View Full Version : What ammo do you use for Sig Trailside .22?

02-24-2010, 2:04 PM
I have a 4" Trailside and when using American Eagle 22LR, I expereinced eject/load issue every 15 ~ 20 rounds or so. I also noticed soft recoil with this ammo and wondering what you guys use.
BTW, The pistol was lightly lubed and the bolt face and ejector area were fairly clean. Thanks!

02-24-2010, 2:43 PM
Don't have a Sig Trailside .22LR but I did get to shoot a Hammerli Trailside .22LR one afternoon when I was a complete noob. Fun little .22! I believe I had a couple of FTF/FTEs with that pistol, because I remember having to ask the owner to clear it after each time.

When I began shooting my new Buck Mark, I used American Eagle .22LR ammo. Got lots of FTF/FTEs with that ammo so decided never to buy it again. Now that I shoot Federal .22LR exclusively, my pistol occasionally gets FTF/FTEs.

[Shrug] I've heard it can be the wax on the ammo. As well as the round not being aligned properly in the magazine. Or the magazine being dirty. Or the pistol being dirty. I think it's because bulk .22LR is cheap ammo. For me, a few duds in a boxful of 550 rounds is annoying but not a deal breaker.

Which reminds me. I've more expensive .22LR ammo. I should shoot that stuff after I figure out how to disassemble my Buck Mark.