PDA

View Full Version : OC Indoor Review

ocspeedracer
02-24-2010, 7:11 AM
Okay Ive been seeing a lot of posts about bad experiences at gunstores and even been part of some.

I've had nothing but good experiences with OC Indoor. I admit to not knowing their policy on OLL's.

I had a 1911 ordered online and delivered, great experience.

I bought a glock and my wife bought a revolver, again 2 more great experiences.

I go shooting there nearly every week, every time I've had great experiences, good guys, no one i've met has been rude or condescending and I always see them talking to newbs respectfully and being very informative.

I hope this place remains in the owners hands forever... if not maybe some of us CalGunners' can get together and buy it.

Anyone else had experiences they'd like to share with this place, OLL policy?

jrau13
02-24-2010, 7:14 AM
Thanks for the review! I have yet to go by there(it's not that close to me). I have a friend that lives by it and we have been talking about going by to use the range. I think I will try it for sure now. Thanks!

n2k
02-24-2010, 7:25 AM
Great place, OLL sales friendly (they sell lowers in their pro shop)

Tac Tuesdays with John is some fun shooting.

I know some of the guys are on here.

gorenut
02-24-2010, 7:37 AM
I've heard nothing but good things about the place as well. I've personally never been, but hope to stop by someday, if only for the shooting range.

n2k: What's Tac Tuesdays?

n2k
02-24-2010, 7:38 AM
http://www.ocindoorrange.com/tactuesday.upfl

Rekrab
02-24-2010, 8:30 AM
I would assume they're cool with OLLs. They've had a Spike's Tactical lower on sale for ages and I regularly see one of the guys putting together an AR.

If you want to shoot it there, however, it will need to be pistol caliber.

gorenut
02-24-2010, 8:33 AM
http://www.ocindoorrange.com/tactuesday.upfl

Cool, thanks for the link. I'll def look into it one of these days. Firing Line doesn't have anything like that, atleast not that I'm aware of.

IMC87
02-24-2010, 9:28 AM
No rifles or shotguns can be fired there... only LEOs can use rifles/shotguns... I know they used to allow shotguns but have stopped that, not sure why, I never asked...
As for Tac Tues, its fun :D I used to do it every week almost, but cost of ammo/ being laid off then made me stop... But its a lot of fun, definitely something new and worth trying
In this vid, (this is the guy that sets up Tac Tues), I believe he is shooting his Desert Eagle in 44mag
p67wjqz9jds

tom1850
02-24-2010, 9:32 AM
I have had good experiences with the guys at OC Indoor. They are professional even when there are several people at the counter. The range is fine and equipment seems to be functioning properly. I am going to do a OLL with them later this week early next week and will get back with a report on the experience.

Oldnoob
02-24-2010, 9:55 AM
They are my favor place to shoot, shop, order, and PPT. Great guys working their range and shop. They do things by the book and no BS.

R.I.P. big Mike, the best no-BS range manager ever.

Nynvolt
02-24-2010, 11:56 AM
I have enjoyed my time at OC indoor. It's the closest place for me to shoot. The people are friendly. I haven't bought a gun there but plan to give them my business when I decide I need another gun. Even if the price is higher than elsewhere (not saying they are but if) they have earned my business with their treatment of customers.

Years ago it was called "the firing line" and my experiance then was the same, nice people.

If I could find more $15.00/50 factory ammo I'd go weekly.

RedFord150
02-24-2010, 12:12 PM
I have enjoyed my time at OC indoor. It's the closest place for me to shoot. The people are friendly. I haven't bought a gun there but plan to give them my business when I decide I need another gun. Even if the price is higher than elsewhere (not saying they are but if) they have earned my business with their treatment of customers.

Years ago it was called "the firing line" and my experiance then was the same, nice people.

If I could find more $15.00/50 factory ammo I'd go weekly.

Agree on all.
This last weekend, most of the Glocks were $549.99 at OC Indoor. Turners had a G19 on sale for $539.99. All others were $599.99 at Turner's. The guy at the gun counter at OC actually took the time to show me some Glock repair techniques and recommend a Gunsmith for another need I discussed with him.
OC has my vote.

HCz
02-24-2010, 12:25 PM
I know they used to allow shotguns but have stopped that, not sure why, I never asked...
Shooters with birdshots found out that you can shoot the target hanger which is made of thick paper.
R.I.P. big Mike, the best no-BS range manager ever.
I miss him, too. RIP Mike.:patriot:

As for OLL, as long as it is a pistol caliber, it is good to go. I recently saw someone with a .22LR version there.(not sure if it is Umarex/S&W M&P though)

Paradiddle
02-24-2010, 12:39 PM
On target in laguna niguel runs a "IPSC" kinda tactical thing one night a week as well.

SeanCasey
02-24-2010, 3:17 PM
My wife and I both like shooting at OC Indoor. It has been awhile since we have been there though as I like taking my Mosin and WASR out. My wife wants an M&P so maybe i'll buy her one for our anniversary and reup our membership there.

This range does a great job and keeping an eye on the shooters and stopping people from doing overly stupid things. Dang it, seeing this post is making want to go bring my 1911 there for some fun.

n2k
02-24-2010, 4:26 PM
Dang it, seeing this post is making want to go bring my 1911 there for some fun.

Maybe we can talk to John and set up a Calguns Tactical Night.....

Rekrab
02-24-2010, 4:34 PM
That would be pretty awesome, and I bet they'd be receptive to the idea.

J20DB
02-24-2010, 4:52 PM
I've been shooting at OC Indoor Range for a couple of years now, and just recently started doing Tactical Tuesdays. Other than one employee who generally made me feel unwelcome (said employee is no longer there), I've found that the staff is by far the friendliest set of "gun store" people around. If anybody ever wants to meet up, I'm there at least twice a week.

A Calguns Tactical night would be awesome!

Batbunny
02-24-2010, 5:26 PM
I frequent OC indoor and I must say that they are the best range/store I've been too.

Bill Carson
02-24-2010, 8:29 PM
I dig that place, those cats are kewl. I took two women there to teach them how to shoot at the same time and the guys didn't try to "big league" me or embarrass me or ask about my qualifications regarding training.

OhDannyBoy
02-24-2010, 11:34 PM
As both "The Firing Line" and "OC Indoor Shooting Range", I've had nothing but good experiences with staff, the range, purchases, PPTs - you name it.

donsnnk
02-24-2010, 11:44 PM
i go there all the time
great guys
sometimes they let me get away with double tapping haha