5:40 PM
Mec-Gar MAKES the mags for Sig now.

I saw that on NutnFancy. But the quality doesnt look like its there. I like the smooth rounded front piece vs. the flat. I will keep looking.

On my P228, its close between the factory and the knock off.

CHS
02-24-2010, 6:05 PM
Mec-Gar makes some of the best mags in the industry. You say the quality "looks" like it's not there, but have you actually USED them yet?

9mmepiphany
02-24-2010, 7:00 PM
On my P228, its close between the factory and the knock off.

what we're trying to say is that the Mec-gar isn't a knock-off. the Mec-gar is the original mag design, Sig just asked them to produce factory mags for them too.

i'm not sure what you mean by the "smooth rounded front piece". are you referring to the thicker base pad on the 229. the base plates have always been flat bottomed on the 226 mags...even when Sig made them

tbhracing
02-24-2010, 7:00 PM
Mec-Gar makes some of the best mags in the industry. You say the quality "looks" like it's not there, but have you actually USED them yet?

I have. But I rather have the SIG factory ones. I will keep hunting for them.

:dupe:

CHS
02-24-2010, 7:18 PM
I have. But I rather have the SIG factory ones. I will keep hunting for them.

Mec-Gar's ARE the factory magazines.

bsg
02-24-2010, 7:33 PM
apparently the german made 10 round P226 magazines are no longer the "current" factory magazine sig is putting out. they are now being made by Mec-Gar. Mec-Gar is great. however the magazine replacement spring is different for the german made factory magazine than the new Mec-Gar factory magazine. as i prefer to keep my life simple i personally will stick with what i already have; if i need german 10 round P226 magazine, i will simply buy on gun broker; that way one spring fits all when replacement time comes around. if you are not too knee deep in the german magazines, do some research; there are many who feel the new Mec-Gars are superior to the older german magazines....

good luck and happy decision making....

-Brady-

tbhracing
02-24-2010, 7:46 PM
Mec-Gar's ARE the factory magazines.
I got that, thanks. Still want the non Mec-Gar mags. Thanks.

I am going out of town so will look around for some non Mec-Gar mags.

Thanks.

Big O
02-24-2010, 7:55 PM
I'm sure you'll get most of your money back in the For Sale forums. I'd offer to buy it, but by the time shipping is factored in, I lose.

tbhracing
02-24-2010, 8:10 PM
I'm sure you'll get most of your money back in the For Sale forums. I'd offer to buy it, but by the time shipping is factored in, I lose.

Its a hi-cap, I will keep you in mind. :)